Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck yes. I'm definitely buying a smart phone holder for my bike tomorrow.

Better than wasting a bunch of ultra balls/berries on a high level 2nd/3rd stage pokemon only to find out it has shit IVs.

Yeah that's something they should really look at. Catching an evolved pokemon should give better rewards than catching the first form, given they're so much harder to catch. At least their flee rate is really low, but that just means that you can use red balls until it finally works. Yesterday I had a fairly feeble 140 cp Pidgeotto require 6 or 7 capture attempts. If anything, that just takes way too long.

As for the egg thing, you can check in your journal what you got from the egg if you missed the hatching.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck yes. I'm definitely buying a smart phone holder for my bike tomorrow.

Yeah that's something they should really look at. Catching an evolved pokemon should give better rewards than catching the first form, given they're so much harder to catch. At least their flee rate is really low, but that just means that you can use red balls until it finally works. Yesterday I had a fairly feeble 140 cp Pidgeotto require 6 or 7 capture attempts. If anything, that just takes way too long.

As for the egg thing, you can check in your journal what you got from the egg if you missed the hatching.

I think it's more the wasted time that he hasn't put something new in the incubator that's bothering him.

Also my phone usually vibrates when my egg hatches. Most of the time.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I caught a 90ish Eevee that evolved into a Vaporeon with Hydro Pump. It's CP is a bit lower but I think this is the one to level up. It's a pain in the ass to catch a decent IV Eevee that evolves into a Vaporeon with the right moveset. So I think I'll call it a day and pump this one up.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Collapsed yesterday at work due to heart problems -- wake up coated with IV's and shit sticking into me. I shit you the fuck not when the nurse comes in, the first thing she asks me: "Where did you find all those dratini?". Nothing medical-related, nope. POKEMON GO was the first thing she asks me about.

This fucking game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
woke up an hour ago, noticed a team of two taking over the gyms I can see from my BR. Yet they left the arenas level 3 without training them up at all. So I got up, followed them (of course never caught up to them) and ended up claiming 40 / 2000 for the first time.

How does that work? Every time I clear a gym, it's only level 2.

Just used my first incense, pulled 12 pokemon while doing a very decent pace on foot. Seven were trash, two Krabby, one Jynx, one Gastly and one Nidoran. However one pidgey came with 378 cp, so that might make a beast Pidgeot.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking for the definitive answer: Does time of day affect spawns at all? For example is a Weedle (or anything really) more likely to spawn during the daytime as opposed to nighttime?

I've got some free time on my hands over the long weekend and my wife is out of town so I'm looking to do some Dratini farming. I found a spot that seems to have them spawn regularly so I want to hit it up. But just want to make sure that it doesn't matter what time of day I go.

Thanks.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm looking for the definitive answer: Does time of day affect spawns at all? For example is a Weedle (or anything really) more likely to spawn during the daytime as opposed to nighttime?

I've got some free time on my hands over the long weekend and my wife is out of town so I'm looking to do some Dratini farming. I found a spot that seems to have them spawn regularly so I want to hit it up. But just want to make sure that it doesn't matter what time of day I go.

Thanks.

My empirical evidence says yes. I've seen Abra nests spawn pokemon all day, and then when 6pm or 9pm hits, they completely stop. I've seen Clefairy nests only perk up at night time and during the day, nothing. Zubats seem to spawn more at night as well. I've been hunting a Lickitung and I saw none spawn all day, and then 6 spawn within half an hour of each other at 10pm.

There are definitely patterns out there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande

Thanks.
I never collected enough data to look at night/day, but nobody has ever mentioned it as a factor with data other than the occasional anecdotal which is probably just luck. I would guess that they don't want to encourage dangerous night roaming by putting a rare spawn at night.

Geography is the main (possibly only) thing to affect spawns so any water node should do, I've seen data suggesting that Dratini shares Magikarp spawns.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Chysamere posted at 8:03: There are definitely patterns out there.

Chris posted at 8:03: but nobody has ever mentioned it as a factor

Thanks guys! That's the definitive answer I was looking for ;)

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I've also never seen a Ghastly during the day.

If you're looking for a definitive answer, it doesn't exist. This is the best you are going to get.

Do the work, watch the spawns yourself, and you'll get a feel for what spawns when. If you want Dratini, they are a rare spawn from any water spawn spot. Go to a place with a river or a lake and lots of pokemon activity and you will find them. I've never seen any evidence that time of day affects Dratini spawns.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hey I said with data!

Ghastly/Haunter are an uncommon city spawn I think, caught enough for a Gengar during the day. Anecdotally yeah I think I see more Ghastly/Zubat where I live at night.

Gather the data and prove it if you think you've seen a pattern. For example I looked at enough cities to see that Drowzee spawns in northern europe cities and Doduo in it's place in southern european cities, the difference was so dramatic and obvious I didn't even have to analyse any data. Nighttime stuff seems less clear.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Seriously thanks for the info. I'm just messing with you two since you posted, exactly, at the same time two completely contradictory answers.

Do the work, watch the spawns yourself, and you'll get a feel for what spawns when. If you want Dratini, they are a rare spawn from any water spawn spot. Go to a place with a river or a lake and lots of pokemon activity and you will find them. I've never seen any evidence that time of day affects Dratini spawns.

That's basically what I've been doing. With my wife out of town I can do some actual farming. Normally I play very casually and catch shit as I go. We like to go to parks and walk trails but if it's the two of us it's harder for me to poke around when I see something pop up on radar. I know it's going to take some time but I'd like to see what I can do with my 94% Dratini. Maybe him as a buddy will work out if candy isn't really hard to come by. Though I have a feeling it will be (1 candy per 10km!)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Hey I said with data!

Ghastly/Haunter are an uncommon city spawn I think, caught enough for a Gengar during the day. Anecdotally yeah I think I see more Ghastly/Zubat where I live at night.

Gather the data and prove it if you think you've seen a pattern. For example I looked at enough cities to see that Drowzee spawns in northern europe cities and Doduo in it's place in southern european cities, the difference was so dramatic and obvious I didn't even have to analyse any data. Nighttime stuff seems less clear.

I've read on Reddit that Ghastly spawn in the UK during the daytime. People speculated that's because it's not based on local time but one set time per continent, or even one set time for the entire world.

There's just not that much research into Day/Night spawns yet.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did they really confirm it's 10km per candy? That's fucking ridiculous, even 5km per candy would be pretty harsh.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Did they really confirm it's 10km per candy? That's fucking ridiculous, even 5km per candy would be pretty harsh.

No it's just a rumour. I'm betting its 1km/Candy with a limit of 10km/day.

Also I've seen 3 Lapras spawn today in Odaiba and each one is causing me physical pain. I am camping that shit tomorrow EQ style from 9am. I am not coming home without a Lapras.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I didn't even know that 10km / 1 candy was a rumor. I just figured that was something they would do and made up my post based on nothing put pulling the number out of my ass.