Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
The 40 Best Pokemon to Use in Pokemon Go

Great article on the top 40 Pokémon. My personal opinion, anything outside the top 20 is not a good fighter worthy of using at gyms. Hell I'd argue everything outside the top 11 isn't very good. Even within the top 11, Flareon and Blastoise haven't impressed me at all. They're fun! but they aren't good.

There is sooooo much potential for this game if they'd make half the pokemon worthy of fighting/defending with. Snorlax and Lapras are waaaay overpowered imo. Dragonite is sick too but he doesn't take forever to kill and he's much more obtainable. I have 3 Dragonites, evolved 2 of them. Snorlax took me months to catch 3 and I got lunch in the last 2 weeks to get the 3 I have. Lapras is a bitch to fight at the gyms.

The best common good fighter imo is Exeggutor. Tons of eggs everywhere, lots of hp on Exeggutor and if you get solar beam that ability can knock half life or more off a lot of good pokemon.

All that said, I'm still working on maxing out about every pokemon on the top 40 list just to do it. I try to save good IVs of each and then one day when I have enough stardust I'll power them all up. Sometimes I don't revive/heal my pokemon after fighting gyms so I can use my crappier pokemon just to see what they can do even if they suck. Gets boring healing my dragonite, exxegutor, vaporeon, arcanine and Gyarados over and over to see their same moves again and again.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
That list is shit. Eggs and Vape are clearly the best easy to get pokemons. Also as a side note I really don't care about how good anything is at defending since I mostly just want the gym long enough to cash in once I'm done with my circuit. The way the system works any mid 20s person can basically take any gym if they have some consumables. Having good attackers makes things much more effecient though.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The 40 Best Pokemon to Use in Pokemon Go

Great article on the top 40 Pokémon. My personal opinion, anything outside the top 20 is not a good fighter worthy of using at gyms. Hell I'd argue everything outside the top 11 isn't very good. Even within the top 11, Flareon and Blastoise haven't impressed me at all. They're fun! but they aren't good.

There is sooooo much potential for this game if they'd make half the pokemon worthy of fighting/defending with. Snorlax and Lapras are waaaay overpowered imo. Dragonite is sick too but he doesn't take forever to kill and he's much more obtainable. I have 3 Dragonites, evolved 2 of them. Snorlax took me months to catch 3 and I got lunch in the last 2 weeks to get the 3 I have. Lapras is a bitch to fight at the gyms.

The best common good fighter imo is Exeggutor. Tons of eggs everywhere, lots of hp on Exeggutor and if you get solar beam that ability can knock half life or more off a lot of good pokemon.

I totally agree. My top six are two Dragonites, 2 Exeggutors, a Snorlax and a Lapras. Using anything else is silly. Except Vapes of course.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just saw this magnificient bastard on the lashmi map pop down two blocks away with 3:30 left on the timer. grabbed phone, hopped on bike, shook wife agro and ran out and caught him

92% IVs

Frost Breath, Icy Wind. Good defender? worth powering up?
Gavinmad Gavinmad did some testing with it and his conclusion was "No and no." It just doesn't have enough HP to be able to compete.

Eh, I mean it can handle an even level dragonite if you're dodging (which I wasn't at the time) but the main problem is that icy wind is terrible.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Flareons are great to level up gyms, attack w/ a Vap that has just over half the CP, get 600+ per attack.

i'd agree that dragonites, snorlaxes, lapras (if i had one) are the holy trinity. add in eggecutes, vaps and pncers and you can rock/paper/s

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5kxBBMJ.png

Pokedex IV bugged fixed today. Caught this one that appraises as caught attention, best stat ATK

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That list is already one massive disappointment because it does not list the good attacks. Aerodactyl is fucking shite with Iron Head

"Most effective against: Flying, Bug, Fire, Grass and Ice Pokemon"

That's a little broad eh? as if one Aerodactyl had all attacks available.

I also like how there are pokemon strong against "dark pokemon" ;)

I'll stop now, that's enough.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That list is already one massive disappointment because it does not list the good attacks. Aerodactyl is fucking shite with Iron Head

"Most effective against: Flying, Bug, Fire, Grass and Ice Pokemon"

That's a little broad eh? as if one Aerodactyl had all attacks available.

I also like how there are pokemon strong against "dark pokemon" ;)

I'll stop now, that's enough.

Well dark types will be coming in gen 2, but they're all trash except Tyranitar, who is Gen 2's pseudo like Dragonite, but Tyranitar's typing is so god awful that it probably won't even be top tier despite having ridiculous stats. Also Umbreon, but his stats are heavily slanted towards defense.

The other problem with dark type is that it was implemented so that the incredibly overpowered psychic type would have a hard counter. The vast majority of psychic types will be complete shit because they have stats that don't translate well to Go, and the few psychic types that will actually be top tier will not be at too severe of a disadvantage because instead of full immunity, dark types will only have a single level of damage reduction.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think there was a ban bet involved, but Ossoi was the one relentlessly running his retarded mouth about how it was possible to hatch other region specifics.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Are there any map type things for Android? My 5yo has about 100 Pokemon now and I need something more consistent to start finding new ones for him.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
All I said was that a poll of 40k people was not conclusive.

I was wrong.

But my all means feel free to keep using your 3rd party map sites and thinking you're clean.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given the scanner now shows mons fifteen blocks away, those third party apps are pretty much the only way at this point to actually "hunt" pokemon. I sometimes see shit on the scanner that is so far away I probably couldn't reach it in time by walking.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
All I said was that a poll of 40k people was not conclusive.

I was wrong.

But my all means feel free to keep using your 3rd party map sites and thinking you're clean.

Considering Niantic unbanned players who were banned for using IN GAME map trackers, they are obviously quite fine with people using external tracking websites.

They were not fine with people scraping their servers so hard it caused server stress. The CEO's comments since then seem to indicate that he considers that tracking enhances the game rather than is a detriment.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
"Get out this thread you cheater"

A few weeks later you're tagging me and trying to perpetuate an argument.

Ok

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I didn't tag you for a reason, don't know why Chys felt such an intense need to gloat.

Get the fuck out of the thread cheater.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user