Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you catch a pokemon or use a pokestop, then average a travel speed faster than 30mph to your next game interaction, you get softbanned.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Is that why almost every time I open up the app and try to catch the first pokemon it flees on me? I have wondered what was going on with that. I drive places or ride the train somewhere and the first one flees all the time. Usually it's a pidgey so I shrug it off but it's still annoying...

Yep that's a very very sort softban while the GPS tries to figure out where it is and get a solid lock. If you can't spin pokestops, every pokemon is gonna run on the first wiggle.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally there's a new perma-scan map for my area! Already found a Dratini in a place I would have never scanned on fastpokemap

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
They did some good and bad things with the recent spawn changes. From what I can tell, they destroyed the charmander nest at Flushing Meadows Park. It was a bit ridiculous. I mean you could evolve charmander to Charizard in a few hours but it's pretty remote to get to and not in the best area of the city...

I'm seeing a LOT more rares spawning all over, generally with low CP but they're fun to catch and they help people with their pokedex. I did catch a near maxed out Slowbro tonight so that was cool.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A slowbro with confusion and psychic/ice beam is actually a remarkably good gym defender. It kinda stalemates exeggutor and is lightly favored against the other 3 grass pokemon because they're weak to both psychic and ice. With lightning pokemon being so terrible there is no effective counter to slowbro.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
why do people keep saying lightning is terrible? my 1600 cp Jolteon walks over any water defender.

They did some good and bad things with the recent spawn changes. From what I can tell, they destroyed the charmander nest at Flushing Meadows Park. It was a bit ridiculous. I mean you could evolve charmander to Charizard in a few hours but it's pretty remote to get to and not in the best area of the city...

Same here, they nuked our Charmander nest and put Horsea in it. The fuck. It was already a huge area where you'd be seriously exhausted from running after charmander after charmander, and the area had almost no pokestops, so you'd run out of supplies if you hunted them too long. That sounds like balance to me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
why do people keep saying lightning is terrible? my 1600 cp Jolteon walks over any water defender.

Gen 1 electric types are terrible and Vaporeon is actually lightly favored against Jolteon. You're running into weak Vaporeons if you're winning with a Jolteon. A 1600 cp Jolteon is the same level as a ~2100 cp Vaporeon.

In fact, with a few exceptions here and there, all electric pokemon are terrible in Go. They have a tendency towards high speed and low hps, which gets horribly punished in the conversion formula.

*edit*

That 2471 Snorlax I caught back on the 10th finally got taken down yesterday after exactly 3 weeks on top of the gym. I won't be tossing him back in there because I'm not a dick but that was pretty lulzy.

Sterling

El Presidente
We have a level 10 gym at the college here that the lowest pokemon is a 2100 vapereon, what I want to know is who the fuck would train that thing from 9 to 10 under the current system.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As long as the bottom three aren't all top tier defenders, a single 3k dragonite can potentially roll 3 with dodges and definitely roll 2. That's 3-500 per train, which is still pretty slow for that last level but probably better than you were thinking

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gen 1 electric types are terrible and Vaporeon is actually lightly favored against Jolteon. You're running into weak Vaporeons if you're winning with a Jolteon. A 1600 cp Jolteon is the same level as a ~2100 cp Vaporeon.

I haven't seen any Vaporeons above 2300 so far, and my Jolteon defeats those.

We have a level 10 gym at the college here that the lowest pokemon is a 2100 vapereon, what I want to know is who the fuck would train that thing from 9 to 10 under the current system.
1700 Victreebell with Solar Beam and Razor Leaf should walk over that Vaporeon, and that's not too high level.

I hate it far more when the bottom defender is S-type of very low CP. Check your pokemon to see if there is anything with less CP that can defeat a Lapras 850cp. I didn't have anything that came even close to winning.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
That 2471 Snorlax I caught back on the 10th finally got taken down yesterday after exactly 3 weeks on top of the gym. I won't be tossing him back in there because I'm not a dick but that was pretty lulzy.

I'm pretty jealous, the downside of living in a big city is that when I throw my 2700 Snorlax in a Gym, it's out within 15 minutes. I've never gotten more than 3 gyms for my bonus because the gym usually gets taken over within 5-10 minutes.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lost all interest in this now I'm back at work...

They have fucked up in a big way with the slow speed on content updates, especially when you consider they are the top grossing app for a while now. Meanwhile on Final Fantasy Record Keeper I've just been playing new content updates every day (usually 1-2 updates a week).

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm pretty jealous, the downside of living in a big city is that when I throw my 2700 Snorlax in a Gym, it's out within 15 minutes. I've never gotten more than 3 gyms for my bonus because the gym usually gets taken over within 5-10 minutes.
*snort*

CiJWx6x.png

highest defender here is my 2092 RAPRASU

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Up in Vermont I held 8 gyms long enough to claim the reward. I've gotten maybe 6 here in Brooklyn but the only way I can do that is if I drive around taking over about 10 to 12 gyms and when I get back to base I jack the 2 here also then grab the rewards.

I 100% agree Niantic is straight fucking up without more updates. Bunch of hardcore players at CP were saying if they don't push content soon the game's dead. I could make up 4000 pokemon types in a week if I wanted to... They already have next gens laid out all they gotta do is put them in the game and try not to make them suck as bad as 9/10ths of what's in the game right now.

All I'm doing at this point is farming stardust to level up the top 40 pokemon... I'm down to Blastoise which is like #7. They seriously need to increase stardust somehow. Even if I sit at CP all day I can only earn 40 or 50k stardust and that is so gd mindnumbingly boring.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
They should change it to 10 coins for every Gym you've had a pokemon in that day. That would encourage people to walk more and visit more gyms. Maybe even rotate it so you can't do the same gym two days in a row to encourage people to go to new areas.