Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should change it to 10 coins for every Gym you've had a pokemon in that day. That would encourage people to walk more and visit more gyms. Maybe even rotate it so you can't do the same gym two days in a row to encourage people to go to new areas.
How many gyms can you see from your house?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

5, but most of them are on the extreme edge of the map. I have three within 10 minutes walk of my house. Takes me about 30 minutes to do my rotation of 4 gyms and I never hold more than two of them in that time.

There's literally hundreds of gyms here though, If I just had to put a pokemon in one each day, not hold them, I'd walk a hell of a lot more.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Lost all interest in this now I'm back at work...

They have fucked up in a big way with the slow speed on content updates, especially when you consider they are the top grossing app for a while now.
Content updates aren't much of a problem.

The biggest problem is still the non-functional in-app scanning. I don't understand why they have not deployed that update that adds the nearest pokestop to 'mon on your radar. It's like they want people to use 3rd-party mappers...

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Content updates aren't much of a problem.

The biggest problem is still the non-functional in-app scanning. I don't understand why they have not deployed that update that adds the nearest pokestop to 'mon on your radar. It's like they want people to use 3rd-party mappers...

Probably because that really only solves it for inner cities, raising the disadvantage of not playing in these areas even more

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I want to play this, but so long as the gameplay doesn't shift towards something more traditionally RPG like the gameboy games I just can't manage an enduring interest.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I now have Two Lapras, 0 Dragonite, 0 Snorlax. Spawned right outside my house. 1400 CP, only 50%+ IVs, Frost Breath and Ice Beam.

aw fuck it literally is just 51% (3 13 7)

Last edited:

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm

What can I see from my house? 4. How long does it take me to hit 4 (3 different ones than the ones I can see from my place) while walking my dog? about 10 minutes there and 10 minutes back.

How many gyms are in my town? Doesn't make sense to talk about "town" since I live out on a panhandle that is legally part of the town, but in name only... I'm within a 5 minute drive of about 50 or so gyms. When I get all 10 gyms for the defend bonus, it takes about 25 minutes of drive time, plus however much time spent fighting gyms - though I try to hit out-of-the-way gyms that don't have a ton of people walkint around, so that way I can actually hold them long enough to pick them all up without losing my first ones.

God bless college towns and Ingress nerds.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can see 7. Hitting 7 takes 20 minutes on bike, plus interaction time.

in unrelated news... I fucking knew it. I knew there was a reason we stopped playing outside once our age was no longer single digits.

I bike ten fucking km to a nest and then this happens.

And that playground wasn't even a pokestop! argh! It was a level 7 gym with three strong defenders, but I tore it down just because there was nothing else to do.

Then some 12 year old came along and kicked my defender back out as I was standing there. I stared him down as I removed his Lapras from the gym without even looking on my screen. He ran lol

Cathan

There's 2 gyms here on the military base I live on. I can't remotely count the number of gyms in Brooklyn. I couldn't get to all of them in a day even if all I did was drive by all of them. It's highly populated here so most I can even hold is 6 or 8. If I hit gyms at like 2 or 3 am I could probably get 15 or 25 or maybe more but I'm not that hardcore...

The other day I took over 1 gym on base and drove to the next one. I wondered why the MP was sitting in his car at the church where the gym was but I rolled up, gym was just now open and I dropped my guy in it. MP steps out of his car, waves his flashlight at me like get the fuck out of here and I drove away collecting my reward lol. I know he was playing pokemon.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was just about to go on lunch and a guy from forensics who plays busts on into the room looking for the lit analyst lead who also plays. He wasn't there, but he grabbed me out of my chair just about and we hoofed it a block down the street for a Snorlax. Finally got one, boys! Not the best, but I'll take it.

IMG_2108.PNG

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Never seen a snorlax but aw my first dratini on seen list but didn't get it. Times is hard

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It sounds like Niantic is fucking with scanners again in their never ending quest to make the game unplayable. As it is there has been a massive drop in the number of people in my area playing. I just don't see this game surviving a Cleveland winter if they don't make some changes that actually make the game fun again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't see the game surviving winter period. It's already October and they still haven't even released the goddamn footsteps replacement, no way the game is going to survive 2-4 months of a big chunk of the northern hemisphere being unable to play. Unless they have something huge ready to roll out the instant spring starts, the game will be dead. And by huge, I basically mean if Gen 2 isn't ready to go by spring, the game is done for.

Cathan

I agree. My scanner seems to be down, Pokewhere. Odd thing is pokewhere became fucking amazing the other day. It was scanning HUGE areas super, super fucking fast. I was gd amazed because it was sooooo much better than ANY scanner I've seen to date. I could scan from Brooklyn to the Bronx before I even got close to losing spawns to the timer. That's 20 miles or more away and see every spawn.

I don't know wtf they are even REMOTELY bothering with the scanners. They need new content like fucking YESTERDAY. Fucking Gyms sucks balls too. I could walk to 2 daily, multiple times per day but I just don't give a shit. I stick my guys in, few hours later they're replaced and there's no challenge or strategy or anything to it.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I really don't get the hate for the scanners. It's not like having them is replacing some functionality that's available in the game that gave them money. All fighting the scanners is doing is pushing people away from the game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Especially since I doubt they will ever come up with a way to shut scanners down for good. They're wasting time with scanners instead of coming up with new shit for the game.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What is the deal with secondary attacks? Moonblast on my piece of shit vileplume says 85 but it seems like it does about 4.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
well it's missing the 25% stab bonus because vileplume isn't fairy type, but it should still be hitting plenty hard unless you're attacking into something strong against fairy. Or if you're attacking into something with a tremendous amount of hps.