Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The issue with Chansey is that it has no defense, so attacks just deal full damage, right? Otherwise we'd already see Chanseys defending gyms fairly well.

Normal type, so you can throw just about anything at it.

Highest DPS normal moves with stab, I'm thinking of Pound on a Wigglytuff, Psycho Cut on an Alakazam and that should just burn through that

1000 hp in 100 seconds, you need a mere 10 dps for that. They both have far more than that with those moves and stab.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mmm I think it depends. Chansey already has 350+ hp. How much is Blissey going to have? 500+? More? It might end up as a pretty good gym staller. Unless you have the right pokemon to take it out, it might be literally impossible to kill it in the time alloted.

Would that be something designers would do?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Would that be something designers would do?

It already happened earlier in the game life, a high level Snorlax just had too much hp and would time you out if you didn't have a good attacker.

When Gen 2 comes out I'm sure we're gonna have some balance issues again. Literally impossible to take out? Probably not. Impossible without a 2500/3000+ attacker? Quite possible.

The issue with Chansey is that it has no defense

Right, I really have no idea about Blisseys defence, but it's gonna be higher since it's a stage 2. Could end up being garbage but it's a bit early to judge it I think.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've already looked at the stats. Too much of the stat budget is absorbed by that ridiculous HP total.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every time I use incense, I get fucking angry. Just rattata pidgey and that shit. Even though I walk next to a river, through a park where plenty of water pokemon spawn regularly

Theory: since the perfect way to use incense is to go where no pokemon exist at all for 1km, lures and incense randomly pull a spawn from anywhere within 1km.

And since a river is 2km long, it's not that wide, and the parks here aren't anywhere close to 2km², most of the spawns you pull with incense from are non biome shit spawns, ie rattata pidgey weedle.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Every time I use incense, I get fucking angry. Just rattata pidgey and that shit. Even though I walk next to a river, through a park where plenty of water pokemon spawn regularly

Theory: since the perfect way to use incense is to go where no pokemon exist at all for 1km, lures and incense randomly pull a spawn from anywhere within 1km.

And since a river is 2km long, it's not that wide, and the parks here aren't anywhere close to 2km², most of the spawns you pull with incense from are non biome shit spawns, ie rattata pidgey weedle.
I posted this last month but ferries are the best if their wifi stays strong.

I went between Tallinn and Helsinki. My phone (Galaxy S5) either couldn't get GPS or the wifi was too weak, my girfriend's phone (iPhone something) picked up GPS and got pokemon for half the journey until the wifi gave up. I don't know if this is a sea thing or a shitty ferry thing or a busy ferry thing.

Once away from the coast (seemed like it was more than 1km), she got all kinds of random uncommon pokemon as others have described. Sometimes on the sea a pidgey or something would show on the scanner and she got rubbish for a minute, which makes me think that ferry wifi generated a few data points in the sea. The ferry went at the maximum speed for lures so it was the full one a minute.

So take a trip across the Baltic Sea! Problem is that for the destination, most European cities seem to be as shit as each other. A couple are randomly in the countryside biome instead of the city/water biome, only ones I've found are Birmingham and Vilnius but these are better because you start getting lots of nidorans, grass types, evees and fairy types.

I've heard stories about national parks in the US so mountainous terrain may work too, however the UK is covered in stuff from top to bottom so I'm not sure where I could go for a blackspot.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd not even be that annoyed if it were 30 pidgeys from one incense. But the speed you need to achieve a pokemon every minute is just unreal by foot.

BTW, Chansey is doing really well earning prestige in training against low CP defenders. Just requires big potions, which I can live with. Took down a 430 cp pidgeot with Hurricane that I didn't dodge and still had half hp left after it went down

Normally I don't even bother training gyms like that because I hate looking for ideal matchups in that CP range. This one pokemon now takes care of them all

Last edited:

fris

Vyemm Raider
i've had great success w/ incense and walking around town lake, at least 1 dratini each time. but that stretch typically is just full of magicarps, ducks and slowpokes. when i used one walking around london, got nothing but rats and piggies.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
how big is that lake and what's the ground colour around it?

Does dark green actually mean anything?

fris

Vyemm Raider
can't remember the color, been over a month since i last went. there's a few smaller spots w/ 3-10 possible spawns that i've just been checking on map scanners then driving there (2 - 5 mins away) if a dratini is up. now w/ scanners down, i might hit up the lake again, really want a 2nd dratini and a few extra candies to level them up.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fick Ja

Screenshot_2016-10-09-21-51-44.png

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm rather attached to my Gyarados with its discontinued Dragon Rage attack, even if it doesn't have Hydro Pump.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'm working on evolving my Magicarp, to. He's my buddy. Just hit 110 candies and I have a fairly good sized magicarp ready to go.

I went to campus with my kids today and gained 14,000 experience points, almost to level 17. Mock me not.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
There have been zero Pokemon in my neighbourhood tonight. I think they're all watching the debate because they're undocumented and are worried about being deported.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Phone froze when a 10k egg hatched, lost the egg and the incubator charge.

The other 10k did hatch and gave me a 545 pincir