Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Another work day servers down during commute, lunch and will probably be down during evening commute.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Only half? It feels like half the damn people in Chicago are playing it, students or not. A girl walked in to me while I was on my bike today at a full stop, just staring at her phone like a moron. She was a fucking hamplanet too, so made it all the worse.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Goddammit I just realized I missed an opportunity to ask Tuco if that giant fat Brock picture is his PoGo avatar.

Fail.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So anyone else have Pokemon Go with FULL access to their google account?

I never agreed to let it have full access, but fuck if it had it after I signed in via Google Oauth.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
fbj2kjvoll8x.gif

Lenas

Trump's Staff
But yeah the game is cute but shallow (as are 99% of mobile titles) andthe same can ultimately be said about pokemon in general.
I feel like this is a comment from someone that never played pokemon beyond gen 1 or 2. The min/max game is confusing as fuck.

Pokemon stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, everything!

So anyone else have Pokemon Go with FULL access to their google account?

I never agreed to let it have full access, but fuck if it had it after I signed in via Google Oauth.
Blame iOS. Permission shit doesn't happen for people using Android.

Is CP the end all be all? I got 2 Chansey at really low CP but it's relatively expensive in stardust to upgrade one at which it only raises it by 10 cp. The HP are high though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
CP is really all that matters yea. A level 900 Hypno, which is suuuuuuper common in Chicago, will shit all over literally anything that isn't at least level 700, even if you have your type stacked properly for strong/weak.

Don't ever level up pokemon that aren't evolved yet, complete waste of stardust. Only except are the pokemon that don't have any evolution like electabuzz or hitmonchan etc, they can ge pretty beefy without an evolution.

Level is >>>>>>> anything else. Focus entirely on leveling up, as it unlocks better items for collection at stops (hyper potionx, max potions at 20, great balls and ultra balls, etc) and also makes the CP of wild pokemon go up. I regularly catch stuff in the 400+ range right now, and evolving something from ~400 usually lands in the 800 range, so very little leveling is needed after that usually.

Best strat I've come up with for leveling is just spam catching whatever is common by you, pidgy/rattata/weedle/whatever, and just stockpile all of them, DON'T send them to the professor. Evolving a pokemon is 500xp, and pidgey/rattata/weedle only take 12 candies to do so, so once you've saved up a ton of them eat a lucky egg (you get a few for free as you level) then just spam evolve them all for 1000xp per.

If you're going to spend money buy egg incubators, they are cheap. Hatching a pokemon is 500xp, plus a bonus 1000 if its a new one, so having 5+ eggs cooking at once is a lot of fast xp.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Is CP the end all be all? I got 2 Chansey at really low CP but it's relatively expensive in stardust to upgrade one at which it only raises it by 10 cp. The HP are high though.
Chansey has a shit load of HP compared to CP in my testing experience. Seems like a tank.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
GPS in my phone is just complete shit. I can stand directly on a gym and be told I'm too far away. Guess this game is not for my cheap ass.

Plus side is I found a park I had no idea existed not far from my house.

Fadaar

That guy
Why couldn't this shit have come out back when I was at UCF? I imagine that place is an absolute madhouse. 60k+ students on a very dense campus.

spronk

FPS noob
pokemon go is now reaching top of the twitch streams, with people like summit1g and reckful just streaming themselves walking around the real world catching pokemons and talking to other people about pokemon. I dunno what hardware they are using (gopro?) but the stream quality for reckful is fantastic, although it drops out occasionally. I also learned today that streaming driving in a car will get you banned on twitch, some dude was streaming in his car on a way to a gym and suddenly his channel went offline and twitch admins said his account was banned (LOL)
Twitch

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Just realized you can't throw eggs away. All my slots are filled with garbage 2km eggs. Gonna have to walk like 20 miles just so I can get some good 10km eggs.

Chansey has a shit load of HP compared to CP in my testing experience. Seems like a tank.
It's why i'm wondering if there are anything more than CP > all. The Chansey is 2k stardust for 10CP, so it's obviously not low just because it's a low level. The HP is stupid high though.

I haven't really paid attention to the combat system indepth, beyond just spamming attacks.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Best strat I've come up with for leveling is just spam catching whatever is common by you, pidgy/rattata/weedle/whatever, and just stockpile all of them, DON'T send them to the professor. Evolving a pokemon is 500xp, and pidgey/rattata/weedle only take 12 candies to do so, so once you've saved up a ton of them eat a lucky egg (you get a few for free as you level) then just spam evolve them all for 1000xp per.
Thanks. That was an excellent tip.

Question for anyone: what type of bonuses do you get for holding and being the gym leader for an extended period of time? I've gotten some minor cash shop points but nothing of huge value. Just wondering if there's anything I'm missing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
pokemon go is now reaching top of the twitch streams, with people like summit1g and reckful just streaming themselves walking around the real world catching pokemons and talking to other people about pokemon. I dunno what hardware they are using (gopro?) but the stream quality for reckful is fantastic, although it drops out occasionally. I also learned today that streaming driving in a car will get you banned on twitch, some dude was streaming in his car on a way to a gym and suddenly his channel went offline and twitch admins said his account was banned (LOL)
Twitch
Driving and streaming is against the TOS. I went to the State Park today and the place is a goldmine for Pokestop's.