Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah it actually makes more sense to tank matches right now for lower initial rating. Stupid.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don’t remember who Ippo13 is, but we’re going besties in two days if you want to coordinate an egg.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Latest legendary Thundurus is available through battle league right now, just got one.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I don't enjoy ultra as much as great although I was getting sick of Scarmory Lapras teams. Ultra fights take too long.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
/rant

fucking god damn this game. I enjoy it for the 5min a day I have pokeballs, I hate it the rest of the time while im doing nothing but spinning pokestops and deleting 100+ potions and berries just so i have room to hold 10~ pokeballs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
/rant

fucking god damn this game. I enjoy it for the 5min a day I have pokeballs, I hate it the rest of the time while im doing nothing but spinning pokestops and deleting 100+ potions and berries just so i have room to hold 10~ pokeballs.
I'm at 1300 bag space, but living across the street from a gym has given me a pretty good source of gold...

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/rant

Inventory management never stops. I’m at 2600 and still have to delete random nonsense before I can open gifts.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Kid had me load up Pogo again and we tooled around looking for 'mon. Most of the new stuff was pretty foreign to me, I largely stopped playing around the time raids were released. Few Q's:

1. How closely does the game resemble
these days?

2. Is there any talk about a game reset or a new "server" that starts out with the original pokemon and everyone is level 1 again?

3. Do they have any true differentiation between zones such that if you wanted to catch a specific pokemon you'd have to find a place where they spawn, travel to it and hunt it down?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Kid had me load up Pogo again and we tooled around looking for 'mon. Most of the new stuff was pretty foreign to me, I largely stopped playing around the time raids were released. Few Q's:

1. How closely does the game resemble
these days?
This is mainly advertising fluff, none of the live action shit... but:
There are raids (with remote raiding and friend invites)
There is PVP (and PVE) pokemon battles
There is trading.
There is Gym takeovers.
The notification of where Pokemon are is still tied to geographic identifiers (gyms and stops), not "head this way".
2. Is there any talk about a game reset or a new "server" that starts out with the original pokemon and everyone is level 1 again?
I've never heard anything about it, though you can get pretty powerful quickly enough. There isn't really and end-game for PVE/PVP... Giovanni but it resets like every 9 weeks.
3. Do they have any true differentiation between zones such that if you wanted to catch a specific pokemon you'd have to find a place where they spawn, travel to it and hunt it down?
There are nests to go find groupings of specific pokemon spawns, and some unofficial online resources to find them, there are events to move them around, the nests rotate/move. Lots of the rare pokemon are raid/quest specific.

Hope that helps!

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Why the fuck do Rocket leader/Giovanni caught Pokemon not have some kind of minimum fucking IV? Goddamn, I blew through so many revives, pots, and stardust banging my head against Giovanni because I suck at the "PvP" style fights in this and I didn't have good counters, only to end up with a fucking flaming dumpster of a Suicune at 6-10-12 and level fucking 8 for my efforts. What the fuck? I've never gotten anything of worth from Rocket fights before, but I'd figured at least the fucking boss would give something decent. The fuck is the point of this shit?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Suicune is trash regardless of IV.

The fuck is the point of this shit?
Shadow pokemon are the highest DPS in the game if you TM away their frustration attack during Rocket takeover events. It's a huge investment but for the min-max crowd it's a thing.

I mainly look for PVP relevance from shadow mons. The low stat rolls are often a benefit in PVP matches.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Suicune is trash regardless of IV.

Shadow pokemon are the highest DPS in the game if you TM away their frustration attack during Rocket takeover events. It's a huge investment but for the min-max crowd it's a thing.

I mainly look for PVP relevance from shadow mons. The low stat rolls are often a benefit in PVP matches.
I didn't know this. I haven't done a single Giovanni yet, waiting on a really good shadow legendary month

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah they've only had a couple of rocket events that allowed you to TM away Frustration, but if you get a good mon I'd hold on to it. Right now the best one is probably shadow Metagross if you have an Elite TM to teach Meteor Mash.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hadn’t heard of this stuff either, though I’m not in the PvP scene at all. What about the lower stats makes them better for it? Being able to go into a lower CP bracket?

Also are there any benefits to purifying then?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hadn’t heard of this stuff either, though I’m not in the PvP scene at all. What about the lower stats makes them better for it? Being able to go into a lower CP bracket?

Exactly. Most optimal stats for great/ultra league PVP are something like 0 atk and 15 def/sta. This allows you level up a mon as much as possible while staying under the CP caps. It's effectively the opposite of the raid meta where DPS is king, in PVP it's all about resistances and survival. I've been slowly powering up this guy who's poised to be a Great League destroyer of worlds:

1595009548715.png

Also are there any benefits to purifying then?

When something is purified, it's automatically leveled up to 25, and all of the IV's get +2 from what it had as a shadow. So if you had a 13/13/13 shadow, it would be perfect 100% once purified. After purification, powering up has a slight candy discount.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't think I've ever caught a shadow that was above 50 percent.
I've had quite a few that were 12s+
Got my second perfect blastoise from purifying it.

I did get Jesse and James today, which was a fun throwback. Back to back battles and immediately giving you a full radar was also cool. Was happy to finally have a non-giovanni balloon.