Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
The pokestop idea is kind of annoying if you don't live in/work in a biggish city. I was basically gasping for poke balls, not really catching anything unless it was a new type because I was so low on balls for like 3 days. Today I had to go into downtown for a meeting and had 150+ in less than 30 minutes.

Game is kind of shallow right now, needs trading and non gym battles for it to be any good. The battles themselves are also shallow compared to the regular pokemon games. Still...kind of entertaining to move around and catch stuff, definitely seems to have encouraged people to go outdoors. Whoever came up with that meme that pokemon had done more to battle childhood obesity in 24 hours than Michelle Obama had in 8 years was right, who knows what kind of longevity it will have with the relative lack of content currently available though.
If player numbers go down, all they have to do is add another generation. We only have the first 150 so far.

It's genius.

I agree that they need to add battles and stuff, though. Only being able to battle gyms is dumb.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
And you get 10 coins for winning? 10 cents? Seems like the only real thing to do in this game is find a crowded pokestop area with lures down and just sit there. No point trying to train your starter or anything rare as you'll likely not see them enough to get enough candy for an evolve.

Seems like there is a ton of potential as everyone you see is playing the damn game, but there really isn't anything to do when it comes down to it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And you get 10 coins for winning? 10 cents? Seems like the only real thing to do in this game is find a crowded pokestop area with lures down and just sit there. No point trying to train your starter or anything rare as you'll likely not see them enough to get enough candy for an evolve.

Seems like there is a ton of potential as everyone you see is playing the damn game, but there really isn't anything to do when it comes down to it.
I'm going to try that soon and I'll be disappointed if it works as well as me jogging around.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if legit, but interesting and worth trying. Can you access ingress enough to see these XM Pools?

Use ingresss map to locate that hard to find Pokemon - Album on Imgur

edit: I'd the pokemon spawns loosely correlate with what I see in my ingress map. Can I see the XM Pools here?:
Ingress Intel Map

but I guess it doesn't matter. Upon entering a new area the ingress app can help you make an effective route but it probably is best to always try to route around a dense set of pokestops every 5 minutes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Well someone removed the "actually going outside" component it seems.
yeah this is inevitable and was done as soon as the game came out. Here's to hoping they aggressively ban cheaters. This game would be extremely easy to bot, and someone running a bot would become godly.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not sure if legit, but interesting and worth trying. Can you access ingress enough to see these XM Pools?

Use ingresss map to locate that hard to find Pokemon - Album on Imgur

edit: I'd the pokemon spawns loosely correlate with what I see in my ingress map. I wish I could see them:
Ingress Intel Map

but I guess it doesn't matter. Upon entering a new area the ingress app can help you make an effective route but it probably is best to always try to route around a dense set of pokestops every 5 minutes.
There is an app that has the Intel map.Ingress Intel Total Conversion

There is also the official map,Ingress Intel Mapavailable.

Edit: You ninja edited as I replied.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The pokestop idea is kind of annoying if you don't live in/work in a biggish city. I was basically gasping for poke balls, not really catching anything unless it was a new type because I was so low on balls for like 3 days. Today I had to go into downtown for a meeting and had 150+ in less than 30 minutes.
This is especially true at higher levels where you need great / master balls to catch stuff. If you're not around a dense pokestop area you'll run out of balls very quickly.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Hrmm maybe they don't show the XM pools, maybe they used to or I made it up in my head.

They only banned the spoofers that were dumb and were hopping all over the place. If you spoof yourself to one place that is near your normal territory but farmable you won't get banned. So find a zoo nearby or similar place with a lot of stops and put your location as that before you start the app.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There is an app that has the Intel map.Ingress Intel Total Conversion

There is also the official map,Ingress Intel Mapavailable.

Edit: You ninja edited as I replied.
I couldn't figure out how to see xm pools in the intel map and can't figure out how to run the desktop version of iitc. It doesn't really matter, I wouldn't ever use the xm pools to determine which city or part of the city to go to. Unless I could use it to find some bugged area that had super dense XM Pools but no poke stops/gyms?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hrmm maybe they don't show the XM pools, maybe they used to or I made it up in my head.

They only banned the spoofers that were dumb and were hopping all over the place. If you spoof yourself to one place that is near your normal territory but farmable you won't get banned. So find a zoo nearby or similar place with a lot of stops and put your location as that before you start the app.
Yeah I imagine that if they only ban from behavior it'd be easy to spoof your GPS location.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I think my turn off with this game, especially as someone who min/maxes a lot, is that geography determines your gaming experience. Someone who just happens to live or work next to a Pokestop has a massively different (and I'd say more fun) gaming experience than someone who has to travel a mile+ to one or the nearest gym. I foresee myself running out of balls soon, and that means either spending money, or hours of my time sitting around some Pokestops on the weekend.

It's one of those things where no matter how much I were to play, I'd never get remotely close to some of the city dwellers. Now, granted, I'm technically "playing" against my local community who has the same constraints (although, the side of town I live on is devoid of anything, whereas 1-2 miles inward is much better), so it's not as bad, I still get regular reminders about how I'll never compare to everyone else due to the pervasiveness of the internet.