Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Fuck buying incubators, $1.50 for 3 uses? Lures make a lot of sense if there are more than one of you playing especially. Really though, go to any crowded park or downtown location and you'll probably find 2-5 stops near each other with lures set off all day.

At that point your only problem will be deleting items because your bags are full of useless shit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Interesting. I wonder if this "cleans" your system like restarting the app does.

I had near-flawless performance today. Went to a park that was chock full of pokestops. One area had 6 nearby, 4 of which could be reached at one time. Was about 50 people all sitting there catching pokemon. I hope they nerf that gameplay. It's fun for a few hours because you're earning so much, but it's a boring grinding mechanic that devalues the hard-earned gameplay of hunting down pokemon in the wild. Problem is, lures are the game's cash cow, and nerfing lure-camping would plummet profits.

BTW: 47 million people is amazing. That beats WoW's peak by like 10x or something.
I would say the broken Nearby Pokemon thing needs to be addressed asap. You can't hunt anything as it is. Your choices are farming a lure, or wandering aimlessly.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Eggs are king, I get incubators all day.... Plus you just use other people's lures anyways.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Eggs are king, I get incubators all day.... Plus you just use other people's lures anyways.
Just hit level 22 and I still haven't gotten a single 10km egg.
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I heard that eggs give better pokemon or something than wild ones. I also hear that eggs stop getting better at level 20, but wild pokemon keep getting better until 30. Not sure how true any of that is.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've found that if you're constantly getting the spinning icon you can click a nearby gym to resync your client. It'll take a second to load, then back out and it should start counting your progress again. I started doing this during my walks, and it has significantly reduced the number of issues I was having with tracking.
The problem is you have to be looking at your phone to realize it's doing that. I can go up to a block without stopping to look at the phone. I'm also out of range of clicking on a gym most of the time. Only 2 in my town and they're pretty close together.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pokemon Go Developmentwill probably have a pretty good maphack within a week. I hope they close the loophole they're using before it becomes too widespread. Will make it trivial to find rare pokemon when you can just automatically search an entire neighborhood using a publicly accessible website.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In what is mostly a single player game, I'm not sure why you'd want to maphack.

Geo spoofing is one thing, since you're still "kind of" playing the game with RNG.

Map hack to fill your pokedex and then quit in a week seems retarded. I guess if they're releasing things like trading sooner it'd be a bigger deal, but with the current game it seems unnecessary.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It won't even be super nerds doing it. If there's a website called, PokeMap.com that some bro in a 4stop goes to and says to 20 people, "PokeMap.com shows a blaistoise at the next block", shit will spread like wildfire.

Most of the 47million+ people playing this game don't understand cheating and how it degrades the experience.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It won't even be super nerds doing it. If there's a website called, PokeMap.com that some bro in a 4stop goes to and says to 20 people, "PokeMap.com shows a blaistoise at the next block", shit will spread like wildfire.

Most of the 47million+ people playing this game don't understand cheating and how it degrades the experience.
Oh my, the trolling opportunities...

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
In what is mostly a single player game, I'm not sure why you'd want to maphack.

Geo spoofing is one thing, since you're still "kind of" playing the game with RNG.

Map hack to fill your pokedex and then quit in a week seems retarded. I guess if they're releasing things like trading sooner it'd be a bigger deal, but with the current game it seems unnecessary.
Getting them all allows these guys to research more on the interactions between. Allows you to see spawn rates etc.

I am all for Niantic locking all of this down hard. In the meantime there is a lot to learn about the inner workings of it all so that when it is locked down we still have some knowledge about it should still be working.

I am using it all as a tool to show my son how a lot of these dovetailing technologies work. He now understands public facing IP's and server infrastructure a bit more.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I look forward to pokemap continually telling me there are zero rare pokemon in my town

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh my, the trolling opportunities...
Assuming you're talking about bad tips, that's already happening. It's only worth it if you get an entire mob, and once they find out it's not there you've got an angry mob looking for you.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I was high enough level to get a free meal at a local bar - was going to go yesterday but saved it for tonight. Was looking forward all day to a free Caesar Salad. They've just changed the rewards and level requirements.

I'm now eligible for a free "freak shake" with a meal purchase..the shake basically some diabetes inducing monstrosity with a do-nut on top. Needless to say my body is a temple which is why I won't be claiming that. Guess I'll have to spend some more time power grinding tonight on my sofa.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was high enough level to get a free meal at a local bar - was going to go yesterday but saved it for tonight. Was looking forward all day to a free Caesar Salad. They've just changed the rewards and level requirements.

I'm now eligible for a free "freak shake" with a meal purchase..the shake basically some diabetes inducing monstrosity with a do-nut on top. Needless to say my body is a temple which is why I won't be claiming that. Guess I'll have to spend some more time power grinding tonight on my sofa.
BvYPTJf.gif