Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Until they have an AR-based system to track pokemon the feet are fine. Having a semi-precise estimate of distance makes it way too easy. The maphacks people have now should be easy to patch.
Unless I'm crazy, the feet are not working. It just says 3 feet until it's no feet and spawned near you. If it worked, aka if it reduced to 2 and 1 feet to say you're getting warmer, then I'd agree. Apparently that was axed to save server capacity?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Feet are bugged atm. Anyone that makes claims about why are just parroting rumors. Niantic doesn't announce shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Feet are bugged atm. Anyone that makes claims about why are just parroting rumors. Niantic doesn't announce shit.
Yep.

Theory is that they broke it intentionally to reduce server load. It's just as likely that it broke on its own and they're focused on stabilizing the servers.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Ok we came up with a new plan. We'll make a rare pokemon statue and put it on our front lawn, then petition for it to become a pokestop. Even if there is no correlation to spawns people will think maybe there is and come by and drop lures right?!?!

(wait, we'll also have to open a food truck or something out front, sell knock off pokemon merch etc)

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ingress was not overwhelmingly popular. There was not a massive crowd trying to get in, and little to no pressure as a business to grab portals. Allowing the playerbase to submit portal additions and removals could work because there would be a modest amount to sift through. It also got put in over some time.

When they suggest almost 50 million people are trying to all log in, that's just an insurmountably massive number of active players who all would be trying to add bullshit. They already had stuff like strip clubs put in for Ingress and that was a bunch of snobby hipsters; now it's fucking everyone and their grandmother playing and the troll potential is outrageous. Restaurants would probably be running discounts for people who submit for a pokestop addition. What happens if they put one in on your competitor across the street and then tell you there's already one in your area?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Post your Level and top few Pokemon. I feel like mine are weak for my level:

Level 15 as of today:

808 Jolteon
672 Pidgeot
519 Raticate

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Level 16
1147 Lapras (got it this morning on a 10km egg~~~)
1098 Flareon
862 Vaporeon

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Level 23, fight me nerds

VxVC7ed.png

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Being in a place without Eevee's sucks. I'm level 15 and I still don't have a single Pok?mon above CP 500.
Hatch 10k eggs and gain levels. They'll just start popping out over 1k. But yeah, being anywhere close to a downtown area or mall is a huge unfair advantage.

sebur

Bronze Squire
20- haven't played in days, so behind, stupid work

1615- Vaporeon
1250- Jolteon
1120- Magmar

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lvl 8, zero time spent boosting my pokermans heh. Probably will go with a jolteon when I finally evolve an eevee since so many people are running vaporeon. Jolteon is strong against vaporeon but not weak to flareon.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Geez Ronne. Nice.

Hatch 10k eggs and gain levels. They'll just start popping out over 1k. But yeah, being anywhere close to a downtown area or mall is a huge unfair advantage.
I gotta focus more on the eggs. Also just find as many Eevees as possible I guess.

So is the best tactic to go to the spot near me with around 6 stops in a small radius, 4 of them are reachable at once, and put up lures to level up? I prefer walking around more but I figure get to 20 and then go from there.