Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hatching the eggs is one of my favorite parts of the game. Is there any reliable way to find a specific area to go hunting in for a particular type? I want more Charmanders to evolve the one I got today.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hatching the eggs is one of my favorite parts of the game. Is there any reliable way to find a specific area to go hunting in for a particular type? I want more Charmanders to evolve the one I got today.
From what I understand eggs are random within their distance pool.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah sorry I phrased that badly. I mean distinct from the eggs, any way to tell where I could find Charmanders in the wild? I have not had much luck with the various maps floating around.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've seen all three starter pokermans at different times in my town of 1500, so I'm pretty sure they can spawn just about anywhere

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got my first Snorlax from a candy, has Lick/Body Slam (best moves I guess?), 2000CP and 83% IV. I'm pretty happy about it.
Randomly a Snorlax just spawned outside my work on the other end of the CP spectrum, 321. Lick / Body Slam and, if I am using the calculator correctly, 90% IV. For some reason I don't think I will be able to dench enough Snorlaxes to make this worth it.

Morsakin

Is there any reliable way to find a specific area to go hunting in for a particular type? I want more Charmanders to evolve the one I got today.
Outside of shady methods, generally it comes down to word of mouth or the environmental factors others have mentioned -- charmanders in particular though tend to love golf courses. I say this on the basis of aforementioned shady methods and because I went from never having seen more than 1 to finding 6 in 30 minutes just north of the Sweetwater country club's golf course. Similar reports abound from the Glennbrook Golf Course about half an hour to the east of there.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I saw a Squirtle in my neighborhood this morning while walking to my closest Pokestop. I couldn't narrow down where he was at though so had to give up and go back to work.

Morsakin

I saw a Squirtle in my neighborhood this morning while walking to my closest Pokestop. I couldn't narrow down where he was at though so had to give up and go back to work.
Do not search for them on the assumption that the left to bottom right proximity mechanic is correct; the primary reason I've found myself using less than legitimate means to search out pokemon stems from when I first utilized it as a means to gauge this very area of mechanics seeing as the only other means of tracking them down, i.e. the 3-step mechanic is a lost cause at the moment. Frequently I'd see pokemon in the third position+ being as far away as ~1 mile, using only those uncommon / rare spawns I could reasonably isolate amongst everything else in a given area as my sample requirements. It's shitty, don't get me wrong, but it's the lesser of two evils when compared to relying on game mechanics that would otherwise have you wandering about aimlessly with fuck-all to show for it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I told my wife about Pokevision yesterday, and she had great success with it. Found a ton of rare shit including a Tauros.

Works significantly better than trying to magic 8 ball the Pok?mon tracker footprints.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Do not search for them on the assumption that the left to bottom right proximity mechanic is correct; the primary reason I've found myself using less than legitimate means to search out pokemon stems from when I first utilized it as a means to gauge this very area of mechanics seeing as the only other means of tracking them down, i.e. the 3-step mechanic is a lost cause at the moment. Frequently I'd see pokemon in the third position+ being as far away as ~1 mile, using only those uncommon / rare spawns I could reasonably isolate amongst everything else in a given area as my sample requirements. It's shitty, don't get me wrong, but it's the lesser of two evils when compared to relying on game mechanics that would otherwise have you wandering about aimlessly with fuck-all to show for it.
Heaven forbid you go for a walk without min/maxing your pokemon experience. You're right it's better to just cheat.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't cheat and am up to 95 on the pokedex and level 24, so it's not like it's required (if you live in a city anyway).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the map won't help you level much unless you live Gavinrad style. 94 found pokemon is a lot. I doubt I'll be able to get that much at level 24 without changing my routine. I'm at 71 and level 22.5 right now. I go out to different cities/parks now and then, but most of my time is spent in my own suburb pushing my kid around in his stroller.

What the map will be instrumental for is finding rare or just specific pokemon in a large area. If you're hunting Snorlax, being able to search for them within a mile radius is really important. And it will help the community build up hard spawn locations for specific pokemon, which will make it much easier when you find a spot that shits a Dratini every hour.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah maphack is worse than sitting on your local lure party for exp, it won't even really get more powerful pokemon other than slightly speeding up your gyeados or finding a dratini farm.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I live in a town of 1500 I'll look for pokermans however I goddamn want to. Only seen one or two lure parties on the pokestop loop here since I first started playing, and I'd already been walking for a good 45 minutes before one of em started.

Just did a quick 2 block hop for a bulbasaur, caught him on the second try after he broke out of a razzberried great curveball on the first. I've seen like 5 scythers and a dratini and every single one has been on the opposite side of town fuuuuuu

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have a Nexus5x which should have 2GB of memory. But it seems like PoGo closes itself any time I go to a different app on my phone. I know android tries to close apps to ensure memory is available, but is there anyway to make it less likely to close Pogo?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure pogo has been found to have some pretty big memory leaks / unfiltered errors (why game starts lagging after a few evolutions sometimes) so unless that gets fixed it might be smartest for you to let it restart once in a while.

I tried one of the desktop map applications and they are neat but yeah nowhere near as effective as sitting somewhere with a lure. They'll only be useful if something rare pops up and you need to know what direction to walk so you don't waste time and have it disappear.

spronk

FPS noob
Project Fixup | Meet People Not Profiles

pokedates.jpg

what a time to be alive