Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

niss_sl

shitlord
Are the people that are level 20+ literally just MMO-grinding it out? As in, they're just out there walking around hitting all the pokestops, catching every random pokemon that's worth 1/1000th of a level, etc...

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Are the people that are level 20+ literally just MMO-grinding it out? As in, they're just out there walking around hitting all the pokestops, catching every random pokemon that's worth 1/1000th of a level, etc...
Yes. That and mass evolution of ratata and pidgeos and shit while using a lucky egg. That is massive amount of XP sub 20

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yes. That and mass evolution of ratata and pidgeos and shit while using a lucky egg. That is massive amount of XP sub 20
I blew my entire 30min of lucky egg on evolving and still had some left over. The god damn evolve cutscene needs to be skippable or only shown when a new evolution happens!

niss_sl

shitlord
Yeah I guess I need to catch a shitton more of pokemon. I only have enough candy to evolve 6 pokemons. Pidgeys/weedles just aren't spawning near me. I'm a fucking drowzee factory though but those take 50 candy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I spot a wartortle, pretty far away with ~7.5 minutes left. Decide I can make it, grab my bike out of the garage, and start hauling ass. And hauling ass in that bike is actually a fair bit of work since I can't shift into the highest gears. Get in the area, check my map, I'm still short. Ride farther, check the map, I overshot (and didn't hear it spawn when I rode past because the volume was too low). Let out long procession curse words as I turn around assuming I've missed it by now. It pops up and I catch it on the first throw with an ultra curve razz. Get home, check the IVs, perfect stamina but shit for atk/def.

Here's why the shitty IVs don't bother me even slightly.

rrr_img_137216.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
- Fill pokedex hoping for any perfects along the way
- Poopsock perfect IV pokemon even if they start with 30cp
- Continue playing game for all eternity to get enough stardust for level ups
- Pause progress of IV poopsocking every 6 months to fill pokedex again after new additions

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Filling the pokedex after they add new generations will be a gradually increasing nightmare unless they also introduce a blanket increase to spawn density. It's enough work as it is to fill a pokedex of 151, imagine how much longer it will take to fill a pokedex of 251. Then imagine how much work it would take to fill a pokedex of 721, with another handheld generation due out at the end of this year.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't know how else you expect they'll give the game any longevity though. The whole point is to catch 'em all, and if being a Pok?mon Master was easy that faggot Ash would have done it.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Unless they expand on the combat system and build a robust turn based system for PvP. But yeah .....click click swipe ...

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Level 3, pooooower gamer. Friend caught some annoying bat like chimpokemon for me.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I don't even bother trying to dodge in gym battles anymore. They are such lag filled shitfests that it basically never works. The swipe either doesn't register at all, registers as a tap, or triggers the dodge like 5 seconds after I do it. Totally useless. Not that it matters. Literally every single gym I've encountered can be defeated just by tapping as quick as possible with no regard for types or moves. Just line up my 6 highest CP pok?s and tap until I win. Not like I'm going to run out of potions or revives any time soon. Half the time I'm throwing the shit away to make room for more balls.

I tried checking IVs and shit for a couple days but it takes all the fun out of the game for me. Just going to catch and use Pok?mon I like.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know how else you expect they'll give the game any longevity though. The whole point is to catch 'em all, and if being a Pok?mon Master was easy that faggot Ash would have done it.
I'm not saying they won't gradually add the other pokemon generations, I'm saying it's gonna end up taking you a helluva lot longer than 6 months to fill your pokedex.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought my map seemed rather sparse today but had just attributed it to a surplus of the pokemon I have filtered out. Turns out I was wrong!

From the /r/pokemongodev

Sounds like there was a change made by Niantic and needs the code to be updated before all the pokemon show up properly again.

Fix scan radius to be 70 metres (adapt to API change)

pulse_radius = 0.1 # km - radius of players heartbeat is 100m
pulse_radius = 0.07 # km - radius of players heartbeat is 70m

Peasant_sl

shitlord
What it takes to get to 28:
  • Visit 4,459 pokestops
  • Walk 300km
  • Capture 4,708 pokemon

Stopped playing legit at 14 and botted the rest of the way to 28. Can now enjoy walks outside without staring at a screen.

niss_sl

shitlord
What it takes to get to 28:
  • Visit 4,459 pokestops
  • Walk 300km
  • Capture 4,708 pokemon

Stopped playing legit at 14 and botted the rest of the way to 28. Can now enjoy walks outside without staring at a screen.
So I only need to do my run 180 more days to reach level 28!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
hah guess i actually lucked out getting hydro pump instead of aqua tail on my vaporeon. Every single one of Flareon's charge attacks was buffed, pretty good buff to fire pokemon in general. Overall buffs to electric (bad luck if you got discharge), zero buffs to fighting types that probably could have used it.

Flareon is basically going to be the best all-purpose attacker in the game now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw, Lapras with blizzard is probably top tier now. Dragonite will still be a house as well. I think best actual move DPS will be on Wigglytuff with pound/hyper beam?

Raticate with quick attack and hyper beam should be hilarious, shame he's such garbage otherwise though. Maybe Rapidash with ember and fire blast even?

Sterling

El Presidente
Pretty big dmg changes.. looks like a bunch of ppl are sad about the "ninja nerf".

My exeggutor's confusion and hyper beam got buffed, so i'm happy.

link:Move powers have been updated : TheSilphRoad
Some of these are pretty dramatic. Water Gun going from 10 to 6 is a huge nerf obviously. Water Pulse going from 30 to 35 is a boost though. Have that combo on my 2 highest Vaporeons, which are the ones I generally use to crush gyms with.