Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Naw, Lapras with blizzard is probably top tier now. Dragonite will still be a house as well. I think best actual move DPS will be on Wigglytuff with pound/hyper beam?

Raticate with quick attack and hyper beam should be hilarious, shame he's such garbage otherwise though. Maybe Rapidash with ember and fire blast even?
I meant among more common and easy to power up pokermans, guess I should have specified that. But the fact that they buffed fire, and are concerning themselves more with stopping botters/map programs instead of fixing the goddamn nearby pokemon feature, confirms that they really are a bunch of retards with no clue. The only thing that should be higher priority than fixing the nearby pokemon thing is server stability.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I meant among more common and easy to power up pokermans, guess I should have specified that. But the fact that they buffed fire, and are concerning themselves more with stopping botters/map programs instead of fixing the goddamn nearby pokemon feature, confirms that they really are a bunch of retards with no clue. The only thing that should be higher priority than fixing the nearby pokemon thing is server stability.
Eh, I'd argue that density of pokemon/pokestops is a far greater concern than "tracking" nearby pokemon. If you live in the wrong area? Fuck you, play something else.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Botters/spoofers are probably spending zero on the game, and there is so terribly little depth that I can only imagine it leads to boredom and burnout anyway. Getting rural areas content and hitting cheaters harder would be my priority, not move balance changes or feet tracking.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
New York City Central Park is no joke. Right near the zoo is a quad-stop spot with lures going a lot. Good grinding area!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I thought my map seemed rather sparse today but had just attributed it to a surplus of the pokemon I have filtered out.
I think the spawns now depend on the density of players in the area. I was monitoring a park, and until 10pm, there was a ton of pokemon spawning on a 1h loop. At midnight, it was more sparsely populated, and that went until 10am... the spawn are starting to pick up now.

Oh, and of course, the Dratini spawns at that spot got killed by the reshuffle into Evee spawns:PSA: Nests have changed! : TheSilphRoad

(I was looking at the spawn when it changed... one moment it was all Dratinis... two hours later, no Dratini in sight, and loads of Evee at the same spots)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the spawns now depend on the density of players in the area. I was monitoring a park, and until 10pm, there was a ton of pokemon spawning on a 1h loop. At midnight, it was more sparsely populated, and that went until 10am... the spawn are starting to pick up now.

Oh, and of course, the Dratini spawns at that spot got killed by the reshuffle into Evee spawns:PSA: Nests have changed! : TheSilphRoad

(I was looking at the spawn when it changed... one moment it was all Dratinis... two hours later, no Dratini in sight, and loads of Evee at the same spots)
That's not nearly a big enough sample size to draw a judgement from. At one point yesterday evening there were 5 pokemon at the hot spot just behind my house even though the map only showed 1. Most maps are screwed up right now because of the changes niantic made. Just now my map picked up a bulbasaur on the second scan cycle, but judging from the timer that bulbasaur was absolutely up during the first scan cycle.

*edit*

Can someone who knows math verify my numbers?

My walking speed is pretty steady at 3mph. That means in 60 seconds I will have walked 264 feet, so if I walked in a circle with a radius of 42 feet, after 60 seconds I should be right back where I started. So if put a stake in the ground and tied a 42 foot long rope to it (accounting for rope length lost tying the knot) and then walked ~10 laps with a fresh egg in an incubator, I could get a pretty good idea of whether there is also a pedometer function, or if it is purely based on linear distance.

Would probably want to do the 10 laps thing 2 or 3 times with a fresh egg each time just for more data.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Filling the pokedex after they add new generations will be a gradually increasing nightmare unless they also introduce a blanket increase to spawn density. It's enough work as it is to fill a pokedex of 151, imagine how much longer it will take to fill a pokedex of 251. Then imagine how much work it would take to fill a pokedex of 721, with another handheld generation due out at the end of this year.
My guess, they'll gradually improve the way spawning works over time to be more similar to the games such that you can find specific pokemon at specific locations.

Right now we have "nests" but they are pretty sparse and focused on a few pokemon.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My suggestions to rebalance the game in a more useful way than wild and poorly thought out nerfs/buffs to moves.

XP/Dust

Stage 1 Pokemon unchanged

Stage 2 Pokemon give x5 xp and dust when caught in the wild

Stage 3 Pokemon give x10 xp and dust when caught in the wild

Pokemon without an evolution give x5 xp and dust when caught in the wild

Eggs remain unchanged, they already have the advantage of better IV ranges until lvl 30 and coming with an extra chunk of candy.

Fix the motherfucking nearby pokemon tool you retarded fucks

Battling

Raise the type bonus to 75%/150%, or at least 50%/100%. There is absolutely no way an equal level Flareon should outdamage a Machamp, Primeape, Hitmonlee, or Hitmonchan against a normal type. Nerfing the type bonus so goddamn far completely destroys one of the core gameplay mechanics of Pokemon, building a lineup with a balanced range of types. With the type bonuses being such dogshit, you just want the 6 highest dps pokemon you can get regardless of type.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Evolutions should give XP based entirely on the number of candies it took to evolve. I would say candy x 20 personally, aka 240 for a pidgey and 500 for rat and 2k for the biggest sets. XP for catches should be based on the ring/difficulty of said catch - I'd do 50 at easiest and 50 per difficulty from there.

It's absolutely bullshit that I see a feerow and say fuck that and don't even click on it, but 3 pidgey spawns is fucking GREAT! I want communist xp values.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah scaling evolution xp is a fantastic idea and fits in perfectly with my changes. I don't agree with the xp for catches being based on that dumbass inconsistent targeting system though. What I do think is that every single curve/nice/great/excellent you throw should award you xp even if the pokemon breaks out of the ball. Not much is more frustrating than having a pokemon flee after breaking out of an excellent throw and getting 0 xp instead of 200.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Spawns have definitely changed in the last couple of days. A week ago I reported that I have about 4 "rare" spawns on my block. I used to see a ton of Squirtles and some other rare things as well. Since the change I'm seeing a lot more Jigglypuffs, horseas, and some other odd things. The quantity of rares seem a lot less since this change but that could just be bias (I also haven't been able to keep an eye on things as closely as I was last weekend).

Personally I don't think it's a bad idea to have spawns change from time to time. It keeps things a bit more fresh and interesting. Even though we need to catch a shit ton of certain mons to evolve them it gets old seeing Squirtle after Squirtle spawn. So getting some fresh Mons in the neighborhood every so often is a good thing in my opinion.

fris

Vyemm Raider
any suggestions for a pogo device for your kids? my phone is sprint, and we have some oldish android phones that will run just don't have data active. I'm not really wanting to add a new phone line just so my 7 year old can play pogo. maybe pay the $ to get my phone setup as a hotspot? dunno if there's any other options.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Cause we're gonna need this thread.

Lapras and Dragonite are the new OP with the attack changes. Quick attacks in general are far, far shittier and using correctly STAB'd charge moves is where most of your damage is at now.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Y4Ggeys.png

NKyo3UQ.png