Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So if you live rural, do you at least get pokemon even if you don't have pokestops?

I visited my mother today, half way out into nowhere, and there were only 4 pokestops visible doing a 360 on the map, but there were lots of pokemon. Caught my first Jigglypuff and my first Vulpix

Felt like even more pokemon than the city here without lures.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Quineloe said:
So if you live rural, do you at least get pokemon even if you don't have pokestops?
Sounds possible; the spawns are linked to players in the area, while pokestop are linked to Ingress players. You should have lots more of the former around, even if there were few of the latter.

Of course, if the local density is 1 person per square km, you might not find that many pokemons...

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Good to see you're still someone I don't know.

ZgSAiw1.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what, you emulate Go on your pc then run the bot?

Faux raging about bots aside, I did a one-handed excellent curve to catch a drowzee on the way back from the grocery store earlier. I think that's the pokemon equivalent of a 360 windmill slam.

tyen

<Banned>
don't have to emulate android, pokemans has an API that lets you do things

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I have suddenly started seeing snorlax 3 steps from my house but I cannot find them. I have driven around and checked all over pokevision but they just never actually show up. Maybe it is a cruel joke.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
yimmien said:
I have suddenly started seeing snorlax 3 steps from my house but I cannot find them.  I have driven around and checked all over pokevision but they just never actually show up.  Maybe it is a cruel joke.

So it sounds like the nearby list still basically doesn't do anything correctly at all?  I haven't played since like Thursday, but I was hoping they had unbroken the list at least a little bit with the new updates.  :(

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
tyen said:

All I want is a map program that works. The one I use has been all sorts of fucked up since the recent changes. Scans at about 1/4th the speed and still misses like half the pokemon in town.

fris

Vyemm Raider
pokevision is more accurate the more popular the place is you're scanning. 6am at my house, it misses at least half of what's around. I've had my phone show a rat just after a scan showed nothing. rescan, still nothing. then i look at the park w/ a dozen stops, already a ton of mons w/o having to scan.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah I live in a town of 1500. I am the only one who would be running scans in pokevision.

lmfao. In addition to making changes to try and shut down the map programs, the latest update just flat out removes the nearby pokemon feature. They literally want you to just wander around aimlessly like a fucking moron trying to find pokemon.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My suggestions to rebalance the game in a more useful way than wild and poorly thought out nerfs/buffs to moves.

XP/Dust

Stage 1 Pokemon unchanged

Stage 2 Pokemon give x5 xp and dust when caught in the wild

Stage 3 Pokemon give x10 xp and dust when caught in the wild

Pokemon without an evolution give x5 xp and dust when caught in the wild

Eggs remain unchanged, they already have the advantage of better IV ranges until lvl 30 and coming with an extra chunk of candy.

Fix the motherfucking nearby pokemon tool you retarded fucks

Battling

Raise the type bonus to 75%/150%, or at least 50%/100%. There is absolutely no way an equal level Flareon should outdamage a Machamp, Primeape, Hitmonlee, or Hitmonchan against a normal type. Nerfing the type bonus so goddamn far completely destroys one of the core gameplay mechanics of Pokemon, building a lineup with a balanced range of types. With the type bonuses being such dogshit, you just want the 6 highest dps pokemon you can get regardless of type.
IMO:
1. Change battle mechanics to be exactly like the original games. Turn based, type damages, move sets, TMs etc.
2. Make pokemon spawns much more strongly defined. So you can easily find nests for nearly all pokemon types if you're willing to travel.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Twilight Sparkle said:
tyen said:

All I want is a map program that works. The one I use has been all sorts of fucked up since the recent changes. Scans at about 1/4th the speed and still misses like half the pokemon in town.

I use this. Works well, updates on a near daily basis. https://m.reddit.com/r/PokeScanner

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Fuck your bot.

Srsly tho, game is very shallow atm. Hard to stay interested without core RPG mechanics dominating the experience ala Red/Blue.

tyen

<Banned>
Twilight Sparkle said:
yeah I live in a town of 1500. I am the only one who would be running scans in pokevision.

lmfao. In addition to making changes to try and shut down the map programs, the latest update just flat out removes the nearby pokemon feature. They literally want you to just wander around aimlessly like a fucking moron trying to find pokemon.

they removed 3 steps because it was broken.