Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
uyBa5VJ.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently playing on a stolen phone because my own windows phone doesn't pokemongo has its downsides.

I have no idea what account that is :D

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I guess they turned on hard mode for botters last night. There's some kind of verification system in place to prevent unofficial software from accessing their servers. This also breaks all the mapping systems. I don't know if they made the mapping systems even more impossible by changing the nearby pokemon list to not have direct positions.

My guess: unless someone breaks their verification system, botters will have to read data from the app somehow and inject higher up the chain in the app's memory. Unlike the previous system that's so easy Tyen could do it, this may be more challenging depending on how much effort their spent ensuring the sanctity of their binaries.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh, and disabling the maps before their new tracker system was implemented is beyond stupid. They should have put a link to pokevision.com in the tracker page instead of shutting it down.

It doesn't bother me much, but meat of this game is finding pokemon by moving around. If you can't track, there's no reason to move around. The only good way to play the game currently is to either catch random pokemon as you move in a set pattern (what I do) or camp out on lures. Both of those gameplay strategies are not exciting.

If I can put out a conspiracy theory: Niantic discovered that 80% of their income is from lures and that people who actively track and hunt pokemon don't spend $$ on lures.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It doesn't bother me much, but meat of this game is finding pokemon by moving around. If you can't track, there's no reason to move around. The only good way to play the game currently is to either catch random pokemon as you move in a set pattern (what I do) or camp out on lures. Both of those gameplay strategies are not exciting.
Yup. Sounds about right. The game appeals to my collector nature. I'm more excited to find my first Pikachu than I am to catch that 98% Weedle. Currently the way I play is to have the app open while I'm at home and watch for rare spawns. Because of the Pokevision days I have a pretty good idea of where they are when one does spawn. In the evening I'll walk a set route around my neighborhood for egg credit and once or twice a week I'll go to my local zoo to restock (free farming and we have paid memberships so it costs nothing).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm going to Knight's Action Park (think white trash version of Six Flags) today with a friend and her kids and there's a good chunk of pokestops there. If nothing else the two of us can...grab a lot of balls!!!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like that everyone used that site and called their Pokémon "trash tier." Literally everyone.

And yet, you all have 90%+ IV's. Fuck off. My best ones are all in the 70% range (and once again, I've caught like 125+, and am level 22). Granted, I haven't played in 2 weeks because the game isn't fun, but still...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like that everyone used that site and called their Pokémon "trash tier." Literally everyone.

And yet, you all have 90%+ IV's. Fuck off. My best ones are all in the 70% range (and once again, I've caught like 125+, and am level 22). Granted, I haven't played in 2 weeks because the game isn't fun, but still...

They mean that their high IV pokemon are trash for battling. Like my highest IV pokemon is a kingler, which is an absolutely terrible pokemon, and on top of that I don't think either of his two moves are even water.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

I've got two 90%+ IV pokemons, a spearow and a seel. Both are pretty trash tier, otherwise I have a bellsprout and abra in the 88s, and a bunch of other crappy in the mid to low 80s. Most of the decent pokemon I have are low IV :|

Given I gym battled a whopping 17 times, it shouldn't really matter.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm going to Knight's Action Park (think white trash version of Six Flags) today with a friend and her kids and there's a good chunk of pokestops there. If nothing else the two of us can...grab a lot of balls!!!

This will just make you hate me more, but I constantly throw out my regular pokeballs. I try to have as little as possible, 0 if I can manage it. I'm sitting on 250 great balls and 50 ultra balls right now. Soon I'll have to start tossing away great balls to make room for more ultra balls.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you're not interested in Pokemans don't click on the Pokemans thread. I don't see your 3k Dragonite demolishing buildings. Yawl feeler?

come to my gym dawgs. you'd get wrecked
LOL, I could give a shit about your botted mons and your botted gyms you took over from some 10 yr old kid.

I dont play this game for the same reason, clearly, as you do.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This will just make you hate me more, but I constantly throw out my regular pokeballs. I try to have as little as possible, 0 if I can manage it. I'm sitting on 250 great balls and 50 ultra balls right now. Soon I'll have to start tossing away great balls to make room for more ultra balls.

Nah I already figured it's like that for people who live with 10 pokestops crammed up their ass

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Nah I already figured it's like that for people who live with 10 pokestops crammed up their ass

10? Please. There's over 50 on my 1km walk to work, and well over 500 within a 20 minute walk of my house. There is only 4 in range of my office and 3 in range of my house though.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
10? Please. There's over 50 on my 1km walk to work, and well over 500 within a 20 minute walk of my house. There is only 4 in range of my office and 3 in range of my house though.
Fuck I wish I didn't live in the suburbs.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was Ingress real big in Japan, or did Niantic just make sure to flood Japan with pokestops because it's Japan?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you're not interested in Pokemans don't click on the Pokemans thread. I don't see your 3k Dragonite demolishing buildings. Yawl feeler?

come to my gym dawgs. you'd get wrecked
Hey Tyen, I went to the park the other day and they had an empty soccer field. I scored 15 goals!