Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Was Ingress real big in Japan, or did Niantic just make sure to flood Japan with pokestops because it's Japan?
I'm pretty sure they flooded japan with pokestops and launched the first of their "tie-ins" with every McD over there being a Gym.

fris

Vyemm Raider
so botting is currently dead? if so, i'll consider that the first positive change since the app launched

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
For now it is yea, the last batch of changes they made broke basically everything, even the mapping systems.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So one of my pokemans is size XL and twice as heavy as a normal pokeman of that type. Does that mean anything?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So one of my pokemans is size XL and twice as heavy as a normal pokeman of that type. Does that mean anything?
I'm not sure it directly ties to IV's, so I think it doesn't matter. You could check it via pokeadvisor.com.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If botting is dead then fuck me, I just had to knock a 3000cp Dragonite out of a gym by a level 31 trainer, followed by two 2500's out of the next gym.

I guess they could have been botters who went local to take the gyms but really.

I had to walk in a circle to hit a bunch of pokestops just to get revives because I threw literally all of mine away.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm not sure it directly ties to IV's, so I think it doesn't matter. You could check it via pokeadvisor.com.

I have noticed XL pokemon tend to have higher HP IV's.

Also Pokeadvisor needs to add something where they calculate how many pokemon you have ready to evolve based on the pokemon in your bank and your candy reserves.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My guess is there's a number of tools who botted up a bunch of pokemon and are now manually using them to hit up gyms. So you might actually see an uptick in gym participation by botters now that they can't bot anymore.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I can put out a conspiracy theory: Niantic discovered that 80% of their income is from lures and that people who actively track and hunt pokemon don't spend $$ on lures.

I think that's probably not far from the truth, but also probably not the only financial reason behind disabling tracking. Unfortunately we live in a society that values lawsuits more highly than it values natural selection and personal accountability. So when little Timmy is walking down the street and wants to catch that Magicarp, Niantec wants to make sure they don't give Timmy explicit directions that tell him to walk directly into traffic.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
My guess is there's a number of tools who botted up a bunch of pokemon and are now manually using them to hit up gyms. So you might actually see an uptick in gym participation by botters now that they can't bot anymore.

They do spend money on Incubators though. I haven't bought any lures, but I've bought a shitload of incubators.

Hmm could have sworn I replied to your other post.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think incubators and balls along with incense. You have to think some players in the rural parts, which is like 80%-90% of any country other than maybe Japan, has shit for poky stops.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know I've spent a few bucks on incubators. I just feel like there's whales spending dozens of dollars a day on lures, where as you are pretty limited in how much you can spend on incubators.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really don't see myself spending money for pokeballs. I'd probably not play if my pokestop situation were that dire.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really don't see myself spending money for pokeballs. I'd probably not play if my pokestop situation were that dire.

QFT

Selling something so fundamental as Pokeballs at that price is pretty ridiculous. Even if they gave 10x the balls for the same price I would never buy them out of principle.

I haven't played in almost a week now and I might be done. If they bring tracking back, then I'd come back at least long enough to give that a try. But I'm pretty underwhelmed with the game as it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea buying balls isn't really viable in any fashion. Even the sheer quantity issues aside you can't pick up great/ultra balls which means rarer stuff is going to run from you way too often.

I don't know how it is in other cities but there are a number of small-ish places here in Chicago that run lures nearly all damn day. Bars/coffee shops/etc that will just turn them on around noon and let them ride for hours.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>

thought this was already apparent by my posts. as a botter, not being able to bot, and now poopsing on gyms.

you can archive this "guess" to fact in your databases now.

fgts

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVUAAAAJGI1ZGE1MDE0LTJjODctNDU0YS1hNDQyLWM1YjI3MTNiZTk0Nw.png

Last edited:

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there anywhere that explains what having a high IV score means in greater detail than "better distribution of statistics"?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
IV is a percentage. It is a metric to show how far along until max CP.

If IV is 95%, it means the CP is 95% of the way to max.

Also "max" is max for your trainer level, not necessarily the end-all max CP that pokeman could have. If you level a bit more, you can spend more stardust to pump the IV up.

ya feeler?