Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Neph_sl

shitlord
Info links:
General Guides:
Pokemon Go complete guide: tips, tricks, cheats ??" Quartz

CP Mechanics:
Internal Mechanics of CP (xpost from r/pokemongo) : pogostrategy

Max CP for all pokemon:
Pokemon | Pokemon Go

Pokemon Stats description:
Pokémon Stats - Advanced | Pokemon Go
Exact Pokemon CP Formula : TheSilphRoad

Poke Assistance (rarity/moveset table)
Poke Assistant

Pokemon Type chart (gen 6)
https://img.pokemondb.net/images/typechart.png

List of Pokemon Eggs:
Pok?mon GO - Pok?mon Eggs

Pokemon spreadsheet to allow you to calculate hidden IV score:
Improved IV Calculator -- automatically calculate possible IVs : TheSilphRoad

Friend Codes

Alkorin Alkorin 7048 6390 0455
Angelwatch Angelwatch 4123 4569 4839
Ao- Ao- 9517 5227 8659
A apex 5351 8977 2602
B-Biscuit B-Biscuit 5984 1358 4401
Brand Brand 2357 2068 3583
DirkDonkeyroot DirkDonkeyroot 5528 6911 7244
Koushirou Koushirou 3829 1665 9587
Koushirou Koushirou 's Fiance 8548 2251 0583
Kovaks Kovaks 8105 3131 7415
Lenas Lenas 2535 2535 0110
pharmakos pharmakos 2724 4328 4864
Punko Punko 2630 6772 6082
Raponchi Raponchi 4217 8693 4262
ronne ronne 7422 7826 9997
Sebudai Sebudai 9070 2272 1697
yerm yerm 9287 7896 9618
ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy 9903 4905 2797
ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy 's Wife 6856 8570 2154
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk 1180 6189 2416
H heartbrand 2584 9222 7063
Couchy Couchy (Paofam) 7827 3665 5131
Rathar Rathar 3695 1580 1943
Szeth Szeth 9982 7730 5977
@Mrs. Szeth 7982 9109 6303
@a_skeleton_02 (a_skeleton_0285) 7175 1371 2986
M Murked 0374 2888 5165
B Black_Death 0743 4340 6867
P Pooch 2331 9531 1333
edited by amod 11/21/2019

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Use ingresss map to locate that hard to find Pokemon - Album on Imgur

optimal movesets
Optimal Moveset - Theory Discussion : pokemongo
Pokemon GO Optimal Movesets (updated) : pokemongo

Throwing:
unconfirmed:
overview for LulusPix
Level 23. I don't have any troubles catching Pokemon, and as time has gone by its gotten easier. Here's my tip. Learn the speed in which you need to move your finger to catch a Pokemon at x distance. Spam that motion as soon as the Pokemon shows up on your catching screen. It won't throw automatically but if you do it right it will throw as soon as it can. This gives a weird double curve ball that goes in one direction and then the other, usually left then right. It doesn't offer any special curve ball bonuses, but often automatically gets nice, or excellent catches and will always nab the Pokemon if you know the distance.

Lv 25 Tips Tricks - Page 2 - Pokemon GO Pro Forum
I turned off the AR. This way the Pokemon stays stationary so that I could learn a standard/repeatable pokeball toss. I use a curveball toss for the EXP, so what I do is spin the ball clockwise and then slide my finger about half way up my phone and to the far left before releasing. It lands nearly every time, except on occasions where the Pokemon moves or jumps. Also worth noting is that Pokemon that are flying (Zubat) are actually higher up on the screen so you need to slide your finger further up the screen for those.

Lv 25 Tips Tricks - Page 2 - Pokemon GO Pro Forum
Throwing poke balls is something you'll just have to practice. Some tips are watch the speed of the circle getting smaller. If it's slower, the Pokemon is further away. If the circle gets smaller at a faster rate, the Pokemon is close and you won't need to throw as hard. Also, there are certain Pok?mon that have a set distance. Zubat is one of them. Always middle to far range, and annoying to catch. Weedles and caterpies are almost always close for the first throw. I think spinning is too inconsistant for me as I haven't had much practice but shooting for nice, great, or excellent gives more XP. And as of now, the throw bonuses don't stack.

How to become a better Go Trainer - Pokemon GO Pro Forum
Catching Pokemon:
The game does a really poor job at explaining the catch system and how to get "bonus" likelihood of being successful. After catching hundreds of pokemon I have figured some things out.
First off, the circle. When you tap and hold your pokeball a circle will appear within the white circle which is the pokemon's hit box. The colour of the this circle gives you an idea of how likely you are to catch this particular pokemon. The circle will range from Green (easy) to Dark Red (very very hard).
Improving your chances:
The easiest thing to do (if available) is to use a Razz Berry and a high quality ball. The Razz berry increases your success chance on a capture for ONLY the next hit. The high quality ball is pretty self -explanatory.
You'Tll notice that as you hold down the pokeball the circle will get smaller and smaller until it resets and becomes as big as the white box again. This circle getting smaller is a double edged sword. If you are able to toss your pokeball through that circle you will get a bonus to your capture chance. If you toss it when the circle is big you'Tll get a small bonus. I you toss it when the circle is tiny you'll get a big bonus. BUT! You have to get it through the hole so unless you are very good at aiming you will miss the small hole and get no bonus at all when you could instead get a small bonus.
You'Tll know if you got a bonus because there is comment on the pokemon. For a small bonus it will say "oNice!"? and for a large bonus it will say "oExcellent!"? with "Good"? and "oGreat"? in between.
You will also gain bonus XP for performing a bonus chance catch. Putting spin on the ball also gives a very small amount of bonus chance and gives you a "oCurve ball"? bonus of 10 xp.

How to throw your ball:
Most people will do a lob throw. Holding their phone straight up and down (or close to it) and plopping the ball on the pokemon from above.
This throw is fine most of the time. It is a very forgiving throw because you can hit them anywhere from the toes to the top of the head and it will count as a hit.
However! Eventually you will run into some big mean stage 3 evolved pokemon who will actively repel pokeballs or the pokemon will back away from you farther than the lob throw can reach. Perhaps you've already seen Zubats do this to you.
When this happens you have to use a "oLine drive"? throw.
You perform a line drive by tilting your phone to be closer to horizontal about 30-45 degrees above horizontal. The velocity that the ball is released at depends on how far you drag your finger across the screen. So to optimize this distance you want to run your finger diagonally across the screen. Aim the corner of the phone just above your target'Ts head. You should barely be able to see the edge of his image. Then quickly run your finger across the screen and you'Tll toss a pitch that these tough pokemon can'Tt deflect and really get that ball out there to far away pokemon.
I would recommend practicing this throw before a legendary pokemon or ultra-rare pokemon shows up.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fighting
How to easily take down any Gym : pokemongo

*Note*: Nerfed, dodging avoids 75% dmg, not 100% anymore.

This is my last try to help... this keeps getting downvoted, so I'm guessing some higher level players don't want others to know this (or they don't like their gyms being taken)
I'll make it really brief:
Watch the yellow screen flash!!! That's it. Forget everything else; ignore the animation, just watch for the flash, swipe to dodge, then quick attack. You will take no or very little damage.
The end. It's that easy.
Other notes:
The first time an opponent appears, it attacks twice. So dodge twice first: flash dodge flash dodge, then attack.
If the server glitches/lags, you can take damage
You can safely get in one quick attack before the next flash - sometimes you can get two (flash dodge, attack, attack, flash dodge, attack, attack...repeat).
You are vulnerable after using a special attack because you can't immediately dodge - don't use them unless you need to.
You're up against the clock. If your 800CP is against a 1400CP, you can avoid taking damage, but you may not be able to whittle down their health in time.
You can cut through Pokemon within +/- 200CP of your attacker like butter (without losing health)
You get a lot of xp at no cost for taking down high level gyms, and it's fun! (although it does take a while)
It is way more fun than spamming quick attack and it'll save you a TON of revive and health potions.
Bonus: you can really annoy the 'super-gyms' when you take them down by yourself!
Edit: To clarify, the safest/easiest way is to only attack once after dodging. Then wait for another flash and repeat. Like this: flash - dodge - attack (one tap)..... flash - dodge - attack (one tap)..... repeat After a while, you'll figure out where you can sneak in two taps before dodging and that you can dodge right or left.

Neph_sl

shitlord
The smart watch looks pretty stupid though, but as a way to ID another 'trainer', it's kinda interesting. Not that I would use one, but a Pokedex case for your smartphone would be better.

Hopefully you can trade with online 'friends' or they have some kind of trading network so we wouldn't have to travel to the mountains or the beach or Antarctica to get the Pokemon we'd want.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
People will definitely profit off certain Pokemon if they make some of the locations exotic and or exclusive enough. Could be interesting.

Imagine if they put something super rare in North Korea?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
People will definitely profit off certain Pokemon if they make some of the locations exotic and or exclusive enough. Could be interesting.

Hell put a mega rare pokemon in the old parts of detroit. No need to cross an ocean for a good post apocalypse pokemon battle.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Or Syria/Afghanistan.

This game is pretty much a hit already, the massive amount of "downlow" Pok?mon players, app lovers and ingress players are going to go ape.

I hope they actually give a shit they can do so much shit with the game.

Nocturnal Pok?mon using the carriers times.
More Fire Pok?mon when its hot out using the phones GPS/weather app
More water Pok?mon out when its raining
Grass Pok?mon during clear days
Dark Pok?mon during overcast days
Ice Pok?mon during cold days
Steel Pok?mon in industrial areas.

I love going hiking and photographing animals during the spring and summer and this kinda scratches that itch.

Different Pok?mon during seasons as well of course.

Also I would seriously dislike online trading I think it would be amazing if collecting them all actually meant traveling the world. I think they could rotate Pok?mon every quarter or something as well.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
This looks like gold. Seriously, if done correctly...I see my son/daughter hounding me to go on hikes and trips, to have a chance to capture a pokemon. The cross promotional tie-ins are crazy.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This looks like gold. Seriously, if done correctly...I see my son/daughter hounding me to go on hikes and trips, to have a chance to capture a pokemon. The cross promotional tie-ins are crazy.
Yeah "visit so and so mall, wild pikachu here until the end of the month"

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
So pokemon + ingress, should work well.

There will be multiple places to catch the same pokemon and the events will be held in the most popular spots in various cities. Some out of the way places will be crucial for unlocking various hunting grounds I bet.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Pokemon go will have tournaments and events that also have mobile Pokemon Centers that will allow you to meet up with other Pokemon Go players and charge phones.

Also it will "reward" you for building a narrative of your own adventure using social media and the built in recording software of the device, Basically if you upload your battle with a rare pokemon at a location to Youtube/Facebook/Twitter you can get rewards.

Guess I have to make a separate Facebook for my Pokemon Go account.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Cool idea. I wonder how the pokemon wod be separated. Ex: does each state have its own set of pokemon? Or will they make it so you can only catch them in parks?

Edit: Actually watched the video. I agree with Brand, would be a great game to explore locations with kids. Would be funny thought to have an 8 year old brat that you took to the Grand Canyon and couldn't give a shit about anything except that Geodude was somewhere.

I feel like to keep kid's attention you'd need to have enough content for them to do when they're at their house though.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It yet remains to be seen if the game will have the mechanics of a normal Pokemon game, like the way you level them up, teach them moves, etc.

If the game throws the classic battle system out the window then I guarantee you'll never see me playing this.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I see no reason why they would change it. I'm not a pokemon fanboy but they've developed a really structured combat system that is simple enough for young kids to understand and complex enough for older gamers to enjoy.

My initial reaction to the post above is funny at second blush though, because it's essentially: "A pokemon simulator sounds great! It makes total sense that you'd make a game where the player needs to go out into the world with their pokedex and capture pokemon in other areas and find and battle other trainers! But they also need a mode where the player sits in his mother's second floor and plays on the computer..."

I'd like to think it's possible that this becomes a world-wide cultural phenomenon with organizations and professional teams of trainers competing for massive prizes. Then one day a young kid leaves his parents house and competes in the largest pokemon arena. That kid's name? Satoshi.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'll at least give this a try. I know my kids'll play the shit out of it.

Neph_sl

shitlord
My initial reaction to the post above is funny at second blush though, because it's essentially: "A pokemon simulator sounds great! It makes total sense that you'd make a game where the player needs to go out into the world with their pokedex and capture pokemon in other areas and find and battle other trainers! But they also need a mode where the player sits in his mother's second floor and plays on the computer..."
It's an interesting point though.

If they make local battling / trading mandatory (i.e. No online trading or battles), then people are going to be forced to meet up and play to level up. You're probably not going to get very far if you only catch and train on the Pidgey that shows up at your local park that you go to once a month.

Requiring travel and effort to not only catch Pokemon, but level them up could make this game really interesting. But at the same time, that could be a huge barrier to a lot of people.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea a bunch of kids aspies and adhd pedo SJWs are going to YOLO and seek out human contact in order to catch rare bird pokemon. Utopia.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
There will be a day one Lucky Patch for it that lets you manipulate the GPS, calling it now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea. I mean it's an interesting idea but I'd love to just have a few Nintendo games on phones instead of them trying to peddle newer and shittier versions of game boys. They had their time and place but stop coming out with ten year old hardware if you want me to buy a dedicated mobile platform for hundreds of dollars for a couple games. Every time I think about getting a DS the only thing I can think of when holding it is "BlackBerry".