Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It yet remains to be seen if the game will have the mechanics of a normal Pokemon game, like the way you level them up, teach them moves, etc.

If the game throws the classic battle system out the window then I guarantee you'll never see me playing this.
The battle system is pretty bad, yet here I am playing it anyways. =/

There will be a day one Lucky Patch for it that lets you manipulate the GPS, calling it now.
Haven't tried GPS spoofing yet, but I have patched the game to give me anything in the store for free but I think it's not working because the store might be disabled. Has anyone given in to buying anything yet?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Having played around with it a bit, not sure what the point of the game is? It's VERY feature light.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The point is to get kids out of the house with something distracting. Aside from that, catch em all. We are adults and not everything is aimed at (or near) us. Kids will eat this game up, especially with the poke watch accessory.

We were given 2500 coins a day during testing. People are gonna spend a shit load of money on this game.

Has given me something to pass the time when I walk my dog though.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Having played around with it a bit, not sure what the point of the game is? It's VERY feature light.
I really like the gym capture feature. I work at a university so there's a ton of gyms on campus. It's going to be non-stop three-faction territory wars, it's gonna be great.

I went to a nature trail today because I was thinking that logically Pokemon would be out in nature... nope. Found close to jack shit after about an hour of light hiking, even with Incense on. Meanwhile my girlfriend ran into 15 Pokemon spending 30 minutes at a Costco, among them Ryhorn and Dratini. Apparently Pokemon enjoy cheap gas and bulk cereal packs!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Caught 3 gyms uncontested while my wife drove us to a restaurant tonight $$ gimme dem coins. Having someone drive you around with incense active is for sure the best farming method.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Haven't gotten a chance to get super far yet... Can you battle people after level 5? Also when you talk about gyms- I basically set my Pokemon up as a defender and get points for it?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You can battle at rival gyms and train at friendly ones, you pick a team when visiting a gym after level 5. If no one has control of a gym, you leave one of your Pokemon there to take it instead. Every day you can claim bonus stardust/coins per Pokemon you have placed in a gym.

Gyms can eventually level up or something which allows your team to place more Pokemon there to defend it.

Any Pokemon left at a gym are unavailable to you unless you go back and get them, or they get beaten by another player and sent back to you needing a revive.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Can't even login to the application at the moment. Does anyone use Google for their account? Is that any better than the pokemon club?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Their servers are garbage. Doesn't matter what account you use, they can't handle the traffic atm.

I thought I was doing good at level 6 so far but some kid at art institute across the street is already 15. Can't tell if he is cheating somehow or walking 10 hours a day + p2w.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Their servers are garbage. Doesn't matter what account you use, they can't handle the traffic atm.

I thought I was doing good at level 6 so far but some kid at art institute across the street is already 15. Can't tell if he is cheating somehow or walking 10 hours a day + p2w.
I'm also 6 - so you're probably on point. I've found that if you close the application but don't exit it, look at another app on your phone, and then load it again your wifi will bug out and think you're somewhere else. Then when it figures it out your avatar will run back, thus exposing you to lots of pokemon along the route. This probably is only effective if like me you're working a desk job and can't leave the office to farm.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
During testing I would go to home screen, turn off gps, load the game back up and turn on gps after it said it couldn't find me. Definitely hasn't worked the same since the game launched though.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Set it up using google and had no issues getting in...I was only level 5 on the other account linked to the pokemon account...Now would be the time to restart I guess.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Got the APK a day before the official launch. Spent the day driving around taking over every gym in my city.

Apparently you stopped getting paid after 10 gyms.

I'm looking for Abras will travel.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So far I've found a specific kmart plaza to be the best farming spot. Seems intentional that they make it high traffic public places... (BJs was a total let down will have to check Costco) did find a CP 298 fearow out of nowhere

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Beat a gym twice today while the opponent Pokemon sat at 0 HP for 30 seconds, continually taking attacks but doing nothing, then I get told I lost after time ran out. What a joke. I know it was lag related but when it ends up in me wasting resources (revives/potions) it kinda pisses me off.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I was walking around town hitting a few of the Pokestops, and a car rolled up to me asking if I was playing Pokemon Go. When they asked what team I was, and I told them Instinct, they gave me a dirty look and drove away