Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Not quoting the whole thing but taking gyms isn't hard. Only issue is having the fucking thing not bug out.

I've solod a gym with four defenders from 500-1100CP using a 850 Vaporeon and random 600cp trash if it fainted. A decent poke.on with a fast attack let's you spam attacks about 3x as fast as the AI even if they have the same attack speed. Just dodge abilities and tap the shit out of the screen. Don't worry too much if your cp is a few hundred points lower, it doesn't mean shit when it comes to your dps it's mostly based off hp.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well, that largely has to do with Vaporeon being OP as fuck and having a 10 damage basic attack that is faster/as fast as the the 5 damage basic attacks.

Only gym I've not been able to take yet has a 2200 Snorlax sitting on it and I can't even dent that fuck. It takes like 4-5 hits to even see his HP bar move.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My bluestacks install worked fine last night but is crashing every 2 minutes today, maybe they patched something server side?

Will try Nox again and see if I can get it to work

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't know what it is, but when I wait to try to dodge, my pokemon seems to be in the middle of an attack whenever I swipe even if I haven't touched him. Wondering if it's the screen cover I have on my phone at this point. I can't come close to replicating the dodges in that video.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
My bluestacks install worked fine last night but is crashing every 2 minutes today, maybe they patched something server side?

Will try Nox again and see if I can get it to work
I got Nox working, the important bit seemed to be giving it a real phone model it the settings, and chosing a GPS location BEFORE starting up Pokemon. It wouldn't read it otherwise, but if you're pinned someplace on startup it moves around just fine.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
My egg tracking seems mostly useless. I've walked probably 5-6 miles the past two days doing other things, with Pokemon running on my phone, and it's registered maybe 1/3 that, looks like less though. I've tried with screen on, screen off, fucked with power save, nothing seems to help. Just seems random

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's super spotty at best. I hatched all my 2km eggs walking to the 7-11 by me, and it's 2 blocks away. Meanwhile my 5km eggs didn't budge at all on my 7 mile bike ride to work today.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I got Nox working, the important bit seemed to be giving it a real phone model it the settings, and chosing a GPS location BEFORE starting up Pokemon. It wouldn't read it otherwise, but if you're pinned someplace on startup it moves around just fine.
Yeah I got Nox working, updated to todays release and put in my actual phone model and number

Thanks for the tips

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's super spotty at best. I hatched all my 2km eggs walking to the 7-11 by me, and it's 2 blocks away. Meanwhile my 5km eggs didn't budge at all on my 7 mile bike ride to work today.
had the same thing. Biked 40miles through out the day and got .1km added to my fucking 5km egg. Walk a 1mile loop around a park and the fucker hatched. I think it works as a step counter (or through the phone's step counter?) rather than actual distance traveled.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Btw i heard that gym strat got nerfed.

I wish theyd throw out the combat system and go back to exactly what we had before.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
had the same thing. Biked 40miles through out the day and got .1km added to my fucking 5km egg. Walk a 1mile loop around a park and the fucker hatched. I think it works as a step counter (or through the phone's step counter?) rather than actual distance traveled.
The max speed is relatively low. Like 15 mph or lower.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I've got two Eevee... one with Tackle as the "quick" skill and the other with Quick Attack. Both have "Swift" as their charge skills. Will it change once evolve them (like the size rating can change, which is a giant fuck you), is one better than the other?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
we can toss that theory straight out. I've had eggs hatch in the car and on my desktop emulator

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The stampede of people when you send out an email that says, VULPIX IN THE LOBBY, GO GO, and then you watch everyone leave their seats.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I've got two Eevee... one with Tackle as the "quick" skill and the other with Quick Attack. Both have "Swift" as their charge skills. Will it change once evolve them (like the size rating can change, which is a giant fuck you), is one better than the other?
They will change when it evolves.

I don't think size actually does anything.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You gotta make sure your phone isn't locked when you are trying to track steps. The app is awful with that and can't reconcile gps updating / pedometer if it's locked. Turn on battery saver mode in the game and it goes dark / unresponsive when your phone is upside down so you aren't hitting buttons while it's in your pocket.

I think the pedometer ties in a lot. Wife and I were walking around last night cause she needed 0.1km to hatch an egg... She was holding her phone still in front of her the whole time, mine was in my pocket doing the above, and I got back home with +0.75km on my eggs by the time her's barely hatched.

I don't think size actually does anything.
Impacts max hp/cp I believe. Same pokemon maxed with different sizes will have slightly different stats.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
It seems like some of the rare Pokemon pop up in the same spot. I stop off by a dog park to pick up Scyther on the way to my sons school and then stop again on the way back and he is within 30 yards of the same spot in that park. I do this again when it's time to pick him up and bring him home.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I heard the evolved form's moves are determined by the type, but it can change. I don't have a table that shows what changes to what.