Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like maybe they implemented a change/fix for gps spoofing (or at least made it less straight forward). Since there's nothing remotely near where I work or live, I was using it on bluestacks yesterday about 2.5 miles from my work. I just picked a spot that was smack dab in the middle of 3 pokestops that just so happened to be lured all day. Yesterday it was great, caught a bunch of stuff, kept near full on inventory (I even started trashing revives and such because I was getting so many pokeballs/potions that I thought were more useful). Anyway, today it doesn't seem to work. I went to the same spot, collected the 3 pokestops and that was it. I left bluestacks running in the background and went to check every 15 minutes or so like I did yesterday, but the pokestops never reset. Waited around 2 hours in total and they did not reset the entire time. I moved my spoofed location about 2 blocks down the street and collected another pokestop and waited there for ~20 minutes, it never reset either. However, the original 3 stops did reset after I was away from them for a while. Maybe they implemented a change that stops you from just camping at pokestops and requires you to move out of range? Also gps spoofing short range movements was upping my egg walking counter yesterday and it is not today, so that seems like another change. Maybe it's just me, anyone seeing the same thing?
Working for me. Just hit the Santa Monica pier, where there was an Electabuzz, and Squirtle at the same time. Squirtle disappeared on me before I could get it though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know why but I find it hilarious there is such an audience on twitch to sit around watching people walk around a park to catch pokemon

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think this is too aggressive. People who cheat either by driving/gps spoofing are only really deserving of shame if:
1. They build up super tough pokemon via cheating then roll over gyms.
Isn't that exactly what this results in? People spoof to go sit in central park or whatever farming pokestops/catches to buff up quickly and catch beast pokemon. Why would they not then move on to gyms to take them over and cheat themselves into free coins/exp? Thinking that people already cheating wouldn't do this feels naive to me. Actually driving around has been more of a hinderance than a help since the first few days.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is a perfect time for a carrier like Tmobile to come out and say that Pokemon Go data is free and wont go against your cap.
Pokémon Go Mania Sweeps the Country . So T-Mobile Thanks Customers with Free Pokémon Data and More | T-Mobile Newsroom

Bellevue, Washington ? July 14, 2016 ? T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced that, with next week?s T-Mobile Tuesday, the Un-carrier is thanking its customers with free, unlimited data for Pok?mon Go?the new sensation that?s taking the world by storm. On July 19th, as part of next week?s T-Mobile Tuesdays, the Un-carrier will give customers great ways to take their Pok?mon Go skillz to a whole new level, including ?

Free, unlimited data on Pok?mon Go, so it won?t touch your high-speed data?for a full year!
On top of that, 250 people will each win $100 in Pok?Coins, and five people will win a Pok?mon Go hunting trip anywhere in the U.S. for themselves and a guest!

?This is what T-Mobile Tuesday is all about ? thanking customers with hot, new, totally free gifts every week, and right now, nothing is hotter than Pok?mon Go!? said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. ?With the carriers? shared data schemes, players could easily burn up the family?s data bucket ? and then, hello, overages! At T-Mobile, we?re unleashing Pok?mon Go so our customers can play free for a year. It?s gonna be a fantastic T-Mobile Tuesday!?

DMBTylerWSP_sl

shitlord
tl;dr Nox android emulator is incredibly easy if you want to GPS spoof and don't want to go through all those steps for Bluestacks.

I did have a bunch typed out explaining why I tried out an emulator with GPS spoofing, but no one really cares, and whether I've justified it in my head or not, none of you give a shit and the people that think I'm a cheater will think that no matter what. I will say that I doubt I'll be very competitive in this game no matter what, because I'm not motivated enough (cheating or not), but whatever.

Anyway, instead of doing all that crap with Bluestacks, if you can use the Nox android emulator, it already has built in location settings right out of the box, no rooting, no adding other programs, nothing. I didn't watch that video far enough to see how the GPS spoofing worked in their method, but this one literally pulls up a Google maps view and lets you click (or type in a search to get you close) where you want to be and then select to move the GPS there. It is so easy that if you were so inclined you could keep clicking and moving it a little bit at a time to simulate walking around even.

This now allows me to sit at work where I'm literally in a Pokemon wasteland, and instead pretend I'm sitting at the park 2 miles away and collecting Pokestop rewards. I still plan to walk during lunch and somewhat after work (my neighborhood isn't conducive to a lot of walking around not paying attention to your surroundings though), but at least now I'll have all the Pokeballs I need instead of running out because there isn't shit near me.

Also, if you have a zoo nearby, they seem to be incredible, as everyone probably already surmised. The Sacramento Zoo has a shitload of Pokestops within a minute or two walking distance of each other, and tons of spawn points, including water spawns. Of course, you have to pay to get into the zoo, so that's probably not a great long term plan, but if I had a kid it would be a great weekend trip. And you get to see real animals!
How are you able to play it on the Nox emulator? I tried to install it on the emulator and it says the device isn't compatible with this version.

Edit: Manually installed an apk and go it installed but it won't find the GPS signal

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Regular shit happening every day is now attributed to pokemon go because that's just the easy way of doing things. People weren't stabbed, robbed or drove while using their phone before this whole pokemon nonsense!
The biggest complaint they've had on the news is trespassing since apparently the deal is random and you get them in places people don't have rights to be.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
As far as Nox, it was working earlier without any special install or anything, but perhaps they patched it within the last hour.

Regardless, when setting your location, you can't just click the spot on the map and then assume that is it. I did that at first and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. What you have to do is move your mouse to the very bottom of the map screen so that little area with the latitude and longitude pops up, and then in the bottom right click the OK button. Only when you click OK does it actually do anything.

However, I can't log in on my phone or Nox right now, so I can't really say if something has changed since then.

EDIT: Ok, it's working again. Still in the middle of the State Capitol grounds now. Will attach a shot of the map screen. That OK in the bottom right is what you want.

npteDtQ.jpg

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How are you able to play it on the Nox emulator? I tried to install it on the emulator and it says the device isn't compatible with this version.

Edit: Manually installed an apk and go it installed but it won't find the GPS signal
Yea I'm stuck at no gps signal as well. Nox looks like its setting your location, but pokemon go never seems to read it?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I edited my post above with some info on the Nox GPS stuff.

As far as Pokestops and the like not responding anymore, force close the app and start it again. It happens to me all the fucking time on both Nox and my phone. Their servers must really be shitting the bed or something. Countless times I've thrown a pokeball only to have it freeze and never give me a result (no wiggles, and just sits there staring at the ball). Only way I know if I succeeded is looking at the journal next time I log in.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's just a problem in general. I had to force close the app like 4 times trying to catch a Charmander. Never got it, as it'd crash every time on the capture part.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Finally came out in the UK today so loaded it up on my gf's phone and we went walking around her neighborhood tonight. Shit is so laggy and buggy. 99% of the time when I saw a Pokemon and proceeded to waste 10 balls getting the hang of throwing them, I'd finally catch it and then have the screen "freeze" and have to force close and re open. Only for the Pokemon to be gone. Other times I'd be standing on a patch of "grass" and spam tapping it and nothing would happen, no pokemon would appear. Too frustrating to play atm. I thought they had the kinks worked out? Apparently not for UK servers.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still don't get the patches of grass, they never seem to mean shit to me or others I've talked to.

Usually the pokemon is in my inventory if the game freezes after catching it and I force a restart.Usually...definitely not always.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Finally came out in the UK today so loaded it up on my gf's phone and we went walking around her neighborhood tonight. Shit is so laggy and buggy. 99% of the time when I saw a Pokemon and proceeded to waste 10 balls getting the hang of throwing them, I'd finally catch it and then have the screen "freeze" and have to force close and re open. Only for the Pokemon to be gone. Other times I'd be standing on a patch of "grass" and spam tapping it and nothing would happen, no pokemon would appear. Too frustrating to play atm. I thought they had the kinks worked out? Apparently not for UK servers.
welcome to the game, lol

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Got Nox to work finally, had to put a real phone model in it and the gps took for some reason.

Not gonna use it on my actual account as I rather like actually traveling around, but his will be nice to scout before I go on a 5 mile walk to someplace only to find out it's worthless there.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The ball auto-curving is getting to be pretty bullshit. I'd never encountered it until I hit level 15 and I'd still seen plenty of orange/red Pokemon that didn't have the curve happen. Now I'm starting to see this shit on just cp200ish yellow ring Pokemon. It's ridiculous. What doesn't help is the curve being there or not isn't consistent within a single encounter, so I can throw 5 balls with a curve, then try to compensate and it'll just chuck it off the other side of the screen since the curve wasn't in effect. Last night, tried to get a Kingler that was standing ridiculously far away and it was basically impossible to hit him with the curve in place. You just couldn't get the distance.

e: Just had a cp129 green ratata break out of 5 great balls before peacing out. What the goddamn fuck?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you hang on to the ball and it sparkles that means it's going to be a curved shot. I think the game lags and thinks you've been holding on to the ball and throws a curved shot up.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Isn't that exactly what this results in? People spoof to go sit in central park or whatever farming pokestops/catches to buff up quickly and catch beast pokemon. Why would they not then move on to gyms to take them over and cheat themselves into free coins/exp? Thinking that people already cheating wouldn't do this feels naive to me. Actually driving around has been more of a hinderance than a help since the first few days.
Some of us literally live in nowhere with one dot of cell reception to begin with ...

Check your city life privilege.

There is a huge difference between cheating to get ahead of people and then 'cheating' to even be able to play a game at all.