Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
walked into a fucking 2 foot high Stone bollard last night when I decided to have one more Pokewalk. Area was completely unlit. This fucking game.
I then used my other phone with flashlight app. Felt like a douche, walking around with two high end smart phones

Should I wait on hatching a 10 km egg until I am higher Level?

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
They don't have that kind of ambition or budget. They are only interested in a micro transaction market. Look at Black Desert to see how well that works, they just added subscription benefits IIRC.
Honestly, they probably have the budget now. Ambition you might be right on, though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They really didn't say much at all as far as I know. I hope they add a bit of depth to battling, as right now it's kind of bare bones. It'd be cool if I could summon a Pokemon to weaken a high CP one to make it easier to catch, too.

One thing I've been thinking about over the last few days is the potential of what Niantic has. I'm not talking about Pokemon, but the MMO aspect. Niantic could literally make an INSANELY cool fantasy MMO with this. Imagine walking around in real life, fighting mobs for XP and loot? Imagine coming together with friends to take on a raid monster, doing quests, etc. Running around the world grinding IRL, getting gear, making friends. How they haven't done this is beyond me. Sadly, I doubt they ever will if they think it will compete with Pokemon Go.
Make it and become a multi-millionaire overnight.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So basically when you level up you want to toss all your old eggs? Can you do that?
Can't toss them, which is annoying. Pretty much forces you into buying incubators to get rid of the trash 2k ones to make room for possible 10ks.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Can't toss them, which is annoying. Pretty much forces you into buying incubators to get rid of the trash 2k ones to make room for possible 10ks.
I was walking cash in hand to the shop to buy some incubators when I saw they are only 3-use ones. What?! Get some infinite incubators in the shop and I'll buy, otherwise no bueno.

Also sploosh:
CoLnkQBUEAAc0sj.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Updates coming soon:
more Pokemon, trading, and customizable PokeStops
full article
Pokemon Go to get more Pokemon, trading, and customizable PokeStops | TechCrunch
No timetable?

I hate to sound dramatic, but the game will need something big in the next week or two before it starts losing players in a hurry.

The vast majority of people playing are super casual and are starting to burn out quickly. The game doesn't have enough depth to last until the fall.

That's not to say it'll die, but only the hardcore will still be playing. I doubt you can count on people returning to this one, either.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I don't see why you people wouldn't return when the second gen of Pokemon are released. I doubt that trading is going to keep many people who are already getting bored of catching and have no interest in gyms.

Speaking of, my new tactic for gyms is to take down rival gyms and put in a low CP Pikachu. Stupid things flip so quickly anyways.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No timetable?

I hate to sound dramatic, but the game will need something big in the next week or two before it starts losing players in a hurry.

The vast majority of people playing are super casual and are starting to burn out quickly. The game doesn't have enough depth to last until the fall.

That's not to say it'll die, but only the hardcore will still be playing. I doubt you can count on people returning to this one, either.
I'm not sure what would keep the casuals playing. Probably a notification system that says, "Rare pokemon X near you!" that works without the app actively running. The hardcore people will burn out quickly too. I can't see myself playing after level 30, getting all the NA pokemon and building up a wrecking crew of pokemon.

But I agree with Neph. Generation 2 will bring out a lot of people to play it again. And it's ok if that happens Spring 2017.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I would pay crazy money and have so much more fun if they changed to a battle style similar to Pokemon stadium or Pokemon yellow/etc. But I doubt that will ever happen..

I took a gym yesterday then noticed someone else immediately started attacking it. So instead of training the gym I decided to just have fun, and the second the gym turned grey I would sneak a low CP pokemon on it before the attacker had a chance to claim it.. I did this at least 8 times in a row and had a good laugh.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm not sure what would keep the casuals playing. Probably a notification system that says, "Rare pokemon X near you!" that works without the app actively running. The hardcore people will burn out quickly too. I can't see myself playing after level 30, getting all the NA pokemon and building up a wrecking crew of pokemon.

But I agree with Neph. Generation 2 will bring out a lot of people to play it again. And it's ok if that happens Spring 2017.
Here's your notification system.

Pokémon GO Plus | Pokémon GO

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
So I'm using Pokevision a bit to keep an eye on my neighborhood and based on this thread I've learned a few things about spawn points but still have a few questions. My understanding is that there are static spawn points around the world. Every 45 minutes to an hour a Pokemon will spawn at these points. I have a spawn point right in my backyard which is neat because I can capture a few Pokemon everyday simply by keeping an eye on my phone. One thing I've noticed though is that there are two spawn points near my house which seem to spawn rare Pokemon fairly frequently (a couple of times a day). I've seen Squirtle there a couple of times but never at a convenient time or just as he was about to despawn. I caught Wartortle yesterday from one of these spots and I, literally, just got back from catching a Venomoth at this spot.

So my question is this: Are some spawn points designated as "rare" points? So will I never see a rare Pokemon in my house's spawn point but just the common Pidgey's, Ratatta's, Weedle's and the like? I did find a Gastly in my house one of my first days playing but haven't seen anything that "rare" since.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was walking cash in hand to the shop to buy some incubators when I saw they are only 3-use ones. What?! Get some infinite incubators in the shop and I'll buy, otherwise no bueno.
Speaking as something of an expert on getting the most bang for your buck out of cash shops in f2p games, incubators are probably the only thing I'll ever buy. Maybe some lures now that I found a decent pokestop cluster in the next town over. Infinite incubators would have to cost something like 50 bucks a piece or more. I mean just two incubators triples your hatching speed for at least 15km, assuming you arent dumb enough to use a store bought incubator to hatch a 2km egg.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah gym money all goes for incubators. And as Gavin said, you really should use the infinite one you start with to cook the 2 km ones.