Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenas

Trump's Staff

TL;DR:
• 2 & 4-star raids are being consolidated into 1 & 3; new Mega tier being added.
• Mega raids reward mega energy (like candy, pokemon specific)
• Mega evos use this energy, but cost goes down after doing it once
• Only 1 mega at a time. Megas boost attack of your entire party, matching types getting even more boost
• Raids will now reward overall speed, no more team bonus, incentivizing larger lobbies

Supposedly going live tomorrow August 27.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I am so sick of these fucking hat events. I’ve had nothing but these shit ass ribbon Smoochums crawling out of every research and egg. Who the fuck wants this garbage? You can’t even evolve the piece of shit if you get good IVs and want to use it as a trash ice Pokémon or if you get a shiny. And oh boy, new hats for Pikachu again.

Also I don’t know if this happens elsewhere normally, but on my apartment location, 90% of the spawns that I can see from here will always be the same Pokémon and it’ll just swap to something else every now and then. It’s been fucking nothing but Mantines for weeks. I see all kinds of varieties of shit going on my little walk around the property and don’t see anything else like this. Maybe one day it’ll be something good? But so far it’s been shit like these Mantines (twice), Spoinks, Dunsparce, Surskits, etc. It’s starting to piss me off a bit.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I got my first shiny Croagunk a few days ago, one shiny I really wanted.

Unfortunately it has a FUCKING hat and I can't even evolve it.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is there anyway to make raid invite alerts more prominent for iOS? I swear, every other PoGo notification I get is nice and loud and gives my phone and watch a vibrate. Those raid invites? Nothing. Every now and then I notice the red dot on my watch and sure enough I missed another one. No sound, no vibrate and my phone doesn't even have the alert listed. It's fucking frustrating.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there anyway to make raid invite alerts more prominent for iOS? I swear, every other PoGo notification I get is nice and loud and gives my phone and watch a vibrate. Those raid invites? Nothing. Every now and then I notice the red dot on my watch and sure enough I missed another one. No sound, no vibrate and my phone doesn't even have the alert listed. It's fucking frustrating.

C12809D1-9ACD-4041-BFFA-FDA041F270C9.png

D3B66D0B-206E-4E4A-B104-B9BC8140E4C6.png

I’ve just been turning off every alert except raid invites. It should look like that, but it manages to default everything to on pretty frequently.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I've got the events/updates and raid invites checked in there, and I always get noise/vibe alerts for the events push notifications, but the raid invites just don't do anything. It's like it's not pushing until well past when the invite was usable and it just pushes them silently. Had one maybe a half hour ago. Had been sitting at my desk with my phone between my arms and watch on when it supposedly happened, but never felt or heard the watch go off and never heard/saw my phone alert. Saw the alert 4 min late on my watch, but my phone had no record of the notification at all.

Bleh, searching around reddit, it looks like other people are having the same problem but don't really know what to do about it. Oh well.

• 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Where you get all those good mother fuckers? Also, goddamn I get pissed that every one of my 100s is a fucking trash can.

A1A9A097-2E57-4ACF-8C60-B061E41FF017.png

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hey I've been playing off and on since 2016. Friend code is 776905523051.

Remote friends didn't seem super helpful near as much until the remote raid passes they put in recently. Friend me up and let's roll some shit!

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Level increase... does that mean Pokemon level increase also?

Unclear. They say that XL Candy will be able to raise a pokemon's CP, but they don't specifically say it'll raise the level.
Level 40 Trainers who power up Pokémon past their previous CP maximum will be unable to use those Pokémon in the Master League format for the time being in order to maintain a fair competition. However, those Pokémon can still defend Gyms.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Looks like trade distance is up to 50km temporarily. Sadly doesn't help me with any trades. Also, are you allowed to have more than one lucky friend at a time? I've gotten a single one through all the gifts I've sent or opened and the one I have was from when the lucky friend system first came out. Going to suck if it's max 1, since the person lives multiple states away, I think.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Looks like trade distance is up to 50km temporarily. Sadly doesn't help me with any trades. Also, are you allowed to have more than one lucky friend at a time? I've gotten a single one through all the gifts I've sent or opened and the one I have was from when the lucky friend system first came out. Going to suck if it's max 1, since the person lives multiple states away, I think.

I have like 20 lucky friends atm and I'm gonna start trying to clear some thanks to trade distance update.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
50km was the most consistent I saw getting thrown around but saw some folks saying they did a 55km, others saying it failed in the 30s, etc. who the fuck knows. Not sure why they didn’t release the number. Or just make the shit global, fuck. Or even just within your region if they’re worried about the fucking exclusives.

• 1Like