Pole Barn / Outbuilding / Machine Shed / Man-Cave / Workshops

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The thought of tee'ing off on a real golf ball about 5 feet in front of a concrete wall is making me laugh out loud. Those videos can be found in the MMO forum under the Pantheon Rise of the Fallen thread.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
He should have made tunnels to his neighbors houses and made basements in them.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

speaking of tunnels, this guy has been digging a tunnel for 7 months off and on. is digging a tunnel outside of building codes? as in sure most people could get away with making one, but this guy is pretty famous.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
speaking of tunnels, this guy has been digging a tunnel for 7 months off and on. is digging a tunnel outside of building codes? as in sure most people could get away with making one, but this guy is pretty famous.

Are these the same guys? Accents all sound the same to me. This guy is fucking crazy:

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's a lot of steel. Must have been pretty pricey. Just burying a shipping container seems cheaper and easier although it wouldn't be as roomy.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Wish I could build one on my land. Given it’s Florida and there’s a river through part of my property I doubt it’s feasibly.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is it part of the rules of utube that you have to add really loud music anytime you're not talking? Or does utube do it automatically when it detects insufficient noise? I mean, fuck that shit. If you feel you need muzak to for the dead air, make it very very quiet in relation to your speaking voice.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Wish I could build one on my land. Given it’s Florida and there’s a river through part of my property I doubt it’s feasibly.

Me too. I would love to have that or a basement. Or even a good old fashioned bomb shelter. Wife and I want to buy property on a mountain some day and we're going to basically tunnel a house into the mountain. Hobbit style.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Wrong thread

Last edited:

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Might as well bump this to update mine. I wound up putting in the slab for the building I want and then bought a small tuff shed to be my workshop. We're going to wait a few years for construction prices to come down. When that happens, we'll move the tuff shed off the slab to somewhere else on the property and build the building I had designed. The shed has power and I'll be installing a window unit AC this weekend if I'm home. After that, I'll start building a workbench and moving my shit in. I need to look into extending my wifi out there.

We also might decide to put a second larger tuff shed on the slab to be the workout studio. But if we do that, the big building is probably never happening. At that point the only thing the building will have that we don't have with the tuff sheds is the apartment.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Oh I forgot to mention that I'm also planning to get some kind of ghetto water out there. Most likely I will dig a trench from the main house with water pipe and set it up so I can attach a hose to each end and feed it water whenever I want / need.

Goatface

Matthew Cremona (the woodworker) has been building a 40x72 post building for about a month, it is up to 16 parts now
playlist

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I want a big compressor in my new shop. But it's hard to justify the noise, cost and maintenance. Give me some ideas of cool shit you can do with a compressor.

I am going to at least get a small one, but this is what made me want to justify a larger one. The room is mostly for reloading right now, so pneumatic tools in general have some value. But I also want to hear about off label stuff. Like I have a buddy who uses an air compressor to skin deer. You cut a slit on the bottom leg, pump 100 PSI into it and the skin falls off.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I want a big compressor in my new shop. But it's hard to justify the noise, cost and maintenance. Give me some ideas of cool shit you can do with a compressor.

I am going to at least get a small one, but this is what made me want to justify a larger one. The room is mostly for reloading right now, so pneumatic tools in general have some value. But I also want to hear about off label stuff. Like I have a buddy who uses an air compressor to skin deer. You cut a slit on the bottom leg, pump 100 PSI into it and the skin falls off.

Spiral compressors make a fraction of the noise and don't require a big tank as they make compressed air on demand. However they aren't cheap at all, at all.

Traditional air compressor make sure you drain it on a regular basis to let out the air it traps in the tank.

• 1Like

Goatface

if you can, put it outside
1669076092462.png

only reason i want a big compressor is for media blasting
1669076300937.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users