Possible Star Trek Next Generation reboot

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There was a real genius to casting the “Kirk” character as the XO. I imagine they would keep that intact but now use him as a foil for every social issue he’s on the wrong side of.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
While this is interesting it's worth noting that the Daily Mirror is a shitrag tabloid of a newspaper - I haven't seen anyone have a source for the story outside of this article so I've no idea how they would have it and nobody else.

I got it but dont care enough to relink.

Its going to be Picard in a fatherly senior type role at like a desk. The series will check in with him from time to time. Its like a reboot of TNG with a younger cast. The other pitch was a shorter series with Picard as the main feature, AGAIN, with the ultimate goal being to reboot a TNG timeline. Whichever pitch they go with just depends on how much of the show is anchored by Picard.

No one besides Picard is involved right now. This is a Picard-centric concept to get the older millennial fans buzzing about Star Trek again.

So you can kill the memes. This is not a reunion show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
No one besides Picard is involved right now. This is a Picard-centric concept to get the older millennial fans buzzing about Star Trek again.

So you can kill the memes. This is not a reunion show.

WIll it have Guinan?

vIHi4ms.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How is it going to be a reboot if old picard is in it passing the baton to a new generation? That's not what a reboot is.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How is it going to be a reboot if old picard is in it passing the baton to a new generation? That's not what a reboot is.

Liberties with the movie/book canon. That's a rebooted timeline if the plot details are at odds with what the creators of those works wrote for that time period in any given year of TNG and its being done for a new younger cast.

Star Trek 2009: Picard Remix.

You're choosing to not call it rebooted because you are only taking into consideration the original television show-- that's on you as a personal choice.

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Liberties with the movie/book canon. That's a rebooted timeline if the plot details are at odds with what the creators of those works wrote for that time period in any given year of TNG and its being done for a new younger cast.

Star Trek 2009: Picard Remix.

You're choosing to not call it rebooted because you are only taking into consideration the original television show-- that's on you as a personal choice.

So when the crew visits an alternate universe where they all have goatees, that's a reboot? When time travel resets everything to prevent the enterprise form being blowed up, that's a reboot?

While both are cheesy plot devices, they are not reboots because the character development that has happened is still valid. In a reboot captain picard can be a blue alien and have a female james t kirk as his first officer.

I guess it depends on what they do with him, which I don't think we know yet. If he's an admiral coaching a new crew, then at worst it's no more a reboot than what they did to the appearance of klingons ... or to pretty much everything in the enterprise series. If he's back on the enterprise D on his first day taking command, then it'll probably just fucking suck and won't be watched.

Chris

Potato del Grande
He'll be fine. Klingons have backup systems of their backup systems. You pretty much have to launch one into a star to kill them.
Heh, DS9 reference? I remember O'Brian saying that when a Cardassian was asking why they put so much exra shit in the station's systems. They had backups of the backups.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Heh, DS9 reference? I remember O'Brian saying that when a Cardassian was asking why they put so much exra shit in the station's systems. They had backups of the backups.

Not particularly. More when Worf got 'killed' at least once the backup systems in klingon biology plot armored him. Came up in ST:TNG originally. Might have been used here or there in DS9.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
This would likely be set in JJ's movie universe timeline. That way anything is possible!

• 3Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not particularly. More when Worf got 'killed' at least once the backup systems in klingon biology plot armored him. Came up in ST:TNG originally. Might have been used here or there in DS9.

As I recall, they at least set that up by noting the Klingon biology had numerous extra/backup systems.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I feel so conflicted. On the one hand, fuck them for going anywhere near TNG.

On the other hand if it leads to more content of Patrick Stewart as Picard then I can't really be mad. They can't reboot without him, Patrick Stewart IS Picard. This isn't a kirk situation, where someone else could play him as a younger person. Thinking about Picard without Stewart hurts my brain. It's like anyone else but Hugh Jackman playing wolverine, or Stewart playing professor x, they just embody the character so well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Riker needs to direct more episodes of The Orville. The one he did was amazing.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Mirror universe best universe, proven many times

da973032370b26553fdafd9021987e16.jpg

00c44e69c1e8f13f5d99ce841eb974bd.jpg

That story is especially fucked up for Kira as she learns that in a different universe she would become exactly like one of the people she hates more than anyone - Gul Dukat. Vain, brutal, and happy to use her position to sexually exploit those below her.

Siliconemelons

That story is especially fucked up for Kira as she learns that in a different universe she would become exactly like one of the people she hates more than anyone - Gul Dukat. Vain, brutal, and happy to use her position to sexually exploit those below her.

Mirror universe episodes are the some of the best, in every startrek series - esp Discovery as it kinda centered around it and were /the/ best episodes of that entire mess (and the episodes with Mudd, those rocked)... I don't know if they intended to show that being a big space cuck SJW dooms your race (humans) to hundreds of years of slavery- and you just leave them to deal with it while you go off an make some very lame speech.

DS9 is just awesome all around... deff once Sisco grows his badass goatee and shaves his head and worf shows up.

"StarTrek fans are racist!" - WTF Our favorite series is strongly lead by two black dudes! Erm um fine, SEXIST - wtf DS9 has stronger woman than Janeway with Kira and Dax and hell even baby dax! - Fine, have a black girl named Michael... WTF

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
"StarTrek fans are racist!" - WTF Our favorite series is strongly lead by two black dudes! Erm um fine, SEXIST - wtf DS9 has stronger woman than Janeway with Kira and Dax and hell even baby dax! - Fine, have a black girl named Michael... WTF

... Obama?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
How do we not have Sisko returning in some form yet?

That actor was fucking amazing

Because Avery Brooks has gone nearly insane in his old age. He hasn't done any work since 2006, other than The Captains documentary where you have Shatner interviewing each of the captains. During Avery Brooks' interview, it's like he's in a permanent dazed state from the episode where he found the Bajoran relic and went all crazy....

Sisko_locusts.jpg

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Because Avery Brooks has gone nearly insane in his old age. He hasn't done any work since 2006, other than The Captains documentary where you have Shatner interviewing each of the captains. During Avery Brooks' interview, it's like he's in a permanent dazed state from the episode where he found the Bajoran relic and went all crazy....

View attachment 169654

What is odd is the first captain on Babylon 5 was replaced due to mental illness as well.