Possible Star Trek Next Generation reboot

Siliconemelons

Because Avery Brooks has gone nearly insane in his old age. He hasn't done any work since 2006, other than The Captains documentary where you have Shatner interviewing each of the captains. During Avery Brooks' interview, it's like he's in a permanent dazed state from the episode where he found the Bajoran relic and went all crazy....

View attachment 169654

Yeah that documentary is severely edited during his and Janeway's segment - while the other parts are very open and free to form. Brooks has indeed, sadly gone full bat shit liberal crazy.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What is odd is the first captain on Babylon 5 was replaced due to mental illness as well.
Pretty sure he was just groping and harassing the female cast members, which oddly happened a lot on the set of those sci-fi shows. The dementia might explain why he was doing it (see Andy Dick) but that's still a problem.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What is odd is the first captain on Babylon 5 was replaced due to mental illness as well.
He came back as a male/minbari hybrid towards the end, if I recall. Though it was, what, two episodes? He died, like, 6 years ago, at the ripe young age of 60. :-\

Izo

Tranny Chaser
He came back as a male/minbari hybrid towards the end, if I recall. Though it was, what, two episodes? He died, like, 6 years ago, at the ripe young age of 60. :-\
latest

He was written in as motherfucking Valen - a Minbari not born of Minbari.

Will you follow me into fire? Into storm? Into darkness? Into death?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure he was just groping and harassing the female cast members, which oddly happened a lot on the set of those sci-fi shows. The dementia might explain why he was doing it (see Andy Dick) but that's still a problem.

Nope.
Straczynski reveals moving story of why Michael O'Hare left Babylon 5

In 2012, Michael O'Hare, who played the original Commander of Babylon 5, Jeffrey Sinclair, passed away. During his life, however, fans were unaware of the fact that he suffered from delusions and paranoia due to mental illness. That was the real reason he left the show after only one season. Straczynski explained how O'Hare struggled, how he was barely able to come back for a two-parter to close his character's story, but above all, that O'Hare wanted people to know the truth after his death.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Yeah, that's not new it was discussed years ago by the internet. The mental problems were the explanation for his actions rather than the drug allegation that was floating around decades ago, but that didn't refute everything said at the conventions by other cast members or the sexual harassment claim mentioned in the old SEC filing.

But it's easier to hand wave it all and point to a 5 year old article after everyone's passed away.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the original telepath chick with the white hair, talia, was married to Garibaldi IRL at the start of the show (they divorced later) and apparently the original captain on B5 flirted/harrassed her. At the end of season 1 Garibaldi (Jerry Doyle) gave an ultimatum, either he returns or the captain returns but not both. I guess due to the mental illness stuff they wisely chose Garibaldi.

Even when the og captain returns in season 4 or 5 Doyle and he never share a scene together on screen, its all done with video screens and shit because they despised each other.

Doyle went on to host a right wing republican talk show host in Vegas, sadly he died 2 years ago. I met him a few times, he's a cool "uber patriot" kinda guy

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's not new it was discussed years ago by the internet. The mental problems were the explanation for his actions rather than the drug allegation that was floating around decades ago, but that didn't refute everything said at the conventions by other cast members or the sexual harassment claim mentioned in the old SEC filing.

But it's easier to hand wave it all and point to a 5 year old article after everyone's passed away.

Well that is from the guy that would have done the hiring and firing so yes I will take his word on it.

Malakriss

yeah the original telepath chick with the white hair, talia, was married to Garibaldi IRL at the start of the show (they divorced later) and apparently the original captain on B5 flirted/harrassed her. At the end of season 1 Garibaldi (Jerry Doyle) gave an ultimatum, either he returns or the captain returns but not both. I guess due to the mental illness stuff they wisely chose Garibaldi.

Even when the og captain returns in season 4 or 5 Doyle and he never share a scene together on screen, its all done with video screens and shit because they despised each other.

Doyle went on to host a right wing republican talk show host in Vegas, sadly he died 2 years ago. I met him a few times, he's a cool "uber patriot" kinda guy
Yeah, I give Doyle mad props for laying the foot down on that one. From 'those' actors to the Bermans and even Roddenberrys they covered the whole of the industry and it went on for decades. Hell, Acidfly posted T'pol on the last page and I wonder how many people know that was Berman's influence on Enterprise and he went from TNG all the way down the line with DS9, Voyager, and ENT.

edit: holy shit, didn't realize Wil actually popped in to the reddit thread on the Dax thing and confirmed it was Berman that was responsible for him leaving TNG as well. (Spoilered since plugin does the huge post)

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, I give Doyle mad props for laying the foot down on that one. From 'those' actors to the Bermans and even Roddenberrys they covered the whole of the industry and it went on for decades. Hell, Acidfly posted T'pol on the last page and I wonder how many people know that was Berman's influence on Enterprise and he went from TNG all the way down the line with DS9, Voyager, and ENT.

edit: holy shit, didn't realize Wil actually popped in to the reddit thread on the Dax thing and confirmed it was Berman that was responsible for him leaving TNG as well. (Spoilered since plugin does the huge post)

Story doesn't check out, this is the actress they hired to replace Terry Farrell -

Unless she was hired to spite Berman and his boob fixation. Check out the milk truck we replaced Terry with you piece of shit.

You can put me in the camp of people that really would have preferred to not have had to get a fresh Dax for the final season but if that's why she left I 100% support her. I also really do like Ezri Dax and Nicole de Boer for that matter.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Dude, Wil Wheaton is a liberal fag that missed the point of sexualism that was ever present in Trek. He was a kid. What the fuck did he know. Expressing such is not female oppression. It's one of the problems with modern American society. Such sterilization and homogenation. Being sexual and attractive in itself is not wrong. How others treat you, is. Which is a huge plot point in Enterprise. Yeah, she's sexy as fuck, but she's hyper intelligent, and everyone treats her with respect, admiration even. And her outfits and presentation were of her own choice. Her being T'pol.

The only person who had any issues was Gates McFadden with Roddenberry being a creeper, and asking them to do things they weren't comfortable with.

Terry Ferrell didn't leave on season 6 because of mysogyny or issues with directors or writers, she left because she wanted to spend time with her family. She's said this at every con I've seen her at.

Fuck, I'm sick of seeing this shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also, I'm quite annoyed with Wil Wheaton trying to remain relevant in a world that sees him as the piece of shit liberal fag that he's become, like he actually has a voice or is anyway an influence on modern society. He's just an echo chamber on the static vomit of toxic feminism.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Also that covering-my-no-chin-beard. Beta, please.

wil-wheaton-star-trek-copd-leonard-nimoy-750x480.jpg