Possible Star Trek Next Generation reboot

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
there's some movie playing in theaters May 13th only thats like a look back at DS9, sounds interesting
Atom Tickets – Buy Movie Tickets, Invite Friends, Skip Lines

Director: Ira Steven Behr, David Zappone
Producer: Joseph Kornbrodt, Kai De Mello-Folsom, Luke Snailham
Release Date: May 13, 2019
Runtime: 2hr 10m
Synopsis
Fathom Events and Shout! Factory have joined forces to bring What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space 9 to theatres for one night. Deep Space Nine is described as “dark,” “edgy,” and “the black sheep” of the Star Trek family – a show that did not fit in Gene Roddenberry’s vision of the future. 20 years after it left the airwaves, fans all over the world continue to watch Deep Space Nine with the same affection they feel for the other Star Trek series. Through extensive interviews with cast and creators, show footage presented in HD for the first time anywhere, and brand-new animated storyboards showing what could have been and what still might be, directors Ira Steven Behr (showrunner of the original series) and David Zappone (Star Trek docs The Captains and For the Love of Spock), bring you What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, an in-depth look at this beloved show, its fans, and its ongoing appeal to Trekkers of all ages.

This was pretty awesome, if you weren't able to make it out to see it last night then I highly recommend watching it when its available to buy or stream in Aug.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think i'm tired of hollywood ruining everything I once enjoyed out of spite.

At this point i'm pretty sure that's what it is. Elect trump? Well all your Star Wars and Star Trek is getting farmed out to the people that even WE don't think are good writers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The only way to make Picard work is to have the show be thoughtful, which is not something writers seem to be capable of these days without jumping their own ideological shark.

At best, we'll get TNG movie Picard as a 79 y/o axe-chopping comic book villains just repeating "make it so" every other scene.