RIP Peaches who went 2 weeks ago

peaches.jpg

• 17Solidarity
  • 6Like
Reactions: 22 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely devastated right now. My first cat passed 5 years ago in his sleep while I was at work, so it was sad but not as bad as it could have been.

Yesterday I had to put Amira to sleep. 15 years of her being there every time I came home, and 5 years of her waking me up way too early on weekends and holidays because she wanted her special treat of wet food that I started giving her when I finally stopped having to feed her through a tube in her neck for a couple of months (which some of you may remember me posting about at the time, Gavin even commented that her back patch looked like a ballsack, and I saw it every time thereafter and laughed).

I will miss her jumping up on my lap and immediately falling asleep the moment I sit down in my recliner to watch TV. I will miss her poking me in the side at my computer chair so that I will scoot forward (sitting only on the front edge now) so she could jump up behind me and fall asleep against my back.

I'm not ashamed to admit, I bawled like a little girl while I held her. I will miss my sweet baby girl. RIP Amira.
2017-01-04 17.31.18.jpg

• 27Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 27 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I can't remember if I've posted a pic of her before (I remember one of all 4 dogs... but still..) This is Lacy.
1623626452883.png

Posting this here because after 17 years with Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I she passed last night. A long fight with spine issues (common for Dachshunds it seems) that had her in pain and slowly losing the use of her hindquarters for almost a year now. She slid downhill bad in this last week and we had to make "the call" last night at 2am. She was the best of girls.

• 22Solidarity
Reactions: 21 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So we have a black American Labrador, at least thats what I think you guys call them. We call them Hunting Labradors, a bit more slimmed than the Show Labradors. We got her for free and the breeder gets to take 2 litters within 5 years then she is ours. (Could not find the word for it in english.)

She just had her 2nd litter 3 weeks ago and we decided to buy one of the puppies. It's the left on in the picture, looks dark yellow but might become Fox Red when she gets a bit older, only 3 weeks in the picture.

puppy.jpg

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah the plan to have a couple of years between all ours dogs failed miserably. We had booked a granddaughter out of one of our breeder friends dog but ended up with a daughter the same age as Coco we got last year. Called Rosie just now but thats gonna change :)

rosie.jpg

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the plan to have a couple of years between all ours dogs failed miserably. We had booked a granddaughter out of one of our breeder friends dog but ended up with a daughter the same age as Coco we got last year. Called Rosie just now but thats gonna change :)

View attachment 361087

"Did I hear my own name?"

211153305_314573240376205_7254806396660845111_n.jpg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
cdceb1f6-0a83-45a9-a386-1bdc83853fa2-jpeg.361406
1AB08AE0-5400-4015-AF87-F031DCB72F2B.jpeg

This is my Corgi/Beagle Charlotte. First pics were going for a walk but she’s not sure I haven’t tricked her into a vet or nail trimming visit. Second pics is what she does when she wants belly rubs, not very modest.

Attachments

• CDCEB1F6-0A83-45A9-A386-1BDC83853FA2.jpeg
    CDCEB1F6-0A83-45A9-A386-1BDC83853FA2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 407
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Aazrael

Visited the puppy today. Total chaos with 7 of them running wild. One more week until we get to pick her up!

The yellow one is ours.
puppy2.png

• 12Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It has been about a month and a half since I lost the sweetest cat I've ever known (it is posted up above a bit), and my remaining cat is definitely lonely, so I decided it was time to look for another. Stupid covid has made it hard as fuck to adopt an animal here at least, as you literally have to spam the sign-up link at 9am every day (since you can't sign up before the actual day), and then you have to pick ONE animal to see, but it doesn't reserve it for you so if someone already adopted it by your appointment, you're shit out of luck.

Fortunately I got lucky and fell in love with the very first one I saw. She was absolutely terrified, to the point where they had her on anti-anxiety meds and several people had apparently passed on her because she would half-heartedly hiss at them and cower in the corner. She did all that to me too, but I could tell she was very sweet. Terrified, of course, but still sweet. I just took her home and set her up in my spare bathroom (to keep her from the other cat for now) and she calmed down a lot. This pic she's still in the box, because she quite clearly loves that blankie so I didn't want to stress her out any more. Before I left to come back to work, she was meowing at me with the cutest little squeak, and I was petting her constantly. So she's already calmed down a ton, and she's just adorable. I've got all next week off too, so I'm counting on that to help her get well-acclimated (I honestly thought I'd need to try all week to find the right one, so this was a little earlier than I anticipated, but she'll be fine).

Haven't picked a name yet since I just got her. They called her Rosy at the SPCA, because even if you can't see it well in my pic, she's got a little reddish tinge to her. Oh, and gorgeous blue eyes. 1.5 years old, and 6 lbs. Yes, she's full grown and tiny.

2021-07-13 12.33.08.jpg

• 11Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
She looks adorable. Hopefully she adjusts well!
She's already doing great, all things considered. I've let her stay in the (tipped on its side) box so she has a little hidey hole, but I spent a good half an hour petting her last night where she was constantly pushing her head against my hand if I stopped. She wouldn't come all the way out of the box, but right to the edge. She was purring the whole time too. And not a single time did she even nip at me or grab me with her claws, like a lot of cats will when they are done with the petting or want to pull you closer. She's super super gentle, it is crazy.

My sister tells me she is a Turkish Angora, like her cat that she lost last year. Hers was longer haired, but I do see it when I google it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Not a picture but I thought it would be fun to upload videos as she grows up.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
He's pissed because I put him in jail for trying to eat the bunnies at the petting zoo.
received_518427109577017.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Aazrael

Picked the puppy up on Friday. Was kinda sleepy but after some de-vorming medicine she's a total wild beast again.

As the GF is obsessed with flowers nowadays its named Flora.

20210720_122417.jpg

• 12Like