Powers

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm caught up on this show now too. I'll be hanging in there for it, the pilot was a little rough around the edges but it gets very compelling quickly. Noah Taylor is great and I can't wait to see Eddie Izzard take a more prominent role.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Am I the only person that thinks Sharlto Copley looks like a scrawny dude until he takes his shirt off, I noticed this in Elysium? Not trying to be homo

Devlin

Golden Squire
I'm about 1/2 way through episode 2 and I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

It would be better off on Netflix, it's audience at the moment must be ridiculously small and as this show is based on an ongoing series much like The Walking Dead it shouldn't end up like Heroes flapping in the wind 2 seasons in with no direction.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
Am I the only person that thinks Sharlto Copley looks like a scrawny dude until he takes his shirt off, I noticed this in Elysium? Not trying to be homo
I noticed that too, he must workout alot cause in District 9 he was just a thin dude with a funny south african accent.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I wondered what happen with this. The director, video guy, and a few others were in my neighborhood scouting houses to use. They came in my house, walked to the kitchen, then walked right back out heh.

The scene was suppose to be a murder of some type.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Episode 4 is pretty good. They do seem to be going somewhere with the plot. I also quite like the medical examiner guy who rants about how physics doesn't work with Powers and how angry it makes him. It would certainly be a frustrating situation to be in...

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah that was serious. For some reason this episode was super dark, like the brightness was cranked too low. Not sure what was happening there the rest of the episodes looked fine.

I wonder if Johnny lost his porting powers for good. Bad luck for him porting straight into the Dampener.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Amusing that the dampener has a kryptonite green glow. One might think the existence of such a thing would have serious repercussions worldwide as people have a way to "fight back" and also a cue to a common origin for the Powers.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm still waiting for the rest of the episodes to show up so I can catch up, but I was looking through the IMDB and clicked on the chick who plays Calista to see if I should feel bad about thinking she was weirdly attractive. I thought she might be too young, but it turns out she's almost fucking 30! Christ I'm getting bad at judging ages. In my old age.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 episodes in and really liking it, good job adapting the comic while making it work as a TV show.

Sharlito Copley's accent bugs me though. It sounds like exactly what it is, a South African doing an American accent. Some words just get emphasized weirdly and it throws the whole thing off. But that's a minor thing. The scene in episode 2 with him and Pilgrim finally bonding a little was great. And she's playing the(presumably) combined Pilgrim/Sunrise character well.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Sharlto Copley IS a scrawny dude, just one with nice definition. His overall look as sort of a post-modern ichabod crane was a little offputting at first since I always saw Walker as a very square jawed Clark Kent sort of character if Clark lost his powers and became something of an alcoholic. Sharlto has certainly grown on me. Speaking of South Africa I've noticed a ton of shows filming there in the last few years. They are becoming the Canada of the southern hemisphere (which is hardly a bad thing because everywhere in the universe was looking a bit too much like Vancouver)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The special effects budget for this show must be very low. The scenes of flight were pretty much 1950s Adventures of Superman quality and when Zora used her powers I felt like I was watching on VHS.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah it was pretty bad, but that is also somewhat on the actor to sell it. I thought that Shartlo Copley did a nice job with his body language even with the cheesy sfx.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Why is there no thread for this? Are y'all tarded? Am I?

The trailer is ~meh, but episode 1 is free on youtube and you can easily score the rest without PSN Plus (who has that?). Of course I generally don't access media through its original platform, so its provenance is no issue. Obviously it's got that dude from that movie in it, Sharlto Copley. I'd go gay for him. You would too.

Here is Episode 1.

The season gets better as they slowly escape all the character intro exposition. It's based on a comic series of the same name by Bendis/Oeming. Bendis is kind of a big deal as far as comic writers go, and yes, the comic is quite good.

Somehow, despite my belief that no one actually has PSN Plus, this show is alreadyrenewed for a second season.

If there is a thread for this I humbly submit myself to Dr. Mario's counseling.