Preacher

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Review of the pilot's script with a lot of details:

I've Just Read The Pilot Script To Preacher From AMC . And I Love It.

But Preacher is the one I am actually ecstatic about. The references are bang up to date and relevant, though not just in an "add an iPad" fashion (though they do do that). In this case it's gay marriage, offensive sporting mascots and sado masochism amongst consenting adults. In the way that the TV version of Constantine just ripped the politics out of the original comics, Preacher keeps them in.

It is astonishingly good, more so for being so different from the comic. But not in the way that it feels. It feels like Preacher and dammit, that's all I actually want.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hype mode on - only comic I only really ever cared about - this better not suck or people will feel the Word of God.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The entire premise is really wild. I mean...

... they kill god. That is like the big climax, that god is kind of a dick and they kill him, and we go on without god. No way that gets done with justice in any movie/tv incarnation certainly, but putting it on basic cable is just acknowledging that they have no intention of actually following the story.

I'm not really taking this seriously. When it was HBO I could believe it, AMC though? No fucking way. They optioned this shit based on a cool sounding premise or something, once the network brass gets wind of what is involved here it will be out to pasture again.
I don't know.... When I think about it the take on God in Preacher with him essentially being an "absentee landlord" who walked when shit got too real for him looks eerily like where I bet they're going to head with the next season of Supernatural (They've done the devil, demon, purgatory, angels, the one thing left is "Where the fuck is God?")

Goatface

Ruth Negga Lands Female Lead In AMC Pilot 'Preacher'
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Ruth Negga has been cast as the female lead in Preacher
rrr_img_93212.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I also wonder if they'll do the justice of making God this ego stroking pussy like he is the comics or try and go a more PC route

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, no way in hell they'll be doing that lol. I think they'll keep God how he is in say, Supernatural. He's there, but interaction is minimal and always behind the scenes anyway. I don't think it will cheapen the series to have God as a non-character. Using some random angel as the ego stroking pussy will be equally as effective.

That Saint of Killers though!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't think it would be equally effective at all. The whole point of the thing is god doing everything, from the fall on down, just to get some worship dickin in. Having it be an angel mutes the whole story.

But that is the least of what I am worried about them changing. Not worried even, not really. I am 100% sure they will change like 50-75% of the story and it will be unrecognizable. I just reread the series a few weeks ago. It is so, so brutal even when you take the "Imma kill god yo" angle out of it.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I suppose The Walking Dead has quite a few elements changed but it keeps the spirit of the comics pretty well and has a pretty decent amount of graphic violence. The only thing I can remember from the comics that they dodged was Lori's death scene which I was 100% sure they would pussy out of anyway.

Plus the success they've had with a more adult comic book adaptation should mean they'll be a lot more willing to take chances.

Goatface

8ryBjT2.jpg

will be interesting to see. even with walking dead's popularity, still doesn't see to attract many of the big sponsors.
which could be a good thing for the show.

would be wonderful to see both fox new and msnbc doing weekly spots on how the show is offensive

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I suppose The Walking Dead has quite a few elements changed but it keeps the spirit of the comics pretty well and has a pretty decent amount of graphic violence. The only thing I can remember from the comics that they dodged was Lori's death scene which I was 100% sure they would pussy out of anyway.

Plus the success they've had with a more adult comic book adaptation should mean they'll be a lot more willing to take chances.
The Lori death and the Carl almost-rape were the two scenes I thought they'd duck. They only ducked the previous and I was shocked they had the latter. I suppose I was also a bit surprised they actually killed off the psychotic sisters.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
8ryBjT2.jpg

will be interesting to see. even with walking dead's popularity, still doesn't see to attract many of the big sponsors.
which could be a good thing for the show.

would be wonderful to see both fox new and msnbc doing weekly spots on how the show is offensive
heh yeah, that is one thing. If they stay true to the book, EVERYONE will be offended. That alone would make it great.

Devlin

Golden Squire
heh yeah, that is one thing. If they stay true to the book, EVERYONE will be offended. That alone would make it great.
I have pretty much no faith in the Fox version of "Lucifer" being anything like the comic it's based on.

Goatface

if it on FX it might have chance, anything more adult has almost zero chance on network tv

Goatface

Joseph Gilgun As Cassidy
misfits-rudy.jpg

don't know his work, but looks pretty good for the part