Preacher

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Preacher

Genre: Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2016-05-22

Creator: Sam Catlin, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg

Cast: Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Joseph Gilgun, Ian Colletti, Graham McTavish, Julie Ann Emery, Pip Torrens

Overview: A preacher sets out on a mission to make the almighty himself confess his sin of abandoning the world. With his best friend Cassidy, an alcoholic Irish vampire, his love Tulip, a red blooded gun towing Texan, and the power of genesis, an unholy child born from an angel and a devil, Jesse gives up everything to set the world straight with its creator.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 98561[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Preacher[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-05-22[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A preacher sets out on a mission to make the almighty himself confess his sin of abandoning the world. With his best friend Cassidy, an alcoholic Irish vampire, his love Tulip, a red blooded gun towing Texan, and the power of genesis, an unholy child born from an angel and a devil, Jesse gives up everything to set the world straight with its creator. Written by John Simmons.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Report: AMC Adapting Preacher Comic Book Series Once Deemed 'Too Controversial' for TV - Yahoo TV

Any chance this doesn't get royally fucked up?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AMC has a solid track record when it comes to comic book adaptations for TV, so I'm gonna go with them staying true to that.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It'll get fucked up.

1519148-preacher15.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Goddamn face transplant technology. Perfect arsefaces ruined.

image.jpg

Rime

<Donor>
I am not sure how they can stay true to the source material when they are going to have to censor a large portion of it...

Goatface

it will end up extremely neutered, will be a sad shell of the book.

i think FX pushes the limit a little more for basic cable, but still don't think they would allow half of it.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I don't think a channel like AMC legally has to abide by FCC regulations but they do run the risk of having advertisers withdrawing support. This show is ultra violent and raunchy like someone said and belongs on HBO or Cinemax.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, I don't understand how this can happen. The violence isn't even the part that is going to be most censored. How can you tell a story that you can't actually tell without losing all of your sponsors?

Goatface

not read the book in years...
but would the Grail be that objectionable if the Messiah was just a normal kid?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I don't understand how this can happen. The violence isn't even the part that is going to be most censored. How can you tell a story that you can't actually tell without losing all of your sponsors?
My thoughts exactly. It was always going to be a "I'll believe it when I see it" even when HBO was is talks over it, but AMC? Just don't see it.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Also don't see it. With that said, I think they could pull a decent mini-series or couple seasons out of entire thing, and leave behind some of the wilder stuff.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The entire premise is really wild. I mean...

... they kill god. That is like the big climax, that god is kind of a dick and they kill him, and we go on without god. No way that gets done with justice in any movie/tv incarnation certainly, but putting it on basic cable is just acknowledging that they have no intention of actually following the story.

I'm not really taking this seriously. When it was HBO I could believe it, AMC though? No fucking way. They optioned this shit based on a cool sounding premise or something, once the network brass gets wind of what is involved here it will be out to pasture again.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I could see them covering the spoilered stuff. It'd be controversial, but edgy. It's been a while since I've read it, but I was thinking more along the lines of the (KKK?) runt guy that makes meat figures, and some of Star's sex stuff. The first trade paper back, the one where he goes home and fights his brothers, that stuff would work.

I need to reread it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
AMC could do a bunch of off screen stuff I guess, they have a lot of really fucked up drama to work with between his girlfriend and brothers/supernatural friend. Would love to see the gunslinger in live action too.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database