Predestination Sci fi thriller starring Ethan Hawke

spronk

FPS noob

looks like an even shittier, no-budget version of Looper. "In the future, all our technology is based on the 1800s Steampunk look!"

looks like the studio has no confidence in it either, originally scheduled for March 8th 2014 but pulled out, no US release date for now. Australia release Aug 28

Ethan Hawke, you need to pick your parts better

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
His career really tanked, didn't it. I just remember putting on Getaway and being fucking floored at how terrible that movie was.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It looks like someone combined Timecrimes and The Adjustment Bureau.

YOU'VE BECOME THE KILLER YOU WERE RECRUITED TO CATCH OMG WHAT A TWIST MAINTAIN THE LOOP PREDESTINATION NO WAIT THERE'S ALWAYS A CHOICE YEEAAAAH FREE WILL WOOOOO

Twist ending where what we thought was the use of free will breaking the loop is actually a further layer of predestination.

Stay home, watch Primer.

Goatface

rips for this are out
thought the story was ok, certainly nothing like the trailer.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I remember when they were filming some scenes at a my uni earlier this year.
Always pretty cool seeing specific places you know well

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Why is the chick trying to be so androgynous? Plot, or just like a lesbian on the side not relevant to the story?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's very good and at the end when it said "based on a story by Heinlein" I was nodding my head. Ofcourseit was.

I think you could have taken the opening 30 minutes and do an entirely different movie where Ethan Hawke and Sarah Snook go off fighting time crimes in a style similar to a serious take on Men in Black and it would have been awesome. As it stands I'm still very happy with it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's very good and at the end when it said "based on a story by Heinlein" I was nodding my head. Ofcourseit was.
As the ending music started to play, I saw that line roll, and that was myexactthought.

Very good movie.

Goatface

how so? thought looper was a mess. nothing here jumped out as contradicting to what they were going with.

bazazu

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only issue is a standard time travel paradox...
In that he is influencing his own life and becomes the catalyst for how he evolves. It's the chicken or the egg argument or "it's already all been laid out by a higher power" thing.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched it based off the chatter here, and enjoyed it. Pretty slow movie though, so if you're looking for anything other than a thought-provoking and/or mindfuck movie, maybe wait.

I enjoyed Looper more because of Emily Blunt and more action, but this was a good movie nonetheless. I will never watch it again though, whereas I'll probably watch Looper again some day.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Thought it was a good movie overall. I wasn't a big mind-fuck or anything and I pretty much figured out most of it early on, but focus was kept on the character(s), and the fun part for me was finding out how they came to care/react to the events as they unfolded and tied together.