Predict the Summer 2014 Domestic BoxOffice

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just hope Guardians of the Galaxy turns out really good. If it does, it will open a lot more possibilities for Marvel's universe.

spronk

FPS noob
the mediocre reception that pacific rim and riddick got last year make me doubt heavily anything that doesn't have instant mass appeal to men, women, and kids will be a big blockbuster movie. GoTG looks cool but only really to comic/scifi nerds. Transformers has been shit on so much the past few years I think many people will just wait for the DVDs.

Godzilla definitely has the mass appeal, as does HTTYD and X-Men. I'll be really surprised if it isn't HTTYD, X-Men, and Godzilla as the three top summer blockbusters. I don't see a word of mouth movie like Gravity or Frozen sneaking in this summer.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Judging by the poll Transformers is in the lead. If you look at the previous Box office openings for the Transformers movies they do crazy good.

That will probly be the movie that wins the most money for an opening weekend this year.
I dunno by this time people might be pretty tired of Michael bays shit now.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Instead of screaming "Optimus!" we get "Daddy!" from teen female object 03

Column_sl

shitlord
Updating this thread

Amazing Spider-man domestic weekend was 91 million, 4 million under winter soldier.

That's a very good opening, and may be the winner.

Goatface

Variety"The seventh "X-Men" pic is on track for a $125 million Stateside opening on Memorial Day weekend."
TOP 4-DAY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKENDS
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End $139,802,190
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull $126,917,373
X-Men: The Last Stand $122,861,157

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
2014 has been shit so far

2015 is a jizz worthy movie year

Avengers: Age of Ultron
Star Wars: Episode VII
Jurassic World
Terminator: Genesis
James Bond 24
Mission: Impossible 5
Fifty Shades of Grey (ok, maybe not this one...)
Ant-Man
The Fantastic Four
Minions
That list is NOT jizz worthy.

Jurassic World
The Fantastic Four

Four fairly cringe worthy movies.

Malakriss

Yeah there's a bunch of better things you could have put on that list for 2015.

Taken 3
Fast & Furious 7
Ted 2
Hunger Games 5 Part 7
Seth Rogen/Joseph Gordon-Levitt X-Mas Movie
Kung Fu Panda 3

When you set the low bar as the Fantastic Four reboot you can justify almost anything being above it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah there's a bunch of better things you could have put on that list for 2015.

Taken 3
Fast & Furious 7
Ted 2
Hunger Games 5 Part 7
Seth Rogen/Joseph Gordon-Levitt X-Mas Movie
Kung Fu Panda 3

When you set the low bar as the Fantastic Four reboot you can justify almost anything being above it.
that list makes me sweat in fury.

Malakriss

Why does 2016 look like a direct sequel to 2014? Cap 3, X-Men, How to Train Your Dragon 3, Spiderman 3, another Marvel movie, Planet of the Apes sequel, and Trolls (non-box variety)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think TF will bring a big crowd just because of the cast, Dinobots, and everyone appears to love giant robots blowing up everything.

However, I voted for GoG for some wishful thinking. I'm just not sure if it has the name recognition. Hopefully carrying that Marvel tag will make it happen.

supertouch_sl

shitlord

Jurassic World
The Fantastic Four

Who the fuck isn't excited for the next Jurassic Park installment? The Mission: Impossible movies haven't disappointed and Terminator: Genesis could be good with an R rating.

2014 movies have been pretty underwhelming so far, but the summer lineup looks pretty promising.

Juvarisx

Florida
Who the fuck isn't excited for the next Jurassic Park installment? The Mission: Impossible movies haven't disappointed and Terminator: Genesis could be good with an R rating.

2014 movies have been pretty underwhelming so far, but the summer lineup looks pretty promising.
Why would anyone be when the only good one came out in 1993? I mean maybe if Spielberg was directing again...MAYBE...

oh right you are the troll that liked John Carter, nevermind

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Spielberg directed the second installment and it was probably worse than the third. Colin Trevorrow isn't exactly prolific, but the work he has done is quite good.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The thing that really works in How to Train Your Dragon 2's favor is the fact that this is the first summer in nearly a decade that there hasn't been a Pixar movie. As far as animated movies go, it's going to have very little competition.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Jurassic World
The Fantastic Four

I would only disagree with Mission Impossible. Hate on Tom Cruise all you want, those movies are fun to watch and always try to do something different than the one before it. I try to just treat each movie as it's own parallel universe rather than thinking of them as true sequels, otherwise it just becomes too hard to suspend disbelief enough to enjoy them.

The other ones, yeah, ugh.

Goatface

Mission: Impossible series is ok, most them have at least one, oh wow moment.
won't let myself build up any hype for Jurassic World, Terminator, or Star Wars.