Pregnancy Thread

My right nipple feels like a billion fucking sharp pains right now I want to cut someone.

Prenatal vitamins - no more taking that shit in the morning. Gummies are supposed to cut back on the nausea and yesterday was a bitch. Going to start taking that shit before I go to bed.

On the other hand, the constipation has largely gone away - its just the gas now.

For lunch I had cheddar cheese, grapes (OMG SO EXCITED ABOUT THE GRAPES), and a cupcake. My coworker is like lets go to lunch and all I could think was 'what doesn't have a lot of smells?' so we went to a cheese bar and I ordered a plate of cheddar and the waitress was like 'it comes with grapes and nuts' I'm like dude fuck the nuts please give me twice as many grapes (which they charged me two bucks for but I didn't care). One of the cheddars sucked but I still have parts of the other two (I couldn't eat a lot in one sitting BEFORE being pregnant...now its like I'm lucky to finish a mcdonalds cheeseburger) and some left over grapes - then I got a vanilla cupcake with strawberry icing.

It was the best lunch ever.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Grapes mess with CYP3A4. Have an orange / lime instead, Madam
redface.png
wink.png

Constipated?
Microlax.jpg

redface.png

wink.png

redface.png

wink.png

Pops

It is very rewarding having children. Giving birth is another story. I wish you the best. Going the know the sex route?

lindz

#DDs
There is no way I would have not found out the sex of my kids. The first pregnancy is so overwhelming that I found it so much easier to know exactly what to buy. Just helps relieve some of the stress.

Plus I think being able to do names early really helps you bond with the little creature in your stomach. I think it is so cool that you can start getting a peek at their personality as early as the tummy, recognizing the reasons for them kicking at you and such.

the fuck is CYP3943?

I mostly eat a lot of pineapple.

I love veggies. LOVE them. My parents never had issues getting me to eat them and I think people who need to put things like cheese on broccoli are sad - broccoli is awesome just by itself! But I've never been a fruit person. All I want to eat it seems like is fruit, especially pineapple. Going by the old wives tales about cravings and the chinese baby calendar I'm supposedly having a girl. And to be honest I kinda feel like its a girl. I keep subconciously slipping and saying 'she' and I've had dreams that its a girl. We'll see!

But we're not going to find out the sex. Just fun that way and I've heard that it kind of makes folks who want to gift give give you things you NEED instead of wants. Plus we already have names picked out (family names). Have for a long long time, even before setting a timeframe for trying to conceive.

Lillian or Michael.
smile.png

But for now and until delivery, we are just calling the baby 'peanut'. Peanut gave (haha I just typed her) dad an xmas present - will let you all know exactly what it was after xmas.

smile.png

smile.png

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
My wife's advice is to take the epidural. If you are one of those people that want to "feel" the birth, the doctors offered us a half dose and my wife said she felt everything except the pain.
Or you can skip that and potentially be one of the crazy screaming women scaring all the other pregnant women who arent as far along in the delivery process.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Take the epidural. Maybe then you won't slap your husband in the face for helping you breathe. Then when you look calm he says "doesn't that feel better" and then you slap him. Later you tell him it's because you wanted to slap your mom but the damage is done. The damage is done!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck that shit, for thousands of years women risked their lives in natural childbirth. By going natural you are initiated into that history of our species on this planet. Getting an epidural is like your boyfriend powerleveling up a wood elf druid for you and then you just jump right into his raid guild with no gear once he has you at max level and some poor wizard has to sit so you can pretend you know how to heal or anything else about the game. Yes, itsexactlylike that! Not at all bitter, just saying. Don't be a cheater. Deliver the baby like your great great grandmother did.

crib bedding.

From reading stuff....why would I need a comforter or bumper for the new baby? Seems like add on marketing stuff.

Is fitted sheet plus receiving blanket all I really need and maybe a crib skirt? I might not even need the crib skirt because I have under crib storage in the one that I want.

My MIL gave us a PB gift card - thinking of just getting a couple of fitted sheets a la the below:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...-NoFacet-_--_-

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You should get a mesh bumper, ht yeah those bedding sets are huge wastes of money. Blankets of any kind are just suffocation hazards for like the first year. Mesh bumpers protect your kid's feet and arms from getting stuck in the railing without being a suffocation hazard.skirts are worthless Imo, just something else to collect dust in the room.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Stokke works well - Sleepi Cot, Tripp Trapp chair and Care nursery are very nice. We got them used, never looked back.

lindz

#DDs
You swaddle for the first several months so don't bother with blankets. And yes as Chaos said, bumpers are necessary because as soon as they are not swaddled, or can get out of the swaddle, they will be sticking their arms and legs out.

I started using a regular blanket at about 4~ months, but they were all in a bassinet beside me at that point so I felt comfortable with it. Some babies do better than others about not covering themselves up, you'll just have to wait and see.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
My youngest didn't want to be swaddled when he was newborn but now at 9 months he loves it. But yeah you just use a blanket don't bother with a comforter.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You swaddle for the first several months so don't bother with blankets.
My first loved the swaddle and my second one did not.

Morning sickness: you should sneak some Diclectin in from Canada
smile.png

Supplies: You can't have enough wipes, diapers (of all sizes - just start stockpiling them), receiving blankets, and facecloths.

Feeding: You gonna be a teat nazi, or are you open to pumping and/or formula? Costco has mega cheap formula.

smile.png

smile.png