Pregnancy Thread

Edited first part out per tarrant.

Back on topic - has anyone played around with a fetal doppler monitor? I go back and forth between 'sounds cool, want' to 'sounds like a way to get frustrated, do not want.'

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My wife had one for about a week Etoille before every single thing that "didn't sound right" freaked the fuck out of her and she threw it away.

yeah thats what I'm afraid of
frown.png

frown.png

Nunzasaur

Trakanon Raider
As far as diapers go I will tell you this buy the target brand ones they will save you a shit ton of money, we have tried just about every brand with our 15 month old and those things handle his big shits better than any of the name brand ones have.

Ps: If you have not gotten a baby monitor stay away from ones with a camera unless you wanted to be turned into some sort of crazed worrying maniac anytime you travel without it. The wife wants to check on him every 15 minutes whenever we go to visit family because she cant see him sleeping its crazy.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Keep conversations civil here, getting infracted or banned because we cant act like adults in a single forum on the board would be a shame.
I'd prefer a rickshaw of the offender rather than editing their posts.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I'd prefer a rickshaw of the offender rather than editing their posts.
Yeah, this is a bad direction to go. Millie pulled that shit too, and that's not what we want to go down. There's no reason to delete/edit out posts. If a warning is insufficient, they can spend some time in the shaw.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They get a couple warnings, a 3rd sends them to the shaw, I don't want to be a dick about things and only care to send to the shaw is they are going full retard constantly. It's been decided that editing out content in posts causes less issues and is what mods want to so I am just following that.

Just talk about the discussion topic at hand in an adult manner and there shouldn't a problem, it's not overly hard and this is the only forum on the whole site where you have to do so.

At any rate, sorry for the disruption to the topic.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Edited first part out per tarrant.

Back on topic - has anyone played around with a fetal doppler monitor? I go back and forth between 'sounds cool, want' to 'sounds like a way to get frustrated, do not want.'
They don't work at all unless you buy the medical grade one for $600. Save your $20.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They work, just very badly. The one we bought caused us to panic when it took like 30 minutes to find the heartbeat. We would have been in the ER except that my wife could feel movement. They are huge pieces of shit, terrible purchase imo. We never used it again after that one night.

They work, just very badly. The one we bought caused us to panic when it took like 30 minutes to find the heartbeat. We would have been in the ER except that my wife could feel movement. They are huge pieces of shit, terrible purchase imo. We never used it again after that one night.
Yeah ok that seals it. Thanks guys. Ima pass.

lindz

#DDs
Have to post this because it is my 7 month old's absolute favorite food. She likes "eating" with us at meals but doesn't like purees so we have tried a bunch of finger foods - baby puffs, bananas, avacado, etc. She'll eat them all, but not a huge fan. I hit the jackpot with these ones however, she just gobbles them up.

1 cup of baby's fav fresh fruit, pureed
2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt

Blend pureed fruit and yogurt. Line a cookie tray with wax paper. Fill an icing bag (or ziploc baggie with the corner cut off) with the mixture and place dime sized dollops onto the cookie sheet. Put the cookie sheet into the freezer until firm. Store the frozen yogurt drops in a freezer bag. Serve to your baby frozen.

Most babies can have yogurt at 6-8 months, but you can always check with your pediatrician first.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Huh. I will try that. So you just put them in a little bowl in front of her and she grabs them on her own and eats them?

I also have a 7 month old daughter. She's a very good eater, pretty much eats whatever we've tried but we havent done finger food.

I also wanted to do that strainer thing that you can put fruit and stuff in and they basically suck it out as mush. My 4 year old loved that thing.

rrr_img_2207.jpg

rrr_img_2207.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I nazi-modded this thread to be the pregnancy thread aka Etoille's personal blog & advice on how to deal with your fat pregnant wife thread.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I also wanted to do that strainer thing that you can put fruit and stuff in and they basically suck it out as mush. My 4 year old loved that thing.
rrr_img_2207.jpg
These things are awesome - great for foods that would otherwise be choking hazards. Also worth their weight in gold for their ability to hold ice cubes during teething.

rrr_img_2207.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So far we've been lucky when it comes to morning sickness but Saturday was rough for my wife... she only got out of bed to throw up all day
frown.png

frown.png

grimshaw_sl

shitlord
First trimester sucks. Second is the best IMO. Usually no morning sickness, woman is more often than not horny as hell with all that extra blood running around and not too big to be uncomfortable. Third trimester similar but the size of the baby starts to get annoying for sleep+sex+general comfort.

My wife did 32 hours labor without epidural, only reason she got it was because she needed assisted delivery (he was upside down) and they were considering c-section given how long had passed since her waters broke. Epidural is known to increase your risk of tearing + all interventions (forceps, ventouse, c-section).
Wife was perfectly happy laboring through the pain and would have done it all natural until we found out he wasnt gonna come without intervention given his position.

Silver Knight of the Realm
Last time I congratulated was on MN and probably not seen, so grats again on the podling labybro.