Pregnancy Thread

So.....waiting to find out the sex was totally the right call for us....on Friday July 12 at 4:43pm after 8.5 hrs of induced labor and 13 mins of pushing, we were blessed to welcome into this world a son 19.5 inches long weighing 7 lbs and 7.5 oz.

Leaving out lots of details which I can post later.

Im so in love it almost physically hurts.

lindz

#DDs
Congrats on the little boy Etoille and welcome to the mommy club! It is quite the life changing experience.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Congratulations
smile.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Well, that's me. My wife is still on maternity leave, so she's taking the brunt of the nighttime feedings and screaming fits, while also still having to pump. I bet she hasn't slept more than 2 consecutive hours in the last 2 weeks.

Not looking forward to teething, around what age does that start?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's different for every kid. My oldest started getting teeth at 3 months, my oldest started at 9. Not every kid reacts the same way, either. Some take it hard, some you barely seem to notice. Of course with breastfeeding, your wife will definitely notice.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
5 hours and 3 hours consecutively? You lucky, you. We're teething :S
Haha that's where we are right now. Just as he starts sleeping through the night and we're like, at last sleep! Nope, now little dude wakes up in the middle of the night screaming and I have to go get his frozen rings for him to gnaw on. 4 teeth down, too many more to go =/

lindz

#DDs
Sleep when they were little was never a problem for me. My trick? Nurse in bed. I would go get the baby, bring her to bed and fall asleep while she nursed, go put her back to bed 15 minutes later. I would do the whole think while never fully waking up so it was never really bad. The third didn't sleep through the night until she was a year old though so by then I was getting pretty tired but overall nursing in bed really saved me plus it pretty much never woke my husband up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pregnant chicks have to eat a lot, is she ready for that?
I already said she was chunky before, I think she's got it. I think you are stalking me at this point, I will not assault you though because then you are legally obligated to shoot me.

Sleep when they were little was never a problem for me. My trick? Nurse in bed. I would go get the baby, bring her to bed and fall asleep while she nursed, go put her back to bed 15 minutes later. I would do the whole think while never fully waking up so it was never really bad. The third didn't sleep through the night until she was a year old though so by then I was getting pretty tired but overall nursing in bed really saved me plus it pretty much never woke my husband up.
sleep is starting to get better - we turned the corner on the bilirubin levels yesterday after a third blood draw so eating has been really awesome since wed nite which I think helped on about 20 levels. visit with the lactation consultant was really productive. I was really beating myself up. Milk also fully came in late tues. My.boobs.are.HUGE. Holy mother of fucking god. I'm so much more comfortable when he eats a ton.

In other news....pregnancy=best diet ever. I just obviously STARTED the bf'ing phase and I'm over 20 lbs down from myprepregnancy weight already.

Product plug - aden anais muslin swaddles. I think we talked about swaddle mes early in the thread or another version of the thread - I bought two of these 4 packs and we use them NON stop. They make versions for babies r us, buy buy baby, target etc - get the ones in my link. They're bigger and the thread count is higher (read, softer).
http://www.amazon.com/aden-anais-Cla...+anais+swaddle