Pretentious Super Taster Fancy Dancy Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Made reservations for Quince next month. I'm amped. The dishes look like delicious art displays. This will be the most expensive restaurant I've ever been to.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This place sounds interesting. Peruvian food is some of the best.
Yeah I am excited. Its one of the better restaurants in the world according to some rankings. Going to do this one and then some hole in the wall mom and pops place during my two day stay in Lima.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So my Quince experience was on Friday. Food was excellent. Best sea bass I've ever had. They had this pumpkin pie topped with caviar that was phenomenal. However, we were by far the youngest people there and felt really out of place in such a fancy setting surrounded by rich old people - many of whom seemed to do this type of shit on the reg. We were happy we did it, but I don't think it's something we would ever do again. Bill with tip was almost $900 for the two of us. Even though many of the portions were tiny, we felt horribly stuffed afterwards. 12 courses really adds up.

Sea bass and caviar pumpkin pie:
sea bass.jpg
caviar pumpkin pie.jpg

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice, Alex. We went to Quince and Benu on back to back nights when we were on vacation in SF/Sonoma/Big Sur last year - Quince was definitely the highlight of the two. Benu leaned a little more heavily Asian (though we got Geoduck in both places) than I liked. The ambiance at Quince was much better too. Benu was way too bright and minimalist inside the restaurant.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Went to this sushi spot in Sonoma with the trifecta fancy sushi roll. Otoro tuna roll topped with uni and caviar. That was a lot of flavor.

nLvpHlnYpV92i861Vpg57lDXAzENHOLWgybqfXD8QuwvIlJqy4m2CBnrsoqC5iHQWnE5y1E6rbcQK4rhNVlskgPgfu5OsixyyyQI9DdIKd7cND53z057xnwybhApkWc8iDVPyStgVdBfNCnQt0zrA0gAy9TCTR25WbF6ZykBxkn64vwJ40marwBD_dp0WMlVeqAiZNqPH9KXW-0RPRpMCRXuwTrvsOGPxSTUxK5y1Xm9YvPBCVTJ77pC76RHn1sM9WwCpy35Sh1H_DOIl6jQ2L4DfNqgPK1j11ECgkvpQfjQw4OmkeL7O2bdh8jKRPUJ6P_bBJIQAwXb6z5VKFK9tDhpBAexbY2d8ZAELCJ6Q2QMhHBMsSWsRYA_G4e8wooX6PRYVnQmtWQhtoXurLlK7x0cjJ4MItluOAgaLDTEyu5Yd8ZxFHMxAV_BwPrtcb3FXdBwkaYtt0aZpjoyXMNtNP7oFwXqrNQhQkBcFKB14jEk5jI3HTFgi3q4HCUzQ7Al4p4LMojkht4v6LjN7fD7ntpmp16egXKm9P_mDxnCM4cz_c94CCFkexEpMnmQCvXSRMjfGkhex2PWqYVffPwJBayYN_CxB2Cvf2NenW1fPODR8Xr8bhfAP6wZO0fQizPeSKqNLQGdrHA_y5L5aEsA6zgYVB-6H5c=w1210-h907-no

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
So my Quince experience was on Friday. Food was excellent. Best sea bass I've ever had. They had this pumpkin pie topped with caviar that was phenomenal. However, we were by far the youngest people there and felt really out of place in such a fancy setting surrounded by rich old people - many of whom seemed to do this type of shit on the reg. We were happy we did it, but I don't think it's something we would ever do again. Bill with tip was almost $900 for the two of us. Even though many of the portions were tiny, we felt horribly stuffed afterwards. 12 courses really adds up.

Sea bass and caviar pumpkin pie:
View attachment 161697View attachment 161698
Imagine blowing enough money for a years worth of pizza rolls on a single meal.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
this is an elite thread for the foh mega wealthy class maybe when you get some yang bucks you can spend money on frivolous things
I'll never go to one of these Michelin five stars again after the last one threw me out for demanding they serve me their finest pizza rolls in a champagne flute.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The sushi situation in SE Montana is such that I'm actually excited about this...

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
lol sushi roadshow and crab rangoon is pictured

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll never go to one of these Michelin five stars again after the last one threw me out for demanding they serve me their finest pizza rolls in a champagne flute.

I'll never go to a five Michelin star restaurant either. Since the scale tops at three.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Maybe if you learned to order correctly you savage. They're called Calzone Petit.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users