Prey - scifi/horror game by Arkane

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tauntworth Tauntworth , thank you again for the heads-up on this. I have all five characters unlocked now and am still absolutely loving my time spent on the moon. Per your advice, I have all but ignored the KASMA side-bounties, and yet... and yet... I somehow already have 21 of 27 KASMA bounties completed, inadvertently, just through the general course of gameplay.

Trying to avoid accidently completing the rest prior to completing the story objectives, but don't seem to be doing a very good job, lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha good to hear, drmandolin drmandolin ! I think for me the last character I finished was the Volunteer and it was getting his kid's toy. So if you haven't done his yet maybe wait to do his last. Although he's the most powerful character if you stack him up w/ neuromods. Can always just bail on teh mission and intentionally fail or kill yourself so that you force-fail the objective.

Also, not sure if you know this but you can stash weapons and stuff from previous runs in your bot. REALLY wish I knew that for the first 20hours. At least during the time period that I was playing, even if I died, it stuck around inside the bot. Same if you switch characters on the particular play session. So say you play the engineer, stash a bunch of shit in the bot (or even trashcans I think), and load up say the Volunteer next, you can pull that stuff out.

Good luck on completing it man! Put more hours into this DLC than anything besides Witcher. Rather surprising gem

Goonsquad Officer
I really hope they use this engine and setting to make more games. zounds of story telling potential given it's alternate history, weird alien menace, and inherently "secret" nature of the company/research.

• 1Solidarity

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couple more questions... after a lengthy delay away from home (endless bloody travel for work), back into Prey trying to finish Mooncrash!

I'm at the point where the last KASMA objective is the group escape - so this is it. However, twice now I've had a character escape by the skin of his/her teeth, only to have them be killed seemingly as an afterthought. First time was Joan the Eng. Make it to the shuttle, epic time battling back a technopath, get her in the cockpit, fire it up and then bam. Her head explodes.

Same thing just happened to my Andrius (volunteer) character. Stage 5 corruption, technopath in the escape pod launch bay. I make it inside the pod, close the door, insert the key thingy, start the launch sequence, then bammo - my head explodes. Thought it was a bug, but twice now? Different characters in different locations?

Is there a way to know a technopath 'has you'? I don't recall any indication other than taking a ton of damage. Then once in safety I start my victory dance, only to have my head explode as I'm escaping. I've evaded plenty of technopath previously, both here and in the base game.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know it's a necro but NoClip always does good stuff and somehow Prey made its way to my top10 games. For some reason I just love everything about it. Looks like NoClip has a documentary lined up for it. Here's the first part.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I know it's a necro but NoClip always does good stuff and somehow Prey made its way to my top10 games. For some reason I just love everything about it. Looks like NoClip has a documentary lined up for it. Here's the first part.

I was subscribed to NoClip for a while until they had Zoey Quinn on in a supportive light a couple years ago. It may be stupid and stubborn but they get a hard pass from me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was subscribed to NoClip for a while until they had Zoey Quinn on in a supportive light a couple years ago. It may be stupid and stubborn but they get a hard pass from me.

Ahh gotcha, I've no idea who Zoey Quinn is. Gonna refrain from googling to avoid contracting the same contempt, hehe.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Ahh gotcha, I've no idea who Zoey Quinn is. Gonna refrain from googling to avoid contracting the same contempt, hehe.
I really liked their documentaries and style. I just didn’t like that they took sides in the culture war when all their other content is about video games and game development.

• 1Solidarity