Prey - scifi/horror game by Arkane

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apparently now that Mario Kart sales are sliding it's charting at #1 for sales in the UK. Apparently a rarity for Bethesda games. (just Fallout 4 the article claims)

Top 10 UK Sales Chart: Prey Makes It To No.1 In Second Week

Hopefully that's a good enough indicator (yea the time of year isn't the most competitive I'm sure though...) to have Bethesda greenlight more.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Apparently now that Mario Kart sales are sliding it's charting at #1 for sales in the UK. Apparently a rarity for Bethesda games. (just Fallout 4 the article claims)

Top 10 UK Sales Chart: Prey Makes It To No.1 In Second Week

Hopefully that's a good enough indicator (yea the time of year isn't the most competitive I'm sure though...) to have Bethesda greenlight more.

Problem is, they do not give out unit sales do they? I didn't see any. Considering Rocket League is 5 on that list, I would be wondering how many actual units are being sold.

Vaclav

Problem is, they do not give out unit sales do they? I didn't see any. Considering Rocket League is 5 on that list, I would be wondering how many actual units are being sold.

Yea, that's what I meant by the time of year caveat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, some group named Baldman is claiming to have cracked this.

Yeah it's legit. I was playing it last night for a while. I think I'm really gonna enjoy this game. Reiterating the System Shock vibe everyone else has mentioned.

• 1Like

Vorph

It's the "IGN - 4/10 (ahuehuehuehuehue)" version of the game that they cracked though. I figured people would have the sense to hold off until the beta patches stopped rolling out daily[ish].

Vaclav

It's the "IGN - 4/10 (ahuehuehuehuehue)" version of the game that they cracked though. I figured people would have the sense to hold off until the beta patches stopped rolling out daily[ish].

From a critique Forbes wrote on how bullshit that case was it doesn't sound like his game-ending bug was remotely common, keep that in mind. Not sure if the PS4 version was ever plagued with it or it was unique to one format, but I know anecdotally I never bumped into it myself - but if it's as rare as Forbes said, it probably won't hamper Asm's playthrough.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, I heard it was happening to less than 10% of people who had purchased the game. His 4/10 has been changed to 8.4 now as well.

Vaclav

And holy fuck, reading an article about what some of the earlier plans for Prey (2017) were going to be I just got gobsmacked by something I can't believe I missed.

There's a secondary character named Danielle Sho. Didn't dawn on me that it was a perversion of Shodan until the article mentioned it. Usually good at spotting that sort of shit too.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Game's fun although super easy, you don't even have to use alien powers. Combat focus, upgraded shotgun or the golden gun and you walk over the Nightmares. Not a huge fan of the ending, it once again feels like there should be a sequel but I doubt we're going to see it.

Vaclav

Game's fun although super easy, you don't even have to use alien powers. Combat focus, upgraded shotgun or the golden gun and you walk over the Nightmares. Not a huge fan of the ending, it once again feels like there should be a sequel but I doubt we're going to see it.

Heh, try doing a "No Needles" trophy run. Holy shit...

But yea, Combat Focus and Shotgun are amazing rape together if you're not doing No Needles. Especially once you can make Upgrade Kits and Neuromods to "powerlevel" ASAP. (And I'd suggest max upgrade stun gun as well for another portion of the game - since a late game common enemy is pretty resistant to the shotty)

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the Technopaths are pretty annoying without the Stungun but just completely helpless if you hit them once with it. Obviously the game is harder if you don't get any perks at all but honestly that just sounds tedious.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The game wasn't even being developed as Prey till Bethesda stepped in.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The game wasn't even being developed as Prey till Bethesda stepped in.
I was hoping when Bethesda acquired Arkane it would result in higher quality modern interpretations of classic games. Hope truly does spring eternal...

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm enjoying it so far. Played it for around 6 hours, just went on my first space tour. I try to explore everything. I could also never be a streamer. It'd be horrible to watch. I loot all the things and when full, I run back and recycle, completely breaking the flow of the game. Also run around setting up any turrets that are around before I open any new door. Killed a lot of mimics that way.

Not playing on nightmare though, only on hard or whatever the option above it was. Seen some streams of nightmare, and you don't get the shotgun ammo recipe there? I think I got it from the locker in the office along with the named shotgun. Not lacking ammo for anything so far.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought this game was pretty great. I played a human-only run and only realized in the last few hours of my playthrough that I had to right-click in order to activate Combat Focus... I had been hitting my "5" key the whole rest of the game and thinking it was pretty mediocre and maybe I hadn't upgraded it enough :confused:. I'm not sure yet how I feel about the ending yet.

• 1Like

Vaclav

I thought this game was pretty great. I played a human-only run and only realized in the last few hours of my playthrough that I had to right-click in order to activate Combat Focus... I had been hitting my "5" key the whole rest of the game and thinking it was pretty mediocre and maybe I hadn't upgraded it enough :confused:. I'm not sure yet how I feel about the ending yet.

Yea I did the same with CF the first time around a while - then I activated it by accident one time and then a light went off with "HOLY SHIT THIS IS INSANE". I think they explained abilities better when you first got an Alien one, but the lack of explanation with going Human only for CF was pretty apparent to me as well.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was about to start this up again and play through with human only and noticed new achievements added semi-recently. No official news on what it is, nor is it in the steam store yet, but can likely expect new DLC. Maybe come e3 we'll find out more?

prey achievements.png

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picked up Mooncrash TODAY!

Tried to play and realised I desperately need to go back and re-familiarize myself with controls/weapons, lol. My god, just dying repeatedly within 30 seconds.

• 1Like