Prey

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well... the males were ninjas, too. well except for the ones that got insta-gibbed. but naru's brother, the war chief i think? dude was flipping around all over the place, so it's hard to argue that she was the best fighter, by the time she faced the predator down, he was severely wounded and it basically just came down to her outsmarting him on several occasions.

i read somewhere that the movie told the story through action, not dialogue and while that seemed to be true, it also seemed kind of boring because of it. don't get me wrong the action scenes were done really well, but i just flat out didn't care about anyone. the ONLY person to get ANY kind of character at all was naru, and all it was is that she wants to hunt but a couple of people tell her she should probably do something else. that's it. that's not hyperbole, that's fact. there aren't even any cliche'd tropey characters because they are all too blank for even that.

i'm not saying that a predator movie should be shakespeare or something... just that i'd like to find some reason to feel something when a character lives or dies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
I liked it, second best Predator movie which is all I wanted. And yea she wasn't like super Mary Sue or anything, the Predator was pretty fucked up she just used her wits which was nice.

Considering I didn't have to pay anything it was def worth while

• 1Like

Cybsled

That’s good because in the lore, Predators consider humans to be the ultimate “soft” prey (xenomorphs are ultimate “hard” prey). Not because we are strong or more skilled, but because we are clever and devious as fuck. Beating a Predator by tricking it works - no one beats a Predator in a “fair” 1v1

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wait were predators always that strong? I thought they were a little better than peak human strength. Hand to hand with a grizzly and lifting it over its head? That is nuts.

Oldbased

> Than U
Wait were predators always that strong? I thought they were a little better than peak human strength. Hand to hand with a grizzly and lifting it over its head? That is nuts.
What, you don't think multiple head shots/clubs, arrows sticking through him all movie long and massive lacerations seemed plausible?
Never tell a bitch she can't hunt. She'll make Arnold look like a tranny.

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea nah, Armold was way better at it then her. Arnold pretty much fought an unhurt one, this one was fucked up and it lost its visor. Also the gun she had was the one given to Danny Glover in Predator 2, so my guess is they finished her off at some point since they got it as a trophy later

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

The one in Predator managed to string up those skinned dudes by itself (if i remember right they were all up by 1 rope) in the first one so its possible I guess

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The one in Predator managed to string up those skinned dudes by itself (if i remember right they were all up by 1 rope) in the first one so its possible I guess
It picked up Arnie, by the throat, with one hand in the first one... If I remember right.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What, you don't think multiple head shots/clubs, arrows sticking through him all movie long and massive lacerations seemed plausible?
Never tell a bitch she can't hunt. She'll make Arnold look like a tranny.
I know they are tough/resilient bastards but the force required to punch a grizzly unconscious is nuts. Got to rethink all those who would win in a fight now.

good movie though, worth watching.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

100% after 33 reviews. Finally a good Predator sequel (yea i love Predator 2 but its nowhere near as good as the first)

Sounds like the took the best part of the first film (Arnie solo vs Predator) and expanded that into a film.
I remember watching Predator with my dad on HBO when it was released on the channel, and he was always very good about recording movies, and I rewatched that tape over and over.

When Predator 2 came out, I got to go out opening weekend and watch it, and I was blown away. The reference to the Aliens / Dark Horse comics universe blew my mind as a kid, and at the time it was one of the greatest movies I had ever seen.

I think I've stated it in the past that the most comics I ever collected when I was young was all of the Aliens and Predator stuff from Dark Horse. The last decent Predator movie was Predators, and although just rehashing things, I thought was at least enjoyable and well done. Rodriguez is a great director, had a great cast, and likable characters. But there have been better stories in the same vein told throughout the comics, and it will be very hard to top my expectations, including the premise of this movie.

This looks like a pile of garbage. I'll end up watching it at some point because I can't criticize it if I don't see it, but my expectations are extremely low. I guess if it is a surprisingly good film, I'm happy to eat crow, and will add it to my collection. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to be the case, but I would be thankful to be proved wrong.

Edit: catching up and I guess it's available on streaming? Where can I watch it because the wife's out of town and I might sit down and watch a new shitty Predator movie tonight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is this meant to have English subs for the French and Comanche parts, because turning them on my download just has the foreign subtitles

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
Synopsis for this movie should be like, Indian girl gets told to get back in the kitchen, but fuck no, she's gonna kill a predator.

They really went up to 11 with the stereotypes and the sexism.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

j00t

Is this meant to have English subs for the French and Comanche parts, because turning them on my download just has the foreign subtitles
no. i turned on subtitles pretty quickly because i thought they'd show up but it doesn't actually translate anything. but the dialogue doesn't matter at all in the movie, so it doesn't really matter

j00t

Synopsis for this movie should be like, Indian girl gets told to get back in the kitchen, but fuck no, she's gonna kill a predator.

They really went up to 11 with the stereotypes and the sexism.
yeah i absolutely disagree. not that that wasn't their intent, but there wasn't enough for the characters to even be cliches. literally every scene where she's told to get back in the kitchen is in the trailer.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
no. i turned on subtitles pretty quickly because i thought they'd show up but it doesn't actually translate anything. but the dialogue doesn't matter at all in the movie, so it doesn't really matter

Yeah, but it's annoying when you pirate a movie and they never come with subtitles for foreign parts. And at first you're always left wondering if it's intentional. I have high school level French so could understand those parts - but even that is a strange creative choice; let's include subs for the foreign parts but not actually translate them

This was ok, only 1h39mins so not a significant time investment and doesn't drag like recent MCU movies. I missed how she somehow tricked the predator into shooting himself though.

The low tech pre shoulder cannon predator was a decent touch

Last edited:

j00t

Yeah, but it's annoying when you pirate a movie and they never come with subtitles for foreign parts. And at first you're always left wondering if it's intentional. I have high school level French so could understand those parts - but even that is a strange creative choice; let's include subs for the foreign parts but not actually translate them

This was ok, only 1h39mins so not a significant time investment and doesn't drag like recent MCU movies.
yup i'm with you. i understood why they wouldn't translate the french stuff because the comanche at that point would have so little experience with french that they wouldn't understand it outside of context clues. but they also kept switching back and forth from english to comanche and didn't translate that either so it absolutely felt like i was missing stuff instead of it just being an editing choice.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Movie was nice. Beautiful scenery. Lead girl had charisma. Yes it’s a powerful girl but it was fine. Haven’t seen 1 or 2 in many years. Not a big fan of the franchise, but this was good. This was better than most stuff Marvel has done in the last few years.

• 1Garbage

Juvarisx

Florida

This was ok, only 1h39mins so not a significant time investment and doesn't drag like recent MCU movies. I missed how she somehow tricked the predator into shooting himself though.

The low tech pre shoulder cannon predator was a decent touch

The visor controlled the cannon so she shot it

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
I enjoyed the movie, the final fight was a bit goofy and I still don't fully understand what happened but the visuals of the movie were great, there was very little dialogue, the action scenes were well handled (the big mid movie action scene kept her in center and had very little cutting, so no Taken style 99 cut fence jumps here) most of the people acted competently and believably and I think the overall message is one FOH should really get behind.

The message is that when foreigners come to your country you need to kill them immediately, whether they are stinky Frenchmen or Predators or Mexicants. No quarter given, no leniency, just kill em all. Good positive message for a 2022 movie.

Satti (the dog) was the star of the movie and best character, but I liked the lead and her brother. Good stuff, she wasn't a Mary Sue but constantly failed but kept trying which I admire in anyone.

For anyone wondering if the dog survives the movie or not
The dog lives!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users