Prisoners (2013)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Really liked this one. And I can't stand Jake Gyllenhall (flashbacks of Donnie Darko), but he was great in this. Particularly all of his facial tics.

Szlia

I thought they overdid it a bit with the blinking. I mean he could not spend 3 sec in the frame without blinking.

I put it in a spoiler, because if you read that and then see the movie, it's the only thing you'll see!

supertouch_sl

shitlord
When my friends and I would do a lot of coke we'd start blinking like that. Jake Gyllenhaal acted the shit out of this movie and it's probably his best performance to date.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
When my friends and I would do a lot of coke we'd start blinking like that. Jake Gyllenhaal acted the shit out of this movie and it's probably his best performance to date.
sorry, no. his best performance was brokeback mountain, which he was an oscar nominee for. second place was probably zodiac, but this was a great performance and probably his third best film. he was also really good in the good girl. actually, he's a really good actor. have no idea why he gets such a bad rap.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still thought his best was jarhead. He's been great in most things though, redition, zodiac, end of watch ect. He's been on a pretty good roll lately

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I thought it was pretty good, but not great. Felt very similar to Mystic River but not as good.
best quote to represent the movie.

and yea... the blinking...

weakest performance was terrance howard, no wonder they got don cheadle to replace him as warmachine.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
How come nobody saw/talked about this movie ? It was incredible...
we had a whole other thread on this movie. i think i actually started the thread on it (maybe)? anyway, i said it was a great surprise and was probably the best movie i've seen this year in the theater.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Terrence Howard left Iron Man because he felt he wasn't being paid enough.
Terrence Howard is full of shit, he had no deal contract at all and got well paid for Iron Man, then when everyone and their grandmother got mad about Iron Man becoming a top money movie franchise he complained about not getting paid enough, and then he tried to force producer Avi Arad's hand going apeshit like "without me Iron Man is nothing, I want deal contract like Downey Jr has or I'm leaving and your shit will sunk !" Then Arad basically said "whatever, let's hire another black good-looking democrat actor" and Howard got fucked in the ass like a little bitch. Even his former PR agent advised him to not force anyone hand, but he thought he could change the rules. Bitch, when your name ain't first, just take the money and go to work.

He didn't leave Iron Man. He got replaced because he was an arrogant cunt who thought he could force studio producers to pay him the same kind of deal Downey Jr had with IM2/3. They called his bluff, and he lost. Back on topic, I liked him in Prisoner, he most of the time looks genuine. He's a decent actor, but he should let his agent / PR guy do the leg work.

Column_sl

shitlord
This is the first time I hope
they do more stories with Jakes character Loki.

Hes like a dumb version of L, but I want to see more of the detective that has solved all of his cases

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Awsome acting.
Loved the pace of the film. Nothings was being rushed and am glad it broke the 1 hour 30 minutes golden rule of movies.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Just finished it, what a great movie. Was on the edge of my seat for what must have been two hours of it. Pretty much every one of the main cast was brilliant, and the supporting cast did a pretty damn good job as well.