Pro Tip's for Preparing for Agnarr

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Great post Mur, I'll mimic that as a dwarf pal I think. Any experience with BBM and surrounding areas like the above post?

No Idea. I have never really played any Dwarf or Elf characters.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've heard that a lot of the newbie exp quests were very nerfed. Watch out for that

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I've heard that a lot of the newbie exp quests were very nerfed. Watch out for that

Yes, don't do them expecting to get exp worth a shit. Do them for items to sell or faction for the most part. Some items will be helpful if you are just taking the slow road. ex: 30 turn ins for the Grobb fire beetle eye quest will not move your exp bar more than 2-3% if that. But the faction is nice, and you'll make 3 plat off of the random "gems". 30 turn is used to get you a level or more.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
For anyone starting in Freeport, the "Going Postal" quest is still worth doing for some groups. Quest XP has been nerfed to the ground so this isn't anywhere close to as good as it used to be, but if you run a full group and do the Freeport, Butcherblock (Siltria Marwind @ Docks), Kaladim, Felwithe deliveries to Kelethin you'll go from level 1-2 & earn 24gold each (144 gold ~== 14.5 plat for a 6 man group). If you bind in Freeport you can do the run all over again. The xp is even worse at level 2, but you'll end up with ~29 platinum & have skipped the need to level in newbie areas at all. You can buy all your spells up to ~ level 15. This is especially good if you are running mages, as you can buy all your pet spells & mage nukes needed for the first 15 levels or so and 250+ malachite.

It's too bad they nerfed quest xp so badly. This got me to almost level 4 on phinny and I was able to go straight to north ro with all my spells and a ton of malachite. Still though, it's not the worst idea.

If you do end up doing this, you'll want to make hotkeys for "/say kelethin", "/say Travel to Ocean of Tears", "/say Butcherblock". There will be quest NPC like crazy when the servers open so having the hotkeys setup will make your life easier.

Also, last thing to keep in mind. If you do end up doing this, you'll want to be all together before doing to turnins or the xp won't be worth it. You get group experience off each others turnins. Running it just solo will end up being a waste of your time but doing it as a group can really make your life easier. If you do want to do this, I recommend running it at least once on Lockjaw or Ragefire so you know where the npcs are and how to make the run.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
For anyone starting in Freeport, the "Going Postal" quest is still worth doing for some groups. Quest XP has been nerfed to the ground so this isn't anywhere close to as good as it used to be, but if you run a full group and do the Freeport, Kaladim, Felwithe deliveries to Kelethin you'll go from level 1-2 & earn 18gold each (108 gold ~== 11 plat). If you bind in Freeport you can do the run all over again. The xp is even worse at level 2, but you'll end up with ~22 platinum & have skipped the need to level in newbie areas at all. You can buy all your spells up to ~ level 15. This is especially good if you are running mages, as you can buy all your pet spells & mage nukes needed for the first 15 levels or so and 250+ malachite.

It's too bad they nerfed quest xp so badly. This got me to almost level 4 on phinny and I was able to go straight to north ro with all my spells and a ton of malachite. Still though, it's not the worst idea.

If you werent friends with Shelston I might marry you irl <3

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Great post, doubt agnostic DE's can run that?

I wasn't sure, so I just tested with a Dark Elf Agnostic Enchanter, and unfortunately the dwarves, high eleves & wood elves are all KoS. I suppose in theory if you had some way to invis it would be possible, but you're just not going to have this luxury at lvl 1 on server up. Also, I edited the original post as I missed a few things that make this easier, I also missed the elf you get a letter from at the butcherblock docks, so you can get a bit more xp & gold out of this quest then I originally posted.

And lol Korrupt Korrupt .

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I feel like if the newbie zone mob changes to nektulos stick then starting as a DE is a bad idea anyway? Just convert everyone to humans since there's 100% class overlap.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Freeport is pretty tolerant, I don't think you are kos most places, even the roaming knights anymore, as de/nec/inno. Running nek to fp is a really short run if your only worry is the starting zone.

That said, if going iksar eventually anyway, it doesn't matter what starting race you are.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I find starting with the tongue and slowly working one finger in is a good first step.

EDIT: Whoops. Misread thread title.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like race change potions are available from day 1 as well. I'm like 99% sure changing your race automatically puts your bind point in the commonlands EC tunnel. While this would be a very expensive option, and not particularly useful for the majority of classes, if you, say, wanted to play a Barbarian shaman but your premade was in the commonlands area, you could roll an ogre shaman, race change, kill yourself and now you're a barb in the commonlands.

I guess it would be a decent option too if you couldn't suffer through leveling as a human :p, or wanted the halfing exp bonus or something.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like race change potions are available from day 1 as well. I'm like 99% sure changing your race automatically puts your bind point in the commonlands EC tunnel. While this would be a very expensive option, and not particularly useful for the majority of classes, if you, say, wanted to play a Barbarian shaman but your premade was in the commonlands area, you could roll an ogre shaman, race change, kill yourself and now you're a barb in the commonlands.

I guess it would be a decent option too if you couldn't suffer through leveling as a human :p, or wanted the halfing exp bonus or something.

Don't sell yourself short my friend, that run from halas to EC is a right of passage! A barb in the commons on day 1 shows how badass you are.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Don't sell yourself short my friend, that run from halas to EC is a right of passage! A barb in the commons on day 1 shows how badass you are.

Indeed! Now that you can bind in the tunnel it's even better. Just get your neck item before you do the run, for that undead bane weapon, then hit up befallen like a boss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah race change binds you to commonlands tunnel, done it a bazillion times.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah race change binds you to commonlands tunnel, done it a bazillion times.

So if race change potions are available on day one they might be worth buying just for the free trip to EC?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not worth it to me, but probably worth it to some people for meeting up with static groups asap.

Biggest issue was always getting my spells as a Barb shaman.

tenor.gif