Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Is there a time the servers are expected up for Velious? 12:01am?

Haven't seen any specifics... This is not a red troll fyi. Lol

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
as far as i know there hasn't been a word about the specific time the launch will happen.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
For the launch of Kunark they actually did an event where people had to kill a certain number of mobs. Once that was done they unlocked Kunark.

Yes, they likely will start an event primetime Saturday like 5pm est. Whenever it concludes the raft will pop in Nro.

Siliconemelons

I kind of feel bad my accounts are getting all dusty, and likely remain so once Vel drops :-( but I just cant part with them!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Mine are (stupidly) on the same accounts as my accounts on other servers or i would have got rid of them awhile ago.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Still cant get myself to login even though Velious is coming. Shit just took too long, prolly would've played the shit out of it 10 years ago or whatever time it was when kunark was a year old.

Still cant get myself to login even though Velious is coming. Shit just took too long, prolly would've played the shit out of it 10 years ago or whatever time it was when kunark was a year old.
Well velious is a raider's expansion so really no mystery why you wouldn't be pumped for it

If I wasn't raiding I really couldn't possibly care any less about velious. Non raiders won't see velious fruit til 2017

Siliconemelons

Well velious is a raider's expansion so really no mystery why you wouldn't be pumped for it

If I wasn't raiding I really couldn't possibly care any less about velious. Non raiders won't see velious fruit til 2017
True but Vel was the first time there where a good 3-4 tiers of "raid" content or at least "something to do"... even on live the "high playtime" guilds - players always got the first and best- but even if your a guild that just has set nights to "raid" or whenever nightly players reach raid numbers- there is almost always SOMETHING they can go putz with, PoG Mini's and clearing, Dain - Thurg Guards.. Lord Bob, Giant farming, plate cycle...

True but Vel was the first time there where a good 3-4 tiers of "raid" content or at least "something to do"... even on live the "high playtime" guilds - players always got the first and best- but even if your a guild that just has set nights to "raid" or whenever nightly players reach raid numbers- there is almost always SOMETHING they can go putz with, PoG Mini's and clearing, Dain - Thurg Guards.. Lord Bob, Giant farming, plate cycle...
i agree with all of this, and also im forgetting that velious means 200 ish people in Rampage & TMO will suddenly be further from Classic/Kunark content. So there'll be a greater chance to raid those mobs. Inny, CT, Draco, Sev, Fay, Gore, Nag, Vox, Talen, some of VP

Siliconemelons

i agree with all of this, and also im forgetting that velious means 200 ish people in Rampage & TMO will suddenly be further from Classic/Kunark content. So there'll be a greater chance to raid those mobs. Inny, CT, Draco, Sev, Fay, Gore, Nag, Vox, Talen, some of VP
True, gods will always get attention for epic reasons, but quickly replaced epics will reduce the demand on a few such as SK and Pally.

Big velious targets also require more time commitments then current targets- while I know guilds have become very efficient at taking down VP in record time- things like PoG and NToV (esp once perma root is added) require quite a time dedication to saying "THIS is what we are doing." and that's that- rather than - oh we are in VP and CT pops- lets race it over then jump back-

Kunark raids, outside VP will hold little allure as "easy" and almost "always open" stuff is heads and shoulders better in terms of items- Kael plate cycle and PoG clearning and mini's net you sets of armor that replace 90% of BIS Kunark gear and get you ready to venture more into Velious- so as an objective or as a path to an objective velious does offer ALOT more in and of itself than Classic AND Kunark combined offer.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
We were able to AE/stunlock all the mobs in PoG before the river on beta, but everything past that didn't like to get stunned much. Clearing for Tunare will still be a long undertaking even on P99.

Siliconemelons

We were able to AE/stunlock all the mobs in PoG before the river on beta, but everything past that didn't like to get stunned much. Clearing for Tunare will still be a long undertaking even on P99.
the "upper tier" mobs in PoG (leg, BP...arm?) mobs should be substantially more annoying to clear en mass than the flux wolves, horses and bears...so it seems that is indeed how it is.

Clearing is not "that bad" if you use the mini bosses to pull for you and have an insane raid (you know like, you did on live!) numbers and you utilize your hybrids and off healers well... 2-3 bards 4-6 knights with a shaman or druid each and your 1-2 warrior cadre with your standard cleric crew- as long as you are organized and have ONE assist caller you can move from mob to mob to mob REALLY fast... its just ya, know...you cant have 50% your raid AFK.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What are you talking about. People still have 6-7 full geared 60s to sit logged out at those spawns.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
EQ PVP is fun as fuck with 2boxing.

I LOVED playing VZTZ where you can run up to a group of 6-2boxers while you and a friend are just playing 1 char each. You totally annihilate the group of 6 while they are frantically figuring out how to 2box in pvp.

Mad lulz. People who cry about boxing in pvp are the same people who can't even pvp to begin with.

Come to think of it, VZTZ 2009-2010 was the BEST pvp server ever.
Lettuce be cereal: VZ '99-04 was the BEST pvp server.