Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I looked into Sirken and Ephis trades and such to players when I was overseas and just trying to work on rmt shit. They both gave a shit load of plat to random/same players. Also the random unbanning of RMT accounts by both of them. Add in the fact that it was Sirken whotalked Amelinda into rmting out and bragging about it to me, and having Derubeal on staff doing his shady shit in front of everyone, I decided to peace out. I personally don't think Rogean is living off RMT money from the server. I always got the impression he didn't give 2 shits what happened on the server due to burn out from being on the project for so long. He was always a cool dude, he just surrounded himself with a inconsistent and really lazy GMs(Sirken/Amelinda).

I think the worst part of it all is that I picked Ephi and Derubeal to be on staff. I had to really fight for Derubeal since Rogean was weary of some dude posting his dick picks in RnF section. They both clearly became good friends while talking about Stargate for 16 hrs a day though. So Rogean promoting him to GM is his fault! You guys can thank me for them being on the staff in the first place.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I enjoy the server and give 0 fucks about staff profits, in fact I hope they make a ton of $$$ and use some of it to improve the server.

The deru thing was a shitty move tho. He could have made money in more then one better way. Stripping people that rightfully deserved permbans and selling their items?

Who cares.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hope they give big Haynar a large cut.

That guy put in some serious work and is incredibly smart and dedicated.

I really can't stress enough how much he helped make the red server a more classic experience. It went from pretty much garbage to something that actually feels like a classic PvP server.

He's a good enough guy from what I can tell to do this work for free to keep the experience alive tho.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Haynar is an idiot who pushes in code without testing and it almost always has to be rolled back until another dev can fix it. See Sebilis mobs falling through world for a month, or when he fucked with the aggro code and just sitting near a mob being fought lost faction, or the idiotic attempt at forcing classic gamma by using their DLL to fuck with people's DirectX settings.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is it just the guy making money off this that's pissing people off? Really seems like there has to be more to this because that doesn't seem unreasonable to me

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Least he does things and often its big fixes too.

I'll take a bad day of mobs thru world every once in a while for the stuff he's done.

Good on him for trying to make night time actually dark. Telin had some ideas using black fog emitters which was close but maybe it had issues with infra/ultra vision.

Need pitch black night time and a muzzle for the whiners when they get it right.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Honestly he should make money if he can do a better job than DBG. If he's selling gold for money and shit I'd be a little peeved but fuck it let him make the money especially if he is really using a site called penispumpjobs.com

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Haynar is an idiot who pushes in code without testing and it almost always has to be rolled back until another dev can fix it. See Sebilis mobs falling through world for a month, or when he fucked with the aggro code and just sitting near a mob being fought lost faction, or the idiotic attempt at forcing classic gamma by using their DLL to fuck with people's DirectX settings.
this is true, but its my only complaint about him. that, and he got pretty peeved when i suggested that P99 start a player-populated test server.

he definitely isn't in it for the money, tho, because he's doing a ton of work for The Al'Kabor Project, and they're not making a dime over there.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
You know, it's kind of funny about what happened with Greengrocer and P99. Yes he's exposed some things - none of them are important though beyond Derubael. I mean really, do any of you believe that a website has a value on it - especially one named fucking penispumpjobs? If Rogean really wanted to cash out, he'd sell the eqemulator.net domain to advertisers so they could profit off of ad revenue of people visiting EQEmulator. Donations go towards more than just monthly hosting, including hardware and also the server costs for PEQ, EQEmulator, EZ, TAKP, and a bunch of other projects that are hosted under that location.

Derubael was removed almost a year before anyone even know about it, so obviously he was removed as soon as his activities were discovered. I don't see how that implicates Rogean, if anything it shows his desire for integrity. If Greengrocer had Skype logs proving any sort of RMT conspiracies, it would have been one of the first things he posted. Posting the rest of the logs at this point only acts to harm player/GM relations.

I'm not sure why so much hatred is directed at Rogean either. Every single staff member, including his beloved friends on the staff team (Hey, I'm not giving names but there are people who despised him on the staff - and I'm not talking Braknar. They have more people than just him.) brought concerns up and Rogean kept giving him chances. Eventually nobody wanted him there and Rogean had no choice but to remove him. Rogean actually wanted him there because he actually got shit done, even though they didn't always agree. Again not naming names and Greengrocer is not a bad guy - except for how he handled his removal publicly.

Also I'm sure any decision to remove a staff member would have to be agreed on by nilbog as well. Rogean is just the person that has to actually remove all the access and stuff, I don't think it's fair to lay full blame on him.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Secrets, it sounds like you've never gotten to get a nice cut of dem RMT monies.

I'm sorry. I really appreciate all the work you've done through the years, even when you were a bit more batshit crazy.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
You know, it's kind of funny about what happened with Greengrocer and P99. Yes he's exposed some things - none of them are important though beyond Derubael. I mean really, do any of you believe that a website has a value on it - especially one named fucking penispumpjobs? If Rogean really wanted to cash out, he'd sell the eqemulator.net domain to advertisers so they could profit off of ad revenue of people visiting EQEmulator. Donations go towards more than just monthly hosting, including hardware and also the server costs for PEQ, EQEmulator, EZ, TAKP, and a bunch of other projects that are hosted under that location.

Derubael was removed almost a year before anyone even know about it, so obviously he was removed as soon as his activities were discovered. I don't see how that implicates Rogean, if anything it shows his desire for integrity. If Greengrocer had Skype logs proving any sort of RMT conspiracies, it would have been one of the first things he posted. Posting the rest of the logs at this point only acts to harm player/GM relations.

I'm not sure why so much hatred is directed at Rogean either. Every single staff member, including his beloved friends on the staff team (Hey, I'm not giving names but there are people who despised him on the staff - and I'm not talking Braknar. They have more people than just him.) brought concerns up and Rogean kept giving him chances. Eventually nobody wanted him there and Rogean had no choice but to remove him. Rogean actually wanted him there because he actually got shit done, even though they didn't always agree. Again not naming names and Greengrocer is not a bad guy - except for how he handled his removal publicly.

Also I'm sure any decision to remove a staff member would have to be agreed on by nilbog as well. Rogean is just the person that has to actually remove all the access and stuff, I don't think it's fair to lay full blame on him.
I'm mad at Rogean because I lost my emu and my email won't reset it
frown.png
But I suppose that's different. Haven't had my emu for like, 3 years now? :3

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People here don't like Rogean because at the beginning of P99 he defended his buddies who were in whatever guild getting GM secrets and favors and acted like no one was corrupt. Then we got logs of Guides getting tells from their besties saying they wanted so and so camp and that guide showing up and saying the person there was training and booting them so their friend could have it. And Rogean just put his fingers in his ears and fled the boards like a little bitch.