Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Crell_sl

shitlord
I just saw a level 9 rogue with his epic, wth.
I'm not sure why it's even allowed. I don't remember epics being able to be on anyone sub-46 back in Kunark on live. Could be very wrong, and I have zero proof.

Rogue epic is easy, and the MQ sells for like 40k. So it's not hard to get. Saw the VS stone MQ for my druids epic going for 400k
frown.png
Only piece I need for my leaf blower.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
MQ doesn't work for anything except the J boots quest. Unless they changed it, or I am wrong. Which happens. Dunno jack about druids either so..
But they did say that they were not going to code MQ into everything. Said they'd have to do it to each individual pixel or somesuch.

I'm talking about true MQ not selling scales or things like that. Gonna quit while I'm behind here..

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Very wrong.

Pretty much the only way to even get your epic in most cases is to buy an MQ from the local poopsockers, The Mystical Order.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Then why is the market so high? People seem greedy
The server seems to have a big split. Some people are extraordinarily nice and giving. Others are very greedy (and more than just the few dedicated traders from back in the day). Combine that with the past RMT problems, the long time Kunark has been out and perma camped, and people seem to have a lot of money in their coffers.

I also suspect the fact that accounts are free and basically unlimited, people hoard a lot.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
EQ, specifically P99 economics shows you exactly why capitalism sucks; the panic factor.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Very wrong.

Pretty much the only way to even get your epic in most cases is to buy an MQ from the local poopsockers, The Mystical Order.
Cool. Did they do a bit more coding for the epics? Been awhile since I quit.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Uhg, starting this up again. Having a blast. Level 9 cleric named Abbandon. Over in Faydwer right now. Hit me up if anyone wants to group or if anyone has any newb gear/pp they want to share.

sadface_sl

shitlord
Decided to jump into this with a group of friends... All the "hype" from EQ:N made us nostalgic. Not sure how long we will stick it out, but so far it's been fun. We all started on Faydwer and plan on hitting Crushbone later tonight, hit me up (Pandu) if anyone is in the neighborhood.

Oh yea, and does anyone know where I can buy a damn backpack on this continent? All I can find are sewing kits that cost way more than what I have.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Decided to jump into this with a group of friends... All the "hype" from EQ:N made us nostalgic. Not sure how long we will stick it out, but so far it's been fun. We all started on Faydwer and plan on hitting Crushbone later tonight, hit me up (Pandu) if anyone is in the neighborhood.

Oh yea, and does anyone know where I can buy a damn backpack on this continent? All I can find are sewing kits that cost way more than what I have.
If you're in Kelethin, there is "Packweavers Goods" on the platform right next to the Bard guild, which is, if you're coming up the POD lift, the first left, across the bridge. Packweavers is on your right-hand side.

The Muze_sl

shitlord
Made it to 10 on my monk last night. Lost about a bubble experimenting with how to get myself into Freeport as an Iksar. It was not happening. I think the only way is going to be to get a Druid to group wolf form me in and then turn in some belts. Or wait until I can take some guard hits and FD flop my way to victory.

I haven't kept up with the earlier parts of this thread, but it feels like there is a good wave of new players joining the server. I guess other people are hoping on the nostalgia train because of EQN? If anyone has spare belts and doesn't care about the faction shoot me a tell in game. - Yyuck

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
even before all the EQ:N hype there was typically a steady stream of new players. there's always groups going at the Orc camps in EC, Oasis, Crushbone, Nybrights in LFay, etc

average server population this summer has been more than twice what the average was last summer when i started up here.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
Just started back up. Have a barb shaman (Mehlchiades) and iksar monk (Quickscale). Think i'm going to work on the Shaman first...but not sure. Any low levels near Halas or the Iksar home city?

sadface_sl

shitlord
If you're in Kelethin, there is "Packweavers Goods" on the platform right next to the Bard guild, which is, if you're coming up the POD lift, the first left, across the bridge. Packweavers is on your right-hand side.
Thanks! Made my way over from Steamfont and picked up a few.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Whoever laughed at me for saying I wanted level 17 on friday. Spot on, I only just dinged 13 last night.

Its slow going but its fun as hell.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Whoever laughed at me for saying I wanted level 17 on friday. Spot on, I only just dinged 13 last night.

Its slow going but its fun as hell.
In basically a few days of play I've made it to 19, including quite a few deaths. No twinking, I'm in starter gear. No power leveling. EQ still has some magic. It's a shame SOE changed the game so much from the original design.