Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Haven't played this week cuz my inlaws have hijacked my spare bedroom which houses my PC
frown.png

They leave tomorrow morning though /party!

I concur with this. Ogre SK is the best tank for group oriented content on p99, IMO. The stat bonuses of Ogres are not trivial in this era; it's not just the stun immunity. He'll also have clarity always available, which is important for hybrids. (standing regen) The exp penalty for that race+class is rather significant though.

Spells just aggro more on p99 than they did, (or melee less) which makes warriors worse there. I played a lot of eqmac recently after leveling a warrior on p99 to 55, and my tank on eqmac has a much easier time holding aggro. When my group's tank went SK on red99 from warrior on blue, the difference in effectiveness was not small.
agro is retarded on eq mac btw, i had to actually try to steal agro from my pets when i rolled a mage.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a FBSS on an alt they wanna lend me?
If I still knew my login and knew my guy wasn't being played anymore, I'd give you all my shit. Do you ever see Eyashusa online? it isn't me, but just curious. Not sure if the guy who I gave him to, Xasten, made it from FoH to morenutz to this forum.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
If I still knew my login and knew my guy wasn't being played anymore, I'd give you all my shit. Do you ever see Eyashusa online? it isn't me, but just curious. Not sure if the guy who I gave him to, Xasten, made it from FoH to morenutz to this forum.
If you figure it out send me a PM
wink.png

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Haven't played this week cuz my inlaws have hijacked my spare bedroom which houses my PC
frown.png

They leave tomorrow morning though /party!
My Shaman just hit 28.. Catching up to your Druid.

5000 Forest Giants later and still no freakin Forest Loop. Argh for rare drops.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Well if you don't get some there is always burning wood to look forward to, they are not that rare there if you can clear the fort reliably. I must have vendored 20 of the things leveling my necro.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Well if you don't get some there is always burning wood to look forward to, they are not that rare there if you can clear the fort reliably. I must have vendored 20 of the things leveling my necro.
Or the giant fort in Frontier Mountains, you can do 30-40 there if you really wanted.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Xasten posts on the project1999.org forums a lot, his screenname there is Frieza_Prexus

Xasten_sl

shitlord
I'm here. Your guy is currently my Nag / Vox alt. Elethia and I VP keyed him and picked up several drops and have stacked him out pretty well. He's currently carrying a full set of MR and FR/CR gear with a Ragebringer + Razor Fang of Xygoz. If you're interested in coming back to play serious or just to putter around on the character, let me know.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Waiting on the shuttles in Butcherblock to go get my Breeze spell! Wooo wooo. I can remember the very first time I took these very shuttles way back in 2000. What a rush it was when I came up on that giant friggin ship.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Where are you doing your 20's at? Warslik woods? Is that a decent place for a Necro to go from 26 to 29? I'm doing Aviaks now, but just not feeling it, too many people come and snipe blues but leave greens to clog the spawns. But not really sure of another decent 25-30 zone that's conducive for solo/duo. (After 30, I remember everything--lol, but these 5 levels always gave me trouble.)

From what I remember, it's Aviaks SK, OOT sisters/dwarves, Warslik and is there anywhere else that's decent? Someone said everfrost, but I don't remember that being such a broad level range.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Where are you doing your 20's at? Warslik woods? Is that a decent place for a Necro to go from 26 to 29? I'm doing Aviaks now, but just not feeling it, too many people come and snipe blues but leave greens to clog the spawns. But not really sure of another decent 25-30 zone that's conducive for solo/duo. (After 30, I remember everything--lol, but these 5 levels always gave me trouble.)

From what I remember, it's Aviaks SK, OOT sisters/dwarves, Warslik and is there anywhere else that's decent? Someone said everfrost, but I don't remember that being such a broad level range.
On my necro I went to oasis for orcs/crocs when I got bored of sk then rathe mountains for undead then I switched to giants when I out leveled those. Giants weren't overly camped when I was grinding on p99, don't know what its like now. Kunark is the best bet for faster leveling though, Warsliks to OT or Iksar outcasts in swamp for the 30's. If you can get a group together Dalnir is a lot of fun mid 20's if you don't mind some danger.

Most people group in Frontier Mountains mid 20 as far as I can remember though.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider

I ran into the same problem trying to do Aviaks in SK, ended up doing Warsilks Giants . Easy pulling / xp and chance to get some words/pp from items.

Sinnes_sl

shitlord
This exp rate sure is a trip down memory lane =) Having a good time. Anyway if anyone has a small amount of plat to give a fellow Rerolled'er i would greatly appriciate it, for spells and such. Selling bone chips and bat wings is harsh..

Nick Torskelina (HUM Magi, hanging aroung EC)

Gecko_sl

shitlord
My flight path so far through 35:

1-15 was Grobb, Ro, Oasis

15-20 was Kurns

21-28 I visited the Lake and OT quite a bit.

25-32 was mostly at the Giant Fort in WW

33-35 so far has been OT, a group in Kaesoria, and some Cyclops in Rathe Mtns.

I just hit 36.

No power leveling, I was given maybe 20 plat, and everything I'm wearing I either bought or farmed.

At 29 I think the best and safest experience are the Cats and undead near the Windmill in LOIO.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i soloed 24-30 on my necro killing goblins in Highkeep basement. if you pull the goblins up one floor (to the room between the goblin room and the merchant miner room), you can fear them and they will just run around aimlessly.... neither going down a floor nor up a floor. was getting like 6% a kill when i started doing it at 24.

i don't think this is considered a pathing exploit, because there still is considerable danger on fear breaks. i died quite a bit. was still worth it though, such fat EXP per kill.

i could have kept doing this right up until level 35 i think, but i moved to South Karana at 29 so i could start farming Gnoll Hide Lariats.