Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Like others have said, the majority of people are awesome and will gladly help. I must have bummed clarity and sow 50 times. Multiple times people have turned down my paltry 5pp donation too.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
new patch todayPatch Notes: Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 - Project 1999

mostly PVP changes... the biggest Blue changes i see are that they finally fixed the Bearskin Potion Bag (which got broken three months ago), they un-nerfed tracking, and they fixed the Enchant Metal spells so that they require a gem for the enchanting.

the price of Dark Elf and High Elf cultural armors just went WAY up.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
let the bonechip looting begin.

rrr_img_45993.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
you're on red? nice. i've got a baby paladin i've been playing on and off on red, just got her to level 18. maybe we can go rape some undead once you get within grouping range of her.

Silver Knight of the Realm
So from everything I've read, don't expect to be a badass unless you're willing to batfone/poopsock your way to glory, and don't play a hybrid. Sound about right for p99?

I've been thinking about giving it another go. Have a mage at ~16 with some noob gear, would level him for farming shitty giants/seafuries to bankroll a shaman or cleric or something.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ya... Mage is pretty poop 50+ unless you get epic... And as discussed above, GL with that.

Neither a cleric or shaman need any bankrolling. Don't waste your time with the Mage.

Also, good luck securing a sea fury camp. Shits perma camped from what I hear.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
1) Wis or Int casters don't need bankroll. I'm a cleric in cloth solo and doing fine.

2) Roll on Red

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
its actually not always that bad out there. i've taken my warrior out there a bunch of times, and was able to pretty much chain pull seafuries when soloing. i could see maybe a bard, a necro, or a mage getting bored out there, but for my warrior's solo kill rate.... was just fine.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
In addition to the EQMac bonuses, red has its own bonus.

A Ogre SK on red levels as fast as a woodelf druid on blue in terms of xp per kill currently.

Elerion

N00b
I'd give my left nut for some jboots on the blue server. Let me know if anyone wants to hook a forumpal up with ~6k plat.

Silver Knight of the Realm
"Your last OOC message was not delivered."

Red do pretty aight aside from not being able to talk to people apparently.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Ya... Mage is pretty poop 50+ unless you get epic... And as discussed above, GL with that.

Neither a cleric or shaman need any bankrolling. Don't waste your time with the Mage.

Mages are fine over 50, plus there are far fewer of them playing 50+. There are hordes of Shaman and Clerics on P99. Good luck finding gear for them. Early levels for those classes are just brutal compared to any caster. While I leveled, I lost count of the number of super twinked Shaman out there, too. I can count the amount of twinked mages on one hand. Plus, caster gear is decently priced and far easier to get.

I haven't seen Escapegoat on recently but over the last month Seafuries have been permacamped. Quaid is spot on. Three times this week I went out to OOT and there were 3+ epic equipped Shaman out there, with nary a fury lasting 30 secs undotted.

The problem with rolling on red is PVP isn't really EQ's strong suit. Plus, at max level how does one compete with those who have farmed a ton of gear and raided? P99 has a lot of people and is nice for casuals. Plenty of groups and a decent, albeit highly inflated, economy. The teams server has potential if they set it up more along the lines of DAOC.