Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"Your last OOC message was not delivered."

Red do pretty aight aside from not being able to talk to people apparently.
you need to get to level 10 to chat in global OOC on red.

it wasn't always that way, though.... but trollers haven that red is, you can imagine the chaos that went on in OOC when anyone that got silenced/banned could just start up a new free account, roll a level 1, and continue trolling

I haven't seen Escapegoat on recently but over the last month Seafuries have been permacamped. Quaid is spot on. Three times this week I went out to OOT and there were 3+ epic equipped Shaman out there, with nary a fury lasting 30 secs undotted.
dang, what times of day do you head out there? i suppose seafury island probably goes through phases...

i can do pretty long pulls on Escapegoat (150range bow + 150range arrows = longest pulls in the game), maybe that helped me snag stuff before others could tag it.

Silver Knight of the Realm
Cloth trumps twink.
Big Numbers goin smart broseph, already in full patchwork from pro tailoring skills.

I never thought to ask, what's the ruleset for this server? I know it's +/- 6 (asked someone that much, anyway), but item loot or coin only or what? I looked around a little, but info posts about the server are useless as fuck in that regard.

Edit: Wiki page (didn't think to check there first derp) answered my question. Unless it's wrong.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Big Numbers goin smart broseph, already in full patchwork from pro tailoring skills.

I never thought to ask, what's the ruleset for this server? I know it's +/- 6 (asked someone that much, anyway), but item loot or coin only or what? I looked around a little, but info posts about the server are useless as fuck in that regard.

Edit: Wiki page (didn't think to check there first derp) answered my question. Unless it's wrong.
It is +/- 8 at the moment. Coin loot only, no exp loss from pvp kills.

They're tweaking resists and balance issues atm, with the new dev Alecta. Kind of view the red server as the test server for the future Teams/Sullon Zek server, with which it will be merged at some point anyway.

Mine only dinged 11 =/ Spent too long working on tailoring and smithing and killing extra greens for spell coin

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think you gave me all your gear when I started my rogue three years ago or so (during Fish Bait heyday) when you were quitting. I owe you. Post or PM me your name and I will give you some plat.

edit: oh wait you are on Red? nevermind. Let me know if you go back to blue.

I think you gave me all your gear when I started my rogue three years ago or so (during Fish Bait heyday) when you were quitting. I owe you. Post or PM me your name and I will give you some plat.

edit: oh wait you are on Red? nevermind. Let me know if you go back to blue.
S'all good mang, somebody had given that ish to me. I lucked out again yesterday, was given a nice club and a couple of pieces of leather to help me get started.

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I'm releveling an SK. I had a 50 troll SK but my brother sold it. Wish I could get him back but the guy who has it now said i'd have to "pay a lot". Since everything I had was on that account I am just starting over =/

Currently level 16 SK named Asmoth.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i hope you went iksar
wink.png
velious is supposed to be coming out very soon.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
been around P99 for a year and a half

the tone of the dev posts has changed a lot in the last month or two. they've been dropping some pretty big hints that Velious is going to be out within the next few months.

i consent that i definitely could be holding my breath for nothing, though.

Tulain_sl

shitlord
After velious maybe they can focus on patching in older code for correct spell particles, sky, water, etc for the era they're recreating? I can only hope. that would take some time and talent though

Crell_sl

shitlord
After velious maybe they can focus on patching in older code for correct spell particles, sky, water, etc for the era they're recreating? I can only hope. that would take some time and talent though
I just remember when they got the boats working, and the old school skeleton models (even the dark boned skeletons) working. Made me happy.

Got a 60 druid ready for SoV, should probably at some point work on my enc alt or just make a ogre shaman for SoV farming. (enc sucks for SoV farming, but can still dominate Kunark). Kinda wish I could finish up my druid epic before SoV release, but that would require a VS stone (last part I need), and THAT would require either joining TMO or donating a kidney to get the plat to MQ it.

And besides, still having fun with FFXIV. But it's going to be hard not to come back when SoV drops.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
From what it sounds like still very little people playing Red99. Has that changed at all?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
From what it sounds like still very little people playing Red99. Has that changed at all?
Well, people are simultaneously less and more apt to invest time into red atm.

Alecta, the new PVP Dev is a badass. Fixed a TON of shit, and more big plays to come.

Theres alot of talk about a PVP teams server (new server, that red would merge into in like a year) so alot of people don't want to invest time into the "old dead red box" with a fresh, superior one otw.

My take is, with all the exp bonuses, I leveled a SK, from 0-15, solo, yesterday afternoon, on Odus.

Make an Erudite/Human/Halfelf something, own BB, horde like 300 gnoll fangs and turn them all in and you'll go from like 11 to 30. Bust the rust off your PvP skills etc for Velious and Teams server season. Either way that character will merge with blue or teams at some point so its not a waste. Just pick something that *can* solo.

Aside from the usual suspects (Enc, Necro, Druid, Wiz, Mage, Shm, etc) people are essentially giving away gear and help to people rolling Clerics. As a result, I quit my cleric, because I was in a 5 healer group the other day, and low/mid level groups lack melees. Likewise, theres tons of Ranger loot rotting. If you have any inclination of playing a ranger, here and now is the time. (Unless you really want a Guise, then wait for teams server). Make a level 20 bitch magician and run him to where your Ranger is and ground transfer summoned bags with summoned arrows and xfer them and bow kite red con giants all day son, with more exp per kill than a Halfling Druid has on Blue currently. Free Swarmcallers and Woodsman Staves and shit.

High level PvP is frequent. Low (yard trash in unrest level) pvp happens, mostly twinks. Mid level grouping (30-40) and pvp is almost non existent.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
100+ people during prime time. for a server that doesn't allow multi-boxing, thats pretty good imo.

the EQ Live Test server might have 300+ characters logged into general chat, but how many of those are 6 boxes? etc.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I will probably try Red then. I have been stuck doing 100% travel work for the last year but they are getting ready to relocate me and I had planned to come back to EQMac and Vintage. But that's gone Red sounds okay Blue raiding sounds horrible. The only thing is I have not played Eq PVP since like Rallos circa 2002. I will be awful at it. I prefer to play melee generally also which is awful on such a low pop non boxing server. I might have to try a ranger like you mentioned but they are pretty bad at pvp are they not? Pallys, SK's, Wizards, Bards are what I remember being nasty.