Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Also, the variance changes really are puzzling as they cater to the neckbeards and RMT crowd, really.
pre-variance, there would be 200+ people spread across 5 or more guilds sitting at the spawn point of every raid target getting ready for it to pop. this led to lots of drama, of course. variance was implemented not to make things more fair, but to make things more difficult.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pre-variance, there would be 200+ people spread across 5 or more guilds sitting at the spawn point of every raid target getting ready for it to pop. this led to lots of drama, of course. variance was implemented not to make things more fair, but to make things more difficult.
Yeah but now instead of actually sitting at the raid target, they just camp out one of their 5 max geared alts and wait for that batphone.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah but now instead of actually sitting at the raid target, they just camp out one of their 5 max geared alts and wait for that batphone.
Enabled of course by the buying and selling of accounts. You could buy a 60 rogue for about 2 fungi tunics if he was primarily stripped. Just gear a few of those out and boom, you've got trakanon / faydedar /vox / nag alts.

edit: and of course those who were farming tunics in early early kunark, the return was insane for such an easy 2 mannable camp. Then there's poor ragefire getting his head beat in every day for like 2 years straight now...

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if it's buying accounts so much as it's the fact that Kunark has been out for 3 years and wtf else are people supposed to do but level alts?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know if it's buying accounts so much as it's the fact that Kunark has been out for 3 years and wtf else are people supposed to do but level alts?
Probably both, but you're right, kunark has been out for a loooooooooooong time. More clerics with donals bp's than without.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
right, but there's only one or two guilds that tracksock.... lessening the workload for the GMs.

lessening the workload for the GMs is the only motivation behind variance.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
This. And the same reason why training is allowed in VP.

Either way, the raid scene on P99 is utter shit. For neckbeards or otherwise.
IB et. al. is back fighting in VP. Again. Just cuz I guess o_O. The long run of p99 is really testament to the shitty run of mmo's we've had in the past years.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It seems like, again from an outsiders perspective, that the clash between raid guilds is coming to a head--hopefully they will enforce rotations for the same reason SoE enforced them on some servers, because it cuts down on customer service time. If guilds display the ability to be in a tier, then they get put on a rotation, and get a few days to kill something, after that it goes into FFA mode and absolutely hands off by the GM's (Train away, poop sockers.)

Honestly though, this is the problem you get with non-instanced content. The good thing you get is that after a few years this content is still valuable enough to fight over, because the flow in is not just restricted by population access but rather by a small, set amount.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They will never force a rotation.

You'd be surprised how much some of these guys get off by the race to kill mobs... it's still exhilarating to so many of them all these years later, and that really is the only reason it keeps happening to stupid shit that no one needs loot from.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
thinking of starting up again and playing a Ranger.. yes I know they suck. Wish I did not give away all my gear and plat a year ago haha

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They will never force a rotation.

You'd be surprised how much some of these guys get off by the race to kill mobs... it's still exhilarating to so many of them all these years later, and that really is the only reason it keeps happening to stupid shit that no one needs loot from.
Exactly, dregs of the EQ community.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
thinking of starting up again and playing a Ranger.. yes I know they suck. Wish I did not give away all my gear and plat a year ago haha
I did that shit on blue. A few days before I got off active duty I ran around Oasis handing out Rubi BPs and shit, thinking I'd never play again once I was a civilian.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
I did that shit on blue. A few days before I got off active duty I ran around Oasis handing out Rubi BPs and shit, thinking I'd never play again once I was a civilian.
Haha I did pretty much the same thing, gave away about 120k in plat to newbs and a bunch of stuff like FBSS, GEBs, Djarns ring etc. Figured I would not play again but there is no MMO's I am interested in and I have some free time. Wish I would have kept at least a few k

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Damnit Kegz DDOS'ing the server again, apparently hes gotta take his aggression out on P99 because nobody plays on his shitty emu.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kegz "handed" the server to someone else. Coming from the guy that vowed to produce open source code, and these two guys are people no one ever heard of.

More like he just changed his posting name. Seeing as how those abomination of a forums are still up and literally nothing has changed, yea I'm gonna go with that.

Welcome back Epicemu.