Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So I was just banned on p99 for no reason whatsoever. Ambrotos approaches me, disguised as a player saying they heard I could sell them items. Seemed fishy so I knew not to agree to anything and talked to them outside of the game. They wanted like 200k and I said I can't do that. Started to seem fishy so I never said anything about selling it, the only thing I even said was the going market rate of 100k. Never mentioned paypal or anyway to pay me. Sure enough a few minutes later I'm banned. I'm told by Rogean to go make a petition. I do, Ambrotos claims to have evidence but doesn't show me any of it and yet has to resort to a half assed attempt at entrapment. Then my forum account is banned.

I wonder if there is any legal action that can be taken. I find it hard to believe that these guys can run an illegal server and then ban someone for absolutely no reason at all wasting thousands of hours of someones time. Especially when their own admins break their own rules in an attempt to poorly entrap their own players. They think players have absolutely no rights whatsoever on their server. I find this hard to believe especially considering they are illegally hosting it.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I find this hard to believe especially considering they are illegally hosting it.
I didn't think there was anything that you found hard to believe.

On aSERIOUSnote, this kind of bullshit isn't new and I remember reading about something similar before FOH closed down.

I wonder if there is any legal action that can be taken.
tumblr_inline_momm3mgKfy1qz4rgp.gif

Ryoz

<Donor>
Need some advice on how much plat or what a comparable account/item trade would be. Have a 50 pally with guise and also a 50 necro on the account. The original owner wants it back and I'm not sure how much to charge.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I was just banned on p99 for no reason whatsoever. Ambrotos approaches me, disguised as a player saying they heard I could sell them items. Seemed fishy so I knew not to agree to anything and talked to them outside of the game. They wanted like 200k and I said I can't do that. Started to seem fishy so I never said anything about selling it, the only thing I even said was the going market rate of 100k. Never mentioned paypal or anyway to pay me. Sure enough a few minutes later I'm banned. I'm told by Rogean to go make a petition. I do, Ambrotos claims to have evidence but doesn't show me any of it and yet has to resort to a half assed attempt at entrapment. Then my forum account is banned.

I wonder if there is any legal action that can be taken. I find it hard to believe that these guys can run an illegal server and then ban someone for absolutely no reason at all wasting thousands of hours of someones time. Especially when their own admins break their own rules in an attempt to poorly entrap their own players. They think players have absolutely no rights whatsoever on their server. I find this hard to believe especially considering they are illegally hosting it.
Players have absolutely no right on their server. They have absolutely no right in a court of law.

I get all giggly inside when I see people fuming over the Kegz DDOSing stuff and think about the fact that people want an illegal emulator server to press charges, as well as how much I would think the server staff does not want anything their doing to be examined - considering charges would probably be brought against them for profiting off someone elses IP.

Ryoz

<Donor>

The way you're speaking about this though makes it seem like you do sell things for RL money... why would you even entertain this person's request?

pointyboot

Do you know there's a staff member who's only job is to hunt RMT? Why would you advertise on such a popular forum like Rerolled?

2002User

lol raped idiot, back to flipping burgers at macdonalds for you

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It had nothing to do with me advertising on rerolled.

The way you're speaking about this though makes it seem like you do sell things for RL money... why would you even entertain this person's request?
Doesn't matter why I would entertain it. I didn't sell anything nor agreed to sell. Also I'm not the one who approached them, they approached me. So it's ok for them to break their own rules in order to attempt to entrap their own players?

pointyboot

How do you even know it had nothing to do with your ad here? You advertised somewhere else too?

No matter. You were advertising and got popped. Nobody will pity you on this.

Ryoz

<Donor>
It had nothing to do with me advertising on rerolled.

Doesn't matter why I would entertain it. I didn't sell anything nor agreed to sell. Also I'm not the one who approached them, they approached me. So it's ok for them to break their own rules in order to attempt to entrap their own players?
Pretend like this is nazi germany, and I am gestapo disguised as a jew. I ask you were I might hide some of my jewkin, and you say hey well let's go way over there so we can speak in private. I have 20 jews but you say that's too many and you can't hide that many, but you do give me the going rate on hiding 10 jews. I would arrest your jew loving ass immediately... might even kill you right then and there.

Now, does it seem like you are someone that might be able to hide some jews or not?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
lol raped idiot, back to flipping burgers at macdonalds for you
Eh more like back to grinding poker full time making more in a day than you do in a week. I could literally buy back every I lost within a few days but that is besides the point.

2002User

Eh more like back to grinding poker full time making more in a day than you do in a week. I could literally buy back every I lost within a few days but that is besides the point.
donkey confirmed

don't buy back stuff though, you need to save up for that lawsuit LOL

axeman_sl

shitlord
Wait, so you want to sue the operators of a free, non-profit server for banning you when there's no legal structure whatsoever, no terms of service or anything else that makes anybody accountable in any conceivable way? That's like suing the people in the park because they no longer want to play chess with you. How stupid are you?

Clearly you weren't banned "for no reason whatsoever." You're an RMTer and, when approached, agreed to discuss it outside the game and revealed knowledge of RMTing practices. You weren't caught in the act of a transaction, but it's more than enough to identify you as an RMTer. If you want to be safe, how about you don't shit all over private Everquest servers? I don't think we're very sympathetic to your plight. You deserved to be banned and the server is better off without you.

Enjoy your poker.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
donkey confirmed

don't buy back stuff though, you need to save up for that lawsuit LOL
I didn't say I was going to sue you fucking downy. I was simply curious if it were even possible. Also, I think the 50k cash sitting in my safe is enough to afford a law suit.