Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Banwave on P99 just went out today, just as an FYI. Keeping pixels clean and untainted.
Unless the Monk, Szeth, has been rebanned... then it is still tainted. I sold him about 2 years ago now for about 500 USD. He was recently unbanned. If you can explain how a flagged RMT account can be unbanned, and then resold to a new owner without corruption I will back down.

Siliconemelons

I see shit like this and feel that cold mistress luring me back every time. Then I remember I can't play MMOs without my real life suffering and have to accept that I'll never be there again.
you are missed bro... Only a few of the old old crew remain

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Banwave for what?
Probably MQ2ers and confirmed 2boxers.

I don't know for sure but there hasn't been a cleanup of MQ2, ShowEQ, MySEQ, etc, since late 2012... it probably was overdue and they didn't have someone dedicated to doing it. Ephi is dedicated to this role according to the thread.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Hilarity. I wonder if they're going to clean up the advantage(s) that the guilds these people were in have claimed as a result of their bullshit, too. Unlikely.

As usual, they swat at flies, but they do nothing about the piles of rotten food everywhere.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Compliments of Big Relapse (I would get called out if I didn't cite my source) the ban list from the first banwave:

http://pastebin.com/Jbrzfybb

Looks about right!

Note: does not include people manually banned by a GM.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Banwave on P99 just went out today, just as an FYI. Keeping pixels clean and untainted.
Banwave should run daily. Too little too late. Hopefully when the timeline server drops, it will be a daily run with public posting of the would be box integrity destroyers.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Good call I forgot about that... Szeth was first banned for SEQ, and THEN for RMT. Man, they're doing a bang up job of removing corrupt characters.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Compliments of Big Relapse (I would get called out if I didn't cite my source) the ban list from the first banwave:

http://pastebin.com/Jbrzfybb

Looks about right!

Note: does not include people manually banned by a GM.
Holy shit. I ctrl+F'ed and searched account names of guys from WR(or Shards of Dalaya) and a few other EMU servers that I had played seriously with over the years; guys that were just good at pressing buttons and sitting in one spot for a long time, and I found quite a few of my old friends on that list. Which leads me to say...

I'm so fucking glad I only played a month on P99. I had prior experience with Rogean and Chris (or Hostyle) from the early days of Winters Roar. I knew it was going to be an epic shitshow as soon as I saw the original announcement. I contemplated plans to keep on playing just for the drama, but I figured I'd end up banned pretty quickly for making forum posts asking why guys who had been banned from WR/SoD and other emu servers for completely obvious use of MQ/SEQ/6boxing/etc were being made GM's. Guys that Rogean had full and complete knowledge of their history. I would guess Rogean probably handed out a few GM spots for cash; that was just the type of guy he always was, is, and will continue to be.

Good luck buddies, and grats to Rogean for finally making his long sought after internet bux.

gn0me_sl

shitlord
The sweet siren song of classic Everquest calls once again. I'll be seeing you faggots online next week probably.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I kind of feel like playing EQ again also... have they finally gotten around to putting Iksar planar in? Or itemizing Chardok?